• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1819 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Very very encouraging. He and Porte looked VERY strong in the run in today. He literally came out of nowhere to hitch onto the front, while Froome actually looked a bit labored to move forward- though he ended up ahead of the other favorites in the finale.

perico said:
Very very encouraging. He and Porte looked VERY strong in the run in today. He literally came out of nowhere to hitch onto the front, while Froome actually looked a bit labored to move forward- though he ended up ahead of the other favorites in the finale.
Yeah I got worried when I noticed the only Trekkie near the fromt was actually Degs, but then Berto popped up. Logically he drifted back on the false flat but he didn't lose time and didn't crash. All in all a good stage :)

Him and Porte were the strongest in the steep part. After the turn they started losing positions, but the gradient there was only 3-4%. I liked the fact that Bertie followed Porte on the steep part. We all know his history in false flat sprints. He is not quite in 2014 shape (yet), but is better than in 2015 or 2013. It was also positive that he managed to stay in the front with relative ease in the last 15-20 km. De Kort and Degenkolb were very good in keeping him safe when it matered!

Good to see Contador taking a more active approach on a stage like this. Seems a bit of a change from recent years, and definitely the right tactic for a rider without much acceleration. I feel in recent years he would have sat passively behind all the sprinters and ended up losing 5-10 seconds.

Re:

bajbar said:
Him and Porte were the strongest in the steep part.

Don't forget Contador fans favorite rider - Rafal Majka. He was with them, right there, all the time ;)

It's nice to see Bertie sharp and focused from the start. Lets hope he can keep it up till the deciding part of the race. That could make competition much more interesting. On form Contador is surely spectacular rider.

Re: Re:

Arked said:
bajbar said:
Him and Porte were the strongest in the steep part.

Don't forget Contador fans favorite rider - Rafal Majka. He was with them, right there, all the time ;)

It's nice to see Bertie sharp and focused from the start. Lets hope he can keep it up till the deciding part of the race. That could make competition much more interesting. On form Contador is surely spectacular rider.
Majka had nice things to say regarding riding for Contador in his recent interview here (going against the Tinkoff everyone hates Bertie meme), Rafal just had one obnoxious fan that got on everyone's last nerves. Kru was the rider who irritated most last year.

Porte top end power put AC into the lactic acid. Froome did his usual rev it up till the finish and actually had more in the tank than AC of Porte, but Porte dug deep early. Sagan is, well, a phenom.

I see AC loosing a bit of time to those two on Weds.

Re:

rhubroma said:
Porte top end power put AC into the lactic acid. Froome did his usual rev it up till the finish and actually had more in the tank than AC of Porte, but Porte dug deep early. Sagan is, well, a phenom.

I see AC loosing a bit of time to those two on Weds.

I will not disagree. But Porte will have his bad day sooner or later. Froome, well I expect him to be Very Strong throughout.

DD1Pus4WsAQwv-C

please can someone show this photo to Oleg. His head would explode.

TRENDING THREADS