• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1709 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 17, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
I do wonser if he'll tank the Dauphine though
Why?
I thought you watched the video
Yes I don't understand your point

He said that he will try and take it easy at the Dauphine but it will take lots of self-discipline. He is suggesting a shift in approach where he would like to go to the Tour slightly undertrained and rested.

Climber123 said:
He said that he will try and take it easy at the Dauphine but it will take lots of self-discipline. He is suggesting a shift in approach where he would like to go to the Tour slightly undertrained and rested.
I don't think it's much different from what he's done in previous years. He is always a bit undercooked at the Dauphiné. I don't think he'll "tank" anything.

LaFlorecita said:
Climber123 said:
I don't think it's much different from what he's done in previous years. He is always a bit undercooked at the Dauphiné. I don't think he'll "tank" anything.
Well, last year he went bananas on Madeleine mid stage. That's hardly taking it easy.

Netserk said:
LaFlorecita said:
Climber123 said:
Well, last year he went bananas on Madeleine mid stage. That's hardly taking it easy.
"Taking it easy" is Berto-speak for "I won't be bothered if I don't win" ;)

LaFlorecita said:
Netserk said:
LaFlorecita said:
Climber123 said:
"Taking it easy" is Berto-speak for "I won't be bothered if I don't win" ;)
He certainly did care last year and and so did he in 2014. I think he alludes to his pre-ban prep where a whole new Contador emerged in July - that hasn't been the case for post ban.

LaFlorecita said:

What's funny about that? He's realistic.

“I want to arrive there at 100%. If my legs and body are strong, I have an option to win the Tour.”

He's 34 already. He's smart enough to know that Froome and Quintana are most of the time stronger (in the TdF). So yes, he needs to be 100% if he wants something. To be 100% he needs some rest from time to time.

I knew today would be bad when I saw the weather forecast, I could feel it. Very disappointed either way, and it's frustrating to see that Degenkolb doesn't even try to help.
Hopefully Alberto can at least win a stage, but it will be difficult vs. Porte.

Edit: looks like Degenkolb is taking turns now

TRENDING THREADS