• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1710 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Let's not forget he was rather terrible on the cobbled stage in the Tour back in 2014. Alberto has never been good in these conditions and it will never change, no matter how his form is. Also, it didn't help him that he had no help when the Katusha team rode in the cross wind. I noticed that he spent a lot of resources trying to position himself in the echelon-formation.

Re: Re:

Sciocco said:
LaFlorecita said:
Sciocco said:
Contador will win PN.

Easy.
Yeah, in 2042 his son will win.
Just stop. It's getting annoying.
STFU with your pessimism. There are four GC relevant stages left and Contador attacks.
Duh. It's just that whenever you make such a prediction it turns out to be false and you look stupid.
I sure hope you don't have jinxing powers else we're in for Alberto's worst season since he turned pro :rolleyes:

Contador: "Estuve algo enfermo en la última etapa de Abu Dhabi. En Andalucía tomé antibióticos. Terminé con ellos la semana pasada".
Contador: "Ahora me siento mejor. Tengo confianza para la parte dura de la París-Niza (se refiere a las etapas de montaña)".

Alberto says he was on antibiotics but feels better now. He feels confident for the hard part of the race.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Contador: "Estuve algo enfermo en la última etapa de Abu Dhabi. En Andalucía tomé antibióticos. Terminé con ellos la semana pasada".
Contador: "Ahora me siento mejor. Tengo confianza para la parte dura de la París-Niza (se refiere a las etapas de montaña)".

Alberto says he was on antibiotics but feels better now. He feels confident for the hard part of the race.

Not a surprise he is excusing his performance. It is not the first time he has lost seconds, when the other favorites sprint. Hopefully he is fully recovered soon, so he can create some carnage in the weekend.

Re:

Matteo. said:
I think he had to justify the fact that was dropped on a little slpope, so not being able to say that he was tired, cold or else, has used that trick.
He's a master of tricks and deceptions
Not sure he's deceiving or tricking anyone these days. All these excuses just make him look like a bad loser.

If he has been ill and his form is poor because of it; even more reason to keep quiet, then he might get underestimated later in the year when his form returns. The running commentary does him no favours except to help protect his ego a bit.

TRENDING THREADS