• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1602 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

portugal11 said:
1.39 to quintana is possible. He will get better day by day and he will gain 1.30 minutes in the tt. He just need to gain 9 seconds until there
Lol :p
Miburo said:
I'm gonna rewatch this **** 20 times, contador passing froome. It feels good :)
Watch Froome looking to his side just as Berto comes past - "well ***" :p

Arredondo said:
He just needs to follow his own rhythm more. He alway burns himself in trying to follow the first big attack by a GC rider.
Definitely. Hopefully today was an eye-opener for him. He said he chose to ride his own rhythm. And it worked very well.

Re: Re:

ice&fire said:
Miburo said:
ice&fire said:
Quintana lost 1'33" to Dumoulin in last year ITT. Contador needs to be at Dumoulin/Cancellara level to take 1'30" on Quintana.

He can definitely take a minute
That won't be enough to win GC if he keeps losing a few seconds in every summit finish.
Rationality doesn't the thread agenda. Ac Will be flying like an Angel in week 3 While all the over contenders Will fade altogether.

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
You guys need to wait a little before cancelling hope, yesterday it was all over for him..

Even though I think he surprised himself a little bit today.

I'm not convinced Quintana will be the biggest threat, Froome and Chaves I think. Valverde will(must, surely) have to break at some point.

But the biggest favorite still is Pierre LaTour in LaVuelta :)

Re:

Miburo said:
On the aubisque you can play with minutes, i expect the best Contador there
It's always hard to gain minutes on a mtf. Even Froome in 2013 and 2015 never won on a tdf mtf by more than a minute. And Nairo surely won't be bad on the Aubisque too. If Contador really gets better he might be able to gain 30 seconds, if he becomes a lot better maybe even a minute. But minutes are only possible if Quintana is really bad

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
You misunderstand me, when contador is dropped he'll lose a lot.

Contador isn't like froome, when he drops, he's done for, he'll lose way more than any other rider that drops. Always, it's unlike any other rider but that's the way Contador rolls.

Today was a miracle

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
You misunderstand me, when contador is dropped he'll lose a lot.

Contador isn't like froome, when he drops, he's done for, he'll lose way more than any other rider that drops. Always, it's unlike any other rider but that's the way Contador rolls.

Today was a miracle

Yes, I don't remember recently seeing Contador dropped and he came back, seems once dropped he gives up. This time there was a fight, but he also did a measure effort, very smart. I think he is learning that due to age he doesn't have that burst method of attacking, he has to do it measured, just he did not have confidence in that method, all his career it has been the burst method. Today he saw it can work. His confidence barometer really went up. I think that has been the big item for AC, confidence. He does not feel he can crush these young lads (Froome, chavas, Quintana) with his speed, but today, just a measured ride can work...as long as the sky train is not there..and its not there for this Vuelta...phew!

TRENDING THREADS