• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Cimber said:
I wouldnt be so sure that he you would be guaranteed a Tour invite tbh.

LaFlorecita said:
Yes. It surprises me that so many people are so sure they'd get an invite to the Tour. To the Vuelta and Giro, yes (but only if Alberto rides it), to the Tour, not so sure.

You guys might be right. But Saxo is going to need A LOT of extra points at the end of the season regardless, so do you take chance that you'll be able to sign a lot of riders with points (to whom you cannot guarantee that you are going to be WT), or go with a good (not 100%, but good) chance of riding most of top races you care about with Alberto?

Cimber said:
Riis doesnt sound 100% confident imho, using a phrase like "but we are looking around", and "there have been reasons for that".

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/riis-hopeful-of-signing-contador

Sounds to me like they both want to continue their partnership but that Alberto can't sign a contract yet..?

Asked why Alberto Contador has not categorically stated he would sign for Riis, the Dane added: "There have been reasons for that. As far as I understand there are also the UCI rules that we have to follow on what we can do. Hopefully we'll have something soon but I'm looking around."

Fetisoff said:
You guys might be right. But Saxo is going to need A LOT of extra points at the end of the season regardless, so do you take chance that you'll be able to sign a lot of riders with points (to whom you cannot guarantee that you are going to be WT), or go with a good (not 100%, but good) chance of riding most of top races you care about with Alberto?

But for Alberto I think it's important that a Tour invite is guaranteed.

LaFlorecita said:
But which classification?

Considering:
LaFlorecita said:
Especially 3.20 makes me want to hug him really bad.

I'd say:
Borderline-pathological
This dimension is typified by uncontrollable behaviors and fantasies regarding scenarios involving their celebrities, such as “I have frequent thoughts about my favorite celebrity, even when I don’t want to” and “My favorite celebrity would immediately come to my rescue if I needed any type of help”.

:D

From the "Who will win 2012 Tour" thread (Let's completely ignore that last sentence):

airstream said:
Seems like the Giro made sure us that steepness gives nothing by itself. Yes, Toussuire has only 6% at average, but again, a superclimber doesn't need steep pieces to attack. Contador attacked at 4% Etna section using a 53 gear and riding as though that was a flat. Andy will demonstrate something simlilar probably even in a more entertaining style.

A Q: Alberto didn't attack on a 4% incline right? Because that would totally go against the type of climber he is. (He has said several times he prefers to attack on 8-10% parts.)

Nice little clip.

But I especially like the comments... Some quotes..

I just love Alberto's charisma

Alberto Contador is always very nice, friendly and tries his best even in this english interview that is obviously not easy for him.

He has been treated very unfairly during the Tour de France 2011 but he never became angry or rude.

Alberto Contador is an unbelieveble sportsman

in this years giro d italia he droves for his ex-teammate Tiralongo and gives him the victory and rujano too

Alberto u are the champion and u are one of the best cyclists ever

Alberto is a class act and always will be.

Contador is actually very nice and polite, unlike what many people make him out to be.

I mean, just look at how he ended the interview with his warm and genuine smile. Would the Schlecks do that?

Contador is a Legend

This one's awkward though:
Spaniards and the Portuguese are Moorish-Gypsy mixed! You are not Europeans!

True winner of the 2010 Tour

contador.jpg

2012-02-06T143538Z_01_MAD103_RTRMDNP_3_CYCLING-CONTADOR.jpg

TRENDING THREADS