• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1572 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Carols said:
Pantani Attacks said:
People are forgetting the guy is coming back from an injury, and injury that's going to be niggling for a good while. The only significant thing about today is that he finished without crashing or injuring himself.

I not forgetting that but the folks wanting to start the hype train are. Then they get dissapointed if he can't perform to their expectations :(. The man was Injured and is Recovering, hopefully he manages to be in decent shape by the Vuelta that is my wish.

he'd better be. Otherwise Froome will go down in history as the Tour/Vuelta double winner (and who knows the olympic gold medals). He is the only big hurdle for Froome to achieve that. So I expected him flying on Vuelta. Better than his 2014.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

ILovecycling said:
Im looking forward to Burgos! Anybody know if MAL is scheduled?
We need a proper benchmark before la vuelta ;)

burgos is like Quintana benchmark with the Route Du Sud. Quintana pretty much.. meh. So hopefully he is flying comes vuelta.

I really think Froome has very little chance. Not because I underrate Froome, but because I think people underestimate the effect of throwing the Olympics in there, right in the middle. Also depends on how hard you try at the Olympics.

Did Sastre ride the Olympics in 2008?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Red Rick said:
I really think Froome has very little chance. Not because I underrate Froome, but because I think people underestimate the effect of throwing the Olympics in there, right in the middle. Also depends on how hard you try at the Olympics.

I secretly hope so. But you never know since he is an alien :D . Contador on the other hand, better shows up flying. None of that.. my form is unknown.. bla, bla, bla. If he can't beat Froome with his tour/olympic leg, this Contador's forum will explode.. everyone one will sing in unison for Contador to retire. :D :D

Re:

Red Rick said:

I don't think the Olympics will have much to do with Froome's Vuelta performance. You can recover from a one day race fairly quickly even a hard one. Contador missed the hardest part of the Tour that's why he is favourite. Age does not seem to have affected Contador too much yet. I don't think Froome can win but I think a podium is possible, it will probably depend on how well Chaves and the other Giro riders go as they will all be fresher in the third week.

movingtarget said:
Red Rick said:

I don't think the Olympics will have much to do with Froome's Vuelta performance. You can recover from a one day race fairly quickly even a hard one. Contador missed the hardest part of the Tour that's why he is favourite. Age does not seem to have affected Contador too much yet. I don't think Froome can win but I think a podium is possible, it will probably depend on how well Chaves and the other Giro riders go as they will all be fresher in the third week.

It's not the effort of the Olympics, it's the form trajectory that you need to be great in all 3 races. It is possible that he doesn't change his much from a normal double and that the Olympics are more of a hail mary than anything else.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

Miburo said:
Kokoso said:
Pretty poor showing at San Sebastian for a leader.

He wasn't really the leader. How did Kreuziger do heh? He comes from the tour, should be in great shape.
Kreuziger nothing much, he had a cramps, finished 22th the group 50 seconds back. Why are you asking on him here? :confused:

Yep, Contador was one of the leaders, look at Tinkoff site.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Kokoso said:
Miburo said:
Kokoso said:
Pretty poor showing at San Sebastian for a leader.

He wasn't really the leader. How did Kreuziger do heh? He comes from the tour, should be in great shape.
Kreuziger nothing much, he had a cramps, finished 22th the group 50 seconds back. Why are you asking on him here? :confused:

Yep, Contador was one of the leaders, look at Tinkoff site.

Cause you're mad that Kreuziger wasted chances because of Contador, let' be honest in here shall? ;)

Nothing wrong being salty about it, but don't be in denial

TRENDING THREADS