• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1783 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

ad9898 said:
I'll just chip in with a nugget I was today. Contador says he's using this race as training. I'd believe him on this as I noticed he was riding with Valverde on the big ring. All the others including Valverde were on 36/39.

This is not the gear to be using on 10% grades if he was interested in staying with Froome/Porte.

I think we can be assured he'll be on top of his game come the Tour
Perhaps he's just laying the groundwork so that he can point to a knee injury as a reason he didn't win the Tour.

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
Yeah, but he still looked really bad.

Let's see if he can bounce back from that. Last year, he improved after Vaujany.
Maybe had something to do with that huge gear he allegedly used (did not see the stage).

The danish commentators, who include Chris Anker Sorensen, noticed his gearing at the beginning of the climb. He was very confused why Contador had chosen such heavy gearing for such a steep climb.

Kwibus said:
RedheadDane said:
Dunno if it's a correct assessment, but Danish television have this little "theory" that if he's doing interviews in English, it means he's feeling pretty good.

The stuff people come up with. This has to be a joke though.

We will see in July how his form will be.

I can actually see what they build it on:
If you're struggling you might not have the mental "overview" to start conducting interviews in a foreign language, which you doesn't speak very well.
Of course it's entirely possible that Trek has a - somewhat strict - everbody must speak English rule, so he's simply practicing.

RedheadDane said:
Kwibus said:
RedheadDane said:
Dunno if it's a correct assessment, but Danish television have this little "theory" that if he's doing interviews in English, it means he's feeling pretty good.

The stuff people come up with. This has to be a joke though.

We will see in July how his form will be.

I can actually see what they build it on:
If you're struggling you might not have the mental "overview" to start conducting interviews in a foreign language, which you doesn't speak very well.
Of course it's entirely possible that Trek has a - somewhat strict - everbody must speak English rule, so he's simply practicing.

His english is very good for an spaniard. Certainly not perfect, but its certainly quite goid. He has a fat spanish accent, that's all.

TRENDING THREADS