• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Alexandre Vinokourov

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well well well, after all the crap spewed by you, when it is all said and done you are NOT racing for Astana right now. Your arrogance and over inflated ego has cost you again. Typical to a large number of pro tour riders, your ridiculous attitude has once again caused ridicule. Do us all a favor "Vino" stay gone. You are a cheater there is no room in pro sports for your kind of ilk. :mad:

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
vino is a hero.
you are a moron.

fyi:

Vinokourov immediately back to Astana
Tuesday 04 August 2009

Alexandre Vinokourov VinokourovAlexandre will from today for Astana to ride. He will be like Lance Armstrong, without salary from the team received. It has disclosed to Wagtmans Rini Cycling Magazine. Vino recently been known to return to Astana times and indicated that when team manager Johan Bruyneel would not work, but even that road was. Bruyneel is now team with Armstrong the new Radio Shack begins, it seems the way to the Kazakh free. Vinokourov today started in the French profcriterium of Castillon la Bata

A

Anonymous

bikewrench777 said:
Well well well, after all the crap spewed by you, when it is all said and done you are NOT racing for Astana right now. Your arrogance and over inflated ego has cost you again. Typical to a large number of pro tour riders, your ridiculous attitude has once again caused ridicule. Do us all a favor "Vino" stay gone. You are a cheater there is no room in pro sports for your kind of ilk. :mad:

Here, I translated so he can read it:
"Хорошо хорошо хорошо, после всего дерьма, изрыгавшего Вами, когда это все сказано и сделано, Вы не мчитесь для Astana прямо сейчас. Ваше высокомерие и по надут эго стоило Вам снова. Типичный к большому количеству про наездников тура, ваше смешное отношение еще раз вызвало насмешку. Сделайте нас всех, польза "Винишки" остается уведенной. Вы - мошенник нет никакой комнаты на про спортивных состязаниях для вашего вида рода."

ak-zaaf said:
Tuesday 04 August 2009

Alexandre Vinokourov VinokourovAlexandre will from today for Astana to ride. He will be like Lance Armstrong, without salary from the team received. It has disclosed to Wagtmans Rini Cycling Magazine. Vino recently been known to return to Astana times and indicated that when team manager Johan Bruyneel would not work, but even that road was. Bruyneel is now team with Armstrong the new Radio Shack begins, it seems the way to the Kazakh free. Vinokourov today started in the French profcriterium of Castillon la Bata

Sweet. When does Kessler start racing again?

Maybe we can get more than two teams (Saxo and Livewrong) that have some serious firepower.

A

Anonymous

And when the star of the team, Contador, leaves town along with all the other notable stars, how well do you think you'll do Vino? Better start looking for a part-time job elsewhere. Wal Mart is always looking for greeters... :p

tretow95 said:
na na na it will be good to have vino back it will make cycling more exciting!

I'm looking forward to his return, too, and I hope he goes well enough (and w/ a clean blood profile - and no bloody knees) to entertain us and not embarrass himself.

vinokourAFP1207_468x483.jpg

This is a photo that I would REALLY like to see be reprised in the modern-day:

zuri03vinokourov-ullrich2.jpg

:D

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
ВИНО НАВСЕГДА!!

Then came the King! Vino has come for vengeance. Reward for all, and the angels and demons. Your eyes covered with blood and our tears.

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
I simply dont get it. He can ride, and go for Astana, but MR cant join even a small italian team? I know its not the wrong thread, but still. Fairness for all! Even topdopers

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Puerto said:
I simply dont get it. He can ride, and go for Astana, but MR cant join even a small italian team? I know its not the wrong thread, but still. Fairness for all! Even topdopers

Maybe in this case its just money talks.... Its a lot harder to say no to a pro tour sponsor than it is to a pro-conti team?

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
I think we need that bloke from the Da Vinci Code on here - what's his name...

Tom Hanks :)

It sounds like a strange mix of Borat and Dan Brown. So my guess is its Vino himself posting.

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Puerto said:
Vino has a whole country behind him, as he's still a hero in Kazakstan. Rasmussen on the other side has not a substantial backer that will say go on I'm here to pay the bills.
Anyway, and that's Contador's dilemma, the fact that Vino will be there can jeopardize his participation on next year's TdF, except if they'll say that Vino will not be part of the Tour's team. Not so probable, I think.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
vino is a hero.
you are a moron.

fyi:

Tuesday 04 August 2009

good for you, a guy who is a drug cheat & who can't admit it is your hero:rolleyes:. I liked the guy as well but i can't respect him now for what he has done.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
vino is a hero.
you are a moron.

Now that sounds like Vino!

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Mr. Excitement

There can be no doubt that Vino was really exciting to watch race: He added another dimension to every race I ever saw him do. Of course, from a team's point of view, he was a flippin' disaster, a loose cannon rolling around on deck waiting to maim anyone who got in the way. But every team had to know that going into the season, before they hired him, so they really did get what they paid for.

Of course, the other issue is his blatant and soo obvious doping. However, while I absolutely agree that cheating in any way is very bad for the sport, Vino did nothing that most (if not all) of the major "stars" of the sport accepted and participated in; except, of course, Vino got caught: He was too sloppy and too greedy and too careless. The ones that didn't get caught didn't get caught: They were good at it.

Now though Vino has a different sport to come back to, if he actually does make a legit comeback: Blood doping is nearly over. I think it is obvious that the riders are clean if for no other reason than that the cheaters stand out so boldly. Everyone knew Ricco was cheating and Selle was cheating. It looked like DiLuca was cheating. Those guys were able to attack and attack and attack day after day after day. Clean riders can't do that, but we're so used to doped riders that clean races seem "boring." So can Vino race clean? His style is his style, so I think he will try to ride the same way; but can a clean rider do what he was so good at. That Tour where he was all beat up, bloody and bandaged yet coming coming coming, racing against impossible odds was incredibly entertaining. What a show Vino put on! But he was doped to the max and therefore NOT ACCEPTABLE! If he has completed the terms of his suspension, and if he can produce a biological passport, then bring him on.

TRENDING THREADS