• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1777 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Alberto Contador: “Estoy contento, me he encontrado muy bien, aunque me falta acoplarme mejor a la bicicleta. Hemos hecho cambios de última hora en este sentido, pero para eso estamos aquí. En las subidas, mi terreno, me he encontrado muy bien, pero tal vez la carretera, con muchos baches, ha podido favorecer mas a los corredores con mas peso. De todas formas para este momento en la preparación estoy contento. Esta crono favorecía a gente de más peso, como Porte y Froome. Para el momento de preparación en el que estamos estoy feliz. Ellos han corrido en Romandía, llegan a tope. Yo voy de menos a más”.

Ouch, Berto calling Porte a fatty :D
He also says he made some changes to his TT position at the last hour, which may explain why he looked so uncomfortable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ansQmNMOgo

May 20, 2015
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Alberto Contador: “Estoy contento, me he encontrado muy bien, aunque me falta acoplarme mejor a la bicicleta. Hemos hecho cambios de última hora en este sentido, pero para eso estamos aquí. En las subidas, mi terreno, me he encontrado muy bien, pero tal vez la carretera, con muchos baches, ha podido favorecer mas a los corredores con mas peso. De todas formas para este momento en la preparación estoy contento. Esta crono favorecía a gente de más peso, como Porte y Froome. Para el momento de preparación en el que estamos estoy feliz. Ellos han corrido en Romandía, llegan a tope. Yo voy de menos a más”.

He also says he made some changes to his TT position at the last hour, which may explain why he looked so uncomfortable

Oh god :lol:

I've seen LRP with my bare eyes and well lets just say that he's not thick.

TheYouyou7 said:
LaFlorecita said:

Oh god :lol:

I've seen LRP with my bare eyes and well lets just say that he's not thick.
And he's definitely not heavier than Berto, which is what he's saying ;)

"The most important thing is I feel good because in the last years, I don't know why, I have not felt good in this time trial. I have always lost time," said Contador. "I am really happy with my feeling because I felt I had power in the climbs today. But with these roads and all the flats it suited riders like Tony Martin. But I finished 7th, I still feel fresh, and this is important."

"The mountains arrive after tomorrow, and it will be good for the work for the Tour de France," added Contador. "I will go into the last days calm and not put a big responsibility on my my team; [my focus is] only do a good work for July. I expected to lose some time today; Porte and Froome have raced more and have arrived here in better form."

"For me, some moments were hard because we had changed some things on the bike, but this is why we are here: to try different things and work on the position," answered Contador when asked about his back and forth movements on his saddle during the race. "We tried different materials, Trek is always working very well with this, and we made changes in the last moment, and today it felt a little strange, but we still have three weeks before the Tour."

Re:

Escarabajo said:
Maybe he is thinking of Porte from when he was his domestique!!! :D
16bzt48.jpg

hihihi :p

I could not help but notice this ridiculous post in the CN comments section

"I like the idea of Contador riding the Giro but it depends upon the level of competition. If the level is as high as this year he is better off riding a race he can be competitive in like the Tour of California.

Regardless, he should focus on the Vuelta. While Contador has never been able to compete with the top echelon of riders when they are in top form he has shown the ability to keep a high level of riding all year. Subsequently, he has made a career out of riding against weaker, tired and out of form riders in the Vuelta. This should still be his focus rather than his annual crusade hoping to get a top 7 to 15 placement at the Tour. Mollema has fulfilled that role the last 8 years much better than Contador as Mollema has actually been relevant in the race. Trek should focus on Mollema and Pantano."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dauphine-guercilena-keen-to-keep-contador-as-he-builds-for-2018/

One of the funniest comments I've read in a while.

Alright boring stuff over. Looking forward to seeing him on Mont du Chat tomorrow. Will be difficult for him to not at least give it a shot, given his position in the GC ahead of the mountains stages. I'm thinking Porte probably will drop them all tomorrow, but staying with Froome will give him some needed confidence

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re:

rune1107 said:
Alright boring stuff over. Looking forward to seeing him on Mont du Chat tomorrow. Will be difficult for him to not at least give it a shot, given his position in the GC ahead of the mountains stages. I'm thinking Porte probably will drop them all tomorrow, but staying with Froome will give him some needed confidence
Tomorrow I think sky will control and porte will not attack or even contador. Maybe bardet

Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
I could not help but notice this ridiculous post in the CN comments section

"I like the idea of Contador riding the Giro but it depends upon the level of competition. If the level is as high as this year he is better off riding a race he can be competitive in like the Tour of California.

Regardless, he should focus on the Vuelta. While Contador has never been able to compete with the top echelon of riders when they are in top form he has shown the ability to keep a high level of riding all year. Subsequently, he has made a career out of riding against weaker, tired and out of form riders in the Vuelta. This should still be his focus rather than his annual crusade hoping to get a top 7 to 15 placement at the Tour. Mollema has fulfilled that role the last 8 years much better than Contador as Mollema has actually been relevant in the race. Trek should focus on Mollema and Pantano."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dauphine-guercilena-keen-to-keep-contador-as-he-builds-for-2018/

One of the funniest comments I've read in a while.
Literally only finished outside the top 5 once

TRENDING THREADS