• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 50 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Publicus said:
I don't think he can resist. It's an icon climb and has been featured in a race he's never done (nor likely to do), so you know he has to be thinking about it.

Add that he also need to test his legs. He has this and San Sebastian before it is down to business on the first mountain stage in La Vuelta. So i am counting on it.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Publicus said:
I don't think he can resist. It's an icon climb and has been featured in a race he's never done (nor likely to do), so you know he has to be thinking about it.

Think it will depend much of the weather, if it rains I don´t think he should take the risk on the cobbles, no matter how easy they look.

Fidolix said:
Think it will depend much of the weather, if it rains I don´t think he should take the risk on the cobbles, no matter how easy they look.

True, very true. Safety first.

Also note that he's doing San Sebastian as well. So this will be a great 12 days leading up to the Vuelta (well at least for us Contador fans :))

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Publicus said:
True, very true. Safety first.

Also note that he's doing San Sebastian as well. So this will be a great 12 days leading up to the Vuelta (well at least for us Contador fans :))

Is it confirmed he rides Sebastian?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
virandociclista said:
I can not believe.. only 4 days for the return of the king Alberto!!!

I have to say I can't wait either.

The Vuelta should be outstanding. Froome is in good condition and I think would love a GT win after supporting Wiggins and of course, AC has something to prove too. Might be the best GT of the year.

The field of the vuelta did not look so bad.. it will not be only Contador x Froome...

Gadret, Kreuziger, Moncoutie, Anton, Dekker, Purito, Menchov, Cunego, van den broeck, cobo, gesink, mollema, machado, henao, uran, de gent, hoogerland, gilbert... a lot of great rides!

It will be the best GC of this year!

By the way... Roche, Tiralong and Kreuziger will already start to work for Alberto?! :D

virandociclista said:
The field of the vuelta did not look so bad.. it will not be only Contador x Froome...

Gadret, Kreuziger, Moncoutie, Anton, Dekker, Purito, Menchov, Cunego, van den broeck, cobo, gesink, mollema, machado, henao, uran, de gent, Kash ,hoogerland, gilbert... a lot of great rides!

It will be the best GC of this year!

By the way... Roche, Tiralong and Kreuziger will already start to work for Alberto?! :D

Is Tira rumored to Saxo? Know they are friends but still :)

Vino attacks everyone said:
Is Tira rumored to Saxo? Know they are friends but still :)

you know... they did not need to be in the same color to cooperate!

l5229923.jpg

TRENDING THREADS