• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
c5SvQ.jpg

This is my favorite picture of Berty. Hey Berty! You'd better moooooooove over, they've given that jersey to someone that isn't banned for taking drugs!

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Forunculo said:
If they can't challenge the UCI points ban and Bjarne don't find the sponsor to enlarge his budget there is a reason for "but we are looking around".

So basically what u are saying is that maybe its really Riis who is hesitant about signing Contador and not the other way around? Interesting

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Cimber said:
So basically what u are saying is that maybe its really Riis who is hesitant about signing Contador and not the other way around? Interesting

Yes, because what's the point to sign Contador and be a pro-continental team if you can't hire good riders (with points). Bjarne needs at least to be successful on one and better the two.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Forunculo said:
Yes, because what's the point to sign Contador and be a pro-continental team if you can't hire good riders (with points). Bjarne needs at least to be successful on one and better the two.

I was kinda thinking that with Anfi as co-sponsor (and if Saxo prolongs) the budget would be big enough so secure riders with enough points. But with the increasing amoung of teams with huge budgets, lastly Greenedge, he probably need a lot more money. Top rider salaries have sky-rocketed (pun intended) the last few years.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Forunculo said:

Umm, because with Contador on the team you're a guaranteed invite to the Grand Tours he is going to ride, plus whatever WT events. Not only it's a guaranteed invite, it's also a likely victory or at least a podium, so that's the point

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
Umm, because with Contador on the team you're a guaranteed invite to the Grand Tours he is going to ride, plus whatever WT events. Not only it's a guaranteed invite, it's also a likely victory or at least a podium, so that's the point

I wouldnt be so sure that he you would be guaranteed a Tour invite tbh.

Red Rick said:
I have to agree with sniper for this one, don't get me wrong:p

But which classification?
Entertainment-social
This dimension comprises attitudes that fans are attracted to a favorite celebrity because of their perceived ability to entertain and become a social focus such as “I love to talk with others who admire my favorite celebrity” and “I like watching and hearing about my favorite celebrity when I am with a large group of people”.

Intense-personal
Intense-personal aspect of celebrity worship reflects intensive and compulsive feelings about the celebrity, akin to the obsessional tendencies of fans often referred to in the literature; for example “I share with my favorite celebrity a special bond that cannot be described in words” and “When something bad happens to my favorite celebrity I feel like it happened to me’”.

Borderline-pathological
This dimension is typified by uncontrollable behaviors and fantasies regarding scenarios involving their celebrities, such as “I have frequent thoughts about my favorite celebrity, even when I don’t want to” and “My favorite celebrity would immediately come to my rescue if I needed any type of help”.

I would go with the second option.

TRENDING THREADS