• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1950 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
One man wants to attack, 10 teams want to reel him in to preserve their placings. If this is the cycling of tomorrow, then please let it die with some dignity
It is rather sad :(

Many mediocre cyclists.
A team made up of many millions
and a great champion ...

Re:

jsem94 said:
He has single-handedly enhanced this Vuelta from like a 4-5/10 to like 7-8/10.
Will make it 10/10 tomorrow ;)

In all honesty, he is ridiculously strong right now. He just gained 40 seconds on the 4th in the gc on a 3rd category climb. This really looks like the strongest Contador since 2014. Anyway I just hope that he won't regret this attack tomorrow. This surely cost him a lot of energy but then again, he has ridden like this for the whole vuelta and looks like he is only getting better and better.

Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Trek had a plan for this stage but they didn't play it well.

At the end of the day it was an easy stage for domestiques, so with this type of finale it was badly raced from Trek's perspective.
I think they did everything right. If Pantano had waited as well Contador maybe would have gained 5 seconds. But considering Pantano was so close to win the stage, not letting him wait was definitely the right decision.

Of course a team like Sunweb are going to chase Contador. A podium is important to all teams and sponsors. It's just tactics. Of course I would love to see Contador gain time, but that's racing. He is one of the very few that will risk everything to win a race, not worrying about 2nd or 3rd place. That is what makes him so unique and special. Hopefully tomorrow he has enough left in the tank because I am sure he will give every bit of energy he has left to win. Sunday is a club ride, so tomorrow is it. The last real day of racing for Alberto Contador.

Re:

benzwire said:
Of course a team like Sunweb are going to chase Contador. A podium is important to all teams and sponsors. It's just tactics. Of course I would love to see Contador gain time, but that's racing. He is one of the very few that will risk everything to win a race, not worrying about 2nd or 3rd place. That is what makes him so unique and special. Hopefully tomorrow he has enough left in the tank because I am sure he will give every bit of energy he has left to win. Sunday is a club ride, so tomorrow is it. The last real day of racing for Alberto Contador.

Not only that, but a podium is important to a guy like Kelderman and Zakarin, whom have never achieved one...
Contador and Nibali are, however, on a different reality.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Contador can make the podium if he wants, zaka couldn't follow him in that hill so I think he can gain a minute on him in angliru. But I want to see contador destroy the field tomorrow before the angliru

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Even with his energy spent today I think he still has a decent shot at the stage win tomorrow. I think he will have to wait for the Angliru rather than long range it but he might not be able to resist idk. Would be a nice send-off.

Re: Re:

Forever The Best said:
lenric said:
Great spirit from Contador, but it's perfectly natural (if you have a brain, that is) for guys like Zakarin and Kelderman to chase.
Let's hope that tomorrow Alberto still has good legs.
How about writing a sentence without insulting people? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:
Sky was gonna chase anyways, what Sunweb did was embarrassing to see.

I didn't mention a single name, yet you felt insulted. Feel free to figure the connection.

Anyway, stop being so emotional. Kelderman has never achieved a podium and Sunweb has the chance of getting a GT win plus (another) a GT podium and the points classification in TDF. Is it really that hard to understand why would they chase a guy who can very well get the 3rd place tomorrow? If it is, then I'm afraid it's useless to keep this convo going.

TRENDING THREADS