• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 2012 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
There's a guy on YouTube, Matt D'Avella, that does videos on "minimalism, habits, and productivity". Some interesting topics, etc. I think the dude looks a lot like retired Alberto. What do you think?
I'm just bored on a cold winter day. Sorry...

34259827_300x300

Reactions: SHAD0W93
I know this is sarcasm but he's been doing a lot of MTB since he retired, so I'm guessing it shouldn't pose too much of an issue. And FWIW I think he means the multi stage races like Cape Epic (which Purito rode a year or two ago) of course he's not going to compete in world cups :p

Purito was guest commentator during the Tour and the Vuelta and told some stories about his MTB races. He basically said that MTB handling skills are like ITT skills: either you have them or you can't get them at an old age.

You know, when I look back at that Vuelta, I understand why people shouted "Un año mas", because he was crazy strong, especially in the 3rd week. On the other hand though, best numbers ever before the TdF 2017 and all, he did still lose a dozen of seconds on PDBF, and even in that Vuelta, he did lose seconds to Froome in a couple of summit finishes, iirc. It was fun while it lasted, but sometimes I can't help and wonder of what could have been, if he had his Vuelta form two months earlier...

Reactions: SHAD0W93
A gotta hand it to AC, even in retirement he gets so much fan admiration for his contribution to the sport. What a legacy he leaves. An inspirational and courageous rider and I think a nice guy off the bike too. Obviously huge ability but also he had huge courage and this is what I most respected him for. Kudos.

Reactions: Carols
Interesting details about the LA/AC rivalry at the 09 Tour. I have a lot of respect for AC for standing up to not only LA but also Bruyneel. Happily he had the legs to do so...
I loved this revelation
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-lifts-lid-on-2009-tour-de-france-war-with-lance-armstrong/
Contador also revealed more details about better known incidents, such as how he had to buy wheels from an external source - the Milram team - because the TT wheels in the squad were reserved for Armstrong.

• Wow
Reactions: LaFlorecita
Big respect for AC how he handled Lance in the 2009 Tour. Was the 2009 Tour his most impressive performance all things considering? Big call I know since he had so many highlights. I was not a fanboy of his but personally I had huge respect. A highlight for me was how he handled himself at the 2011 TdF. Crashes and Giro fatigue got him in the end but he went down fighting. Even the stage 20 TT he performed superbly despite the aforementioned disadvantages.

Huge talent but also huge heart. I also like that today he has the courage to speak out. This maybe a reflection of his courage while he raced.

Reactions: Bolder

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts