• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 2018 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
or me, it all depends if he still had his kick. It was gone in his last years, but if he was as good as Bjarn stated, then Vince would’ve blown up trying to follow him.
I kind of agree with this.
Nibali probably had the watts to limit his losses to less than 2 minutes uphill hence winning the Tour. But he's always been a proud motherf*cker so there's a chance he would have blown up following Berto and pay for it in the following days.

I kind of agree with this.
Nibali probably had the watts to limit his losses to less than 2 minutes uphill hence winning the Tour. But he's always been a proud motherf*cker so there's a chance he would have blown up following Berto and pay for it in the following days.
That might happen once but only once.

I think the more likely scenario would be Contador attacks in the Alps, probably does take time/win a stage or 2, but not enough to not need absolute mayhem in the Pyrenees.

Imagine Contador needs to drop Nibali on the Tourmalet or something followed by having to do things on a descent that nobodies mother wants to witness.

Last edited:
EiB4JnMXkAAjbdk

Discuss

Reactions: Red Rick
I thought he was a generally awful teammate and opponent, but there were few people more entertaining to watch than him. I thought his 2007 battle with Chicken Rasmussen was some of the best cycling ever and his 2011 Giro win was one of the most impressive wins ever.

Ted Striker

BANNED
Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
I thought he was a generally awful teammate and opponent, but there were few people more entertaining to watch than him. I thought his 2007 battle with Chicken Rasmussen was some of the best cycling ever and his 2011 Giro win was one of the most impressive wins ever.
Easy now, you can’t go about saying unfounded rumours about saint Bertie on this forum

• Haha
Reactions: Scarponi

TRENDING THREADS