• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Parrulo said:
do you think it's fair to, for example airstream, that you are allowed to have your own alberto love thread and he doesn't has his own schleck love thread? and if both of you are allowed to have such threads what's stopping ACF to his own cadel thread, DT his own DT thread and so on?

i would advise you to stay calm until susan arrives and makes her decision on this, i won't allow a silly issy fit over something as trivial as this.

Susan please you're my only hope. Remember that you said I could have a I Love Alberto thread. Now all haters can post here. ;o;

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm sure we have enough manpower to basically make this the Contador Appreciation thread, and Andy one's basically going to be the depreciation anyway. So might be alright.

But "yeah" for controversy! anyway

Parrulo said:
was the gino bartali thread who has now been buried deep down on the forum been constantly filled with off topic posts?

Also saving people during the WW2 is something really heroic to the true meaning of the word, so your comparison was is a bit exaggerated.

It was not a comparison. In fact on the contrary. I used the most extreme example i could think of, to determine whether there were limits or whether all rider threads would be renamed "discussion" threads.

Not everytime someone mentions 2 similar things in 1 sentence or post they are making a comparison you know. :rolleyes:

I say this because earlier today when i made a observation in another thread i was also accused of making a comparison which clearly was not being made.

They could also be contradicting them, or using them seperately, or, well there are a number of different options, doesn't just have to be a "comparison".

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
Well, I'm sure we have enough manpower to basically make this the Contador Appreciation thread, and Andy one's basically going to be the depreciation anyway. So might be alright.

But "yeah" for controversy! anyway

Until it gets locked:rolleyes:

Anyway i think you, Hitch and Zam are going to be too busy atm;)

Sorry, I'm afraid Alberto is going to have one thread like everyone else. Besides, you didn't really think you would not meet with jeering and opposition in the thread, did you?

And all: this is the Contador thread, not the place for a general discussion. Please stay on topic. All off-topic postings from here on will be deleted.

Susan

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Susan please you're my only hope. Remember that you said I could have a I Love Alberto thread. Now all haters can post here. ;o;

This is now a thread to discuss all things Alberto (except for things clinic related), you really have no need for a 100% 'love Alberto' thread as you already having this running constantly in your own head.

Machu Picchu said:
This is now a thread to discuss all things Alberto (except for things clinic related), you really have no need for a 100% 'love Alberto' thread as you already having this running constantly in your own head.

Yes I do need it because 1) All the hatred towards Alberto makes me cry 2) I don't want to get banned becausing all my posts are silly or nonsense or bull**** or whatever else.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Forunculo said:
Yes I suppoee an avater bet.

On topic: a twitter rumour is Banco Santender will sponsor Riis in 2013. Perhaps Contador is working on it

Nope, he's had a change of heart, so he's an Andy fan right now.

Does that mean Saxo is out though? Just seems strange to see a team "SaxoBank - Bank Santender" or something like that

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
you just have to remove a "bank"

Saxo-Santender? Still doesn't sound right.
Alberto Contador of team Saxo-Santender completes the GT triple crown by winning the 2013 Vuelta. Meh, sounds OK I guess :D

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Fetisoff said:
Saxo-Santender? Still doesn't sound right.
Alberto Contador of team Saxo-Santender completes the GT triple crown by winning the 2013 Vuelta. Meh, sounds OK I guess :D

Maybe that is because it is actually "Alberto Contador of team Saxo-Santander"

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Yes I do need it because 1) All the hatred towards Alberto makes me cry 2) I don't want to get banned becausing all my posts are silly or nonsense or bull**** or whatever else.

1) hatred towards Alberto? he's one of the most popular riders here and there is very little negativity in the comments about him here. 2) if you get banned it'll be due to your irrational behavior.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
It's simple. Don't post here if you don't like him. Why would you ? :rolleyes: ( to all people who dislike contador and post here to annoy likes of la florecita )

TRENDING THREADS