• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1790 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ad9898 said:
silvergrenade said:
LaFlorecita said:
Cool photo :)
img_cpiedrabuena_20170610-161123_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_db5cgx3v0aa9bhb-kONC-U4233035701681M-980x554@MundoDeportivo-Web.jpg

So much pain and varying levels of torture in one photograph.
You find it cool? :D

I love this video of him climbing the Angliru in 2008. In his day he was spectacular, panache, style. If he didn't attack he'd just ride away from them. No grimacing back then, check out the cadence, no one could touch him :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r43JIBQo56s&t=379s&index=2&list=PLKeuNuY1FOUlQT95KY7UWJX8m80hK4Y79

In 1980's, my dad used to race me through all the gardens and fields back home, he could whip my ass! Nowadays, he has no chance because he's too old and his knees are knackered! It's great reminiscing how good he was and just wished that one day he could give me one last race to see if he still has it, just to show me what he was able to do back in the day, but I know he can't and he knows he can't. Such a shame.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
What he usually does in livigno? His weight seems pretty good but he has lost a lot of power/spark in his legs (maybe aging). He was pretty underwhelming in dauphine after his most important training camp at alttitude. I know alberto is a lot better compared to what he did in dauphine. So any explanation for this?

Re:

portugal11 said:
What he usually does in livigno? His weight seems pretty good but he has lost a lot of power/spark in his legs (maybe aging). He was pretty underwhelming in dauphine after his most important training camp at alttitude. I know alberto is a lot better compared to what he did in dauphine. So any explanation for this?
I thought Alberto made sure everyone and their moms know about why he was performing like he was...

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
portugal11 said:
I thought Alberto made sure everyone and their moms know about why he was performing like he was...

My mom knew so I think you might be correct.

what's supposed to mean 'not going into red too much'? do we seriously believe contador has capacity to lose to porte and froome 40-50 seconds on chat not going too deep? I'm saying about current contador, not 2009/2014 contador. it's highly doubtful.

Re:

dacooley said:
what's supposed to mean 'not going into red too much'? do we seriously believe contador has capacity to lose to porte and froome 40-50 seconds on chat not going too deep? I'm saying about current contador, not 2009/2014 contador. it's highly doubtful.
That's the thing; we don't know what percent of his maximum he went to in finishing 11th at the Dauphine. If that was 99%, then he won't make the podium in the Tour. If that was 75%, he's going to be very hard to beat in July.

Leinster said:
dacooley said:
That's the thing; we don't know what percent of his maximum he went to in finishing 11th at the Dauphine. If that was 99%, then he won't make the podium in the Tour. If that was 75%, he's going to be very hard to beat in July.

Do you even know the differences between climbers? It's extremely minute. 99% peak Froome would be equivalent to 100% contador from what we've seen over the years.
If that was a 75% contador and just lost 1 minute on Chat, hell, he'll be dropping froome and porte and winning every mtf by 10 minutes.
:surprised: :lol:

Looks to me like he's trying out the most efficient style for specific efforts.
Should come useful in various situations... He doesn't need to dance all the time.

I think he still can keep up with anybody, but the question is can he do it every time he needs to?

Publicus said:
LaFlorecita said:
Oh, just realized the video is sped up, so his actual cadence is lower :eek:

I don't know how you're drawing that conclusion. I watched it a couple of times after you posted it and nothing seems abnormal. Perhaps it's the fanboy blinders I have on.

I just watched it. The audio doesn't seemed sped up and the car going by doesn't look sped up.

Publicus said:
LaFlorecita said:
Oh, just realized the video is sped up, so his actual cadence is lower :eek:

I don't know how you're drawing that conclusion. I watched it a couple of times after you posted it and nothing seems abnormal. Perhaps it's the fanboy blinders I have on.
The movement of the camera seems to suggest that to me. Or the camera person has Parkinson's :confused:
And he has posted sped up videos before

TRENDING THREADS