• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Amnesty for Australian cyclists??

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Found this:

Cycling Australia has referred allegations against White to the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority. The claims stem from 2001-2003, when he rode on Armstrong's US Postal Services team. White never failed a dope control as a cyclist. But in his letter to Johnson, Landis alleges that in 2003 he shared the drug EPO with White and Canadian rider Michael Barry when training for the Vuelta a Espana. "I spent a good deal of time training with Matthew White and Michael Barry and shared the testosterone and EPO that we had and discussed the use thereof while training,'' Landis wrote.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling...s-mud-sticks-20100527-whsj.html#ixzz2954YnoiR

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Can't find anything on the net referring to Matt White and Asada outcome - What it did show me was the utterly namby pamby job cycling journalists have been doing in Australia regarding doping and Australian cyclists. Why weren't they following it up?

I keep going back to the Anderson report (which I linked to in the Matt White thread earlier) where Anderson talks about Frenchs evidence -and he keeps returning to this bit- where French describes a group of young AIS cyclists sitting in his room (in the early 2000's) injecting themselves (allegedly) with vitamins, amino acids, growth hormone, steroids etc both in Adelaide and also in Germany.

Anderson cannot get past this picture of young promising athletes doing this and thus finds French's evidence incredible and adds it to his reasoning dismissing French's evidence.

French describes it again and again even describing how they moved around the room to get the best light to see their veins as the direct light made it too difficult.

Its worth a read - After reading Tylers book I went straight back to the Anderson report - what seemed incredible then was probably pretty much on the mark. We will never know.

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
May 29, 2012
Visit site
sairyder said:
Amnesty one day Jail the next , this guy sounds like he is getting angry now!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling...s-cycling-australia-chief-20121012-27iay.html

sorry wrong link there try this

Odd, but do you think from this:

''It's one thing, and I'm not condoning it for a moment, of an individual doping, but I think it takes it to a completely different level when you have got a team owner and manager inveigling, if not coercing, the young cyclists who come into that team … to take doping product. I think that is immensely reprehensible,'' Mueller said yesterday.

...he means the management, doctors, etc but the journalist/editor have framed it differently?

And the last sentence of the article.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
sairyder said:
Amnesty one day Jail the next , this guy sounds like he is getting angry now!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cycling...s-cycling-australia-chief-20121012-27iay.html

sorry wrong link there try this

The results of the poll are telling at the moment. Almost 4000 votes currently and 80% no respect for Armstrong.

Even given that the poll is likely skewed by a high percentage of cycling fans, it's still telling for a Country that outside the US has had just about the highest level of infatuation for LA in the past.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Amnesty? I think he means, "Sweep it under the carpet and carry on as you were."

Since when have ASADA, CA or AIS ever given a damn about doping?

I'm pretty sure AIS has given a serious damn about doping for a long time...

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
White seems likely to get into trouble but What's the view on Rogers who is named in the witness statements?

Best guess would be White loses his roles with Cycling Australia (possibly to be replaced by Allan Pieper) but will keep his roles with OGE as CA has to answer to government sporting bodies, which have government funding.

If Rogers sticks to his 'just training plans' story and there isn't any further corroborating evidence (in the form of witness to doping not just training, or transfers of large amounts of dollars to Ferrari, beyond that would be expected for just coaching) then there is probably nothing that can happen to him. He will no doubt have to answer to Sky and their no druggies policy, and face some uncomfortable questions from Australian authorities, however Floyd's evidence of seeing him training with a dodgy doctor (who wasn't off limits for Australian cyclists at the time) isn't enough to pop him for anything. Maybe something comes out of the Italian legal case showing what dollars transferred to Ferrari, as to date only the cash transfers specific to the USPS have been made public. There would no doubt be more details found during the same investigation/source.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
about effecting or facilitating. About winning Olympic medals. Be clear because it could be ambibuous.

Mueller is a chump.
DOPING cheats should be thrown in prison, says Australia's cycling chief Klaus Mueller

Well, I'd hate to be "ambibuous".

Aussies have doped for a long time, even before Vinnicombe.

I'm sure you can understand the demographic math, and what's going on...

Oz likes to win, and that's totally fair and all good. But take a look...

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
Not in my day. We'd inject in front of admin and coaches daily.

It was a free for all on government money.

I could tell you some stories about Whitey & SOG in Adelaide.

That was my point, and you took it well.

The AIS really did give a sh*t about doping! Just not really how we're talking about it now...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:

ambiguous count?

btw, look how close "b" and "g" are on a qwerty keyboard

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:

agree with what you wrote.

But Mueller and cohorts, Turtur et al, have facilitated it, and know what is going on and went on. And talk about criminalising doping? Please... dont make criminals of athletes. There are already criminal statutes that egregrious wrongdoing will proscribe.

Turtur lol 1980 gold in LA. 'nuff said

blackcat said:
agree with what you wrote.

But Mueller and cohorts, Turtur et al, have facilitated it, and know what is going on and went on. And talk about criminalising doping? Please... dont make criminals of athletes. There are already criminal statutes that egregrious wrongdoing will proscribe.

Turtur lol 1980 gold in LA. 'nuff said

'84.........

Blood doped.

TRENDING THREADS