• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1948 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
Best man of the 3rd week.

Please Alberto. One more year?
There goes the recovery theory? :D
Valv. Piti prep **** up theory confirmed?!
It looks that way me right now, but on the other hand we have had at least +10 theories why he hasn't performed up to expectations over the years. He will fix that and be back in Italy, maybe unless he wins on Angliru!

Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:

It looks that way me right now, but on the other hand we have had at least +10 theories why he hasn't performed up to expectations over the years. He will fix that and be back in Italy, maybe unless he wins on Angliru!
Yeah it's really puzzling to me right now. He's the best he's been since 2015, and that at the end of his 2nd consecutive GT in a tough season.

Aug 20, 2017
Visit site
Will Bertie carry on? I'm seriously thinking after this performance that he will get some serious offers.
If someone can give him a strong team then I can see him having a rethink. If he his given at least 2/3 strong climbers and carry this form to the tour he can easily win it. I'm beginning to have re think . He attacked and attacked and still rocked it at the end . If Froome had tried the same he would have been fried. Perhaps Bertie's injurys have had a significant impact on this season . Wow he's killing it. To be honest I'm surprised as funk.
I' don't care how long a climb his if Bertie has good legs and attacks anything can happen .
Funking awesome....

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Lv426 said:
Will Bertie carry on? I'm seriously thinking after this performance that he will get some serious offers.
If someone can give him a strong team then I can see him having a rethink. If he his given at least 2/3 strong climbers and carry this form to the tour he can easily win it. I'm beginning to have re think . He attacked and attacked and still rocked it at the end . If Froome had tried the same he would have been fried. Perhaps Bertie's injurys have had a significant impact on this season . Wow he's killing it. To be honest I'm surprised as funk.
I' don't care how long a climb his if Bertie has good legs and attacks anything can happen .
Funking awesome....
OMG, i would love to see him in astana again. Vino and contador, what a combo :D

Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
Red Rick said:

Yeah it's really puzzling to me right now. He's the best he's been since 2015, and that at the end of his 2nd consecutive GT in a tough season.
Makes no sense. He has been incredible these last days, with this shape I think he is the favourite for Angliru or at least 2nd or 3rd, but its really hard to judge given Nibali and Lopez have shown weaknesses these last few days.

Bertie won't continue : on sporza they told the story that Bertie drank a glass of wine earlier in the Vuelta and said, in a fe days/or a week or so I can do that every day....

he's out of the peloton in 3 days from now and you may thank whatever you believe in that you have seen him live and or on television in action, He alone makes Sky tremble ...

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Lexman said:
Bertie won't continue : on sporza they told the story that Bertie drank a glass of wine earlier in the Vuelta and said, in a fe days/or a week or so I can do that every day....

he's out of the peloton in 3 days from now and you may thank whatever you believe in that you have seen him live and or on television in action, He alone makes Sky tremble ...

It is a pity.
But I advise to enjoy the 3 stages that remain .... like who hurries a glass of the best wine in the world! :razz: :razz:
Alberto with an "army with is the Sky" and without falls he would have won the Tour de France, La Vuelta and the Giro of 2018 .... he is still the best cyclist in the world for GV of 3 weeks.

Re:

Lexman said:

Yeah. I don't think Contador is completely done with cycling. He's just longing for life after cycling. Can't chase La Decima forever

Red Rick said:
Lexman said:

Yeah. I don't think Contador is completely done with cycling. He's just longing for life after cycling. Can't chase La Decima forever
This; he obviously still enjoys racing and cycling but he is just tired of the sacrifices, he wants to have a normal life. I really don't think anything can convince him to continue till next year's Giro. But I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a comeback in 2019 because he misses the racing and feels he cut his career short, I don't think it's likely, but I wouldn't be surprised.

LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
Lexman said:

This; he obviously still enjoys racing and cycling but he is just tired of the sacrifices, he wants to have a normal life. I really don't think anything can convince him to continue till next year's Giro. But I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a comeback in 2019 because he misses the racing and feels he cut his career short, I don't think it's likely, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't think he'll come back. I think he'll understand he cannot hope to repeat the experience he is having now. Bear in mind he also saw Lance's comeback at close range.

But I agree I think he's tired of the sacrifice.

Electress said:
LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
Lexman said:

I don't think he'll come back. I think he'll understand he cannot hope to repeat the experience he is having now. Bear in mind he also saw Lance's comeback at close range.

But I agree I think he's tired of the sacrifice.
Well maybe he just knows 2 things about coming back

Don't pick the team with your successor
Don't be an arsehole

TRENDING THREADS