• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andre Cardoso positive for EPO

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Anderis said:
If riders like Cardoso actually dope, that makes you think if it's even possible that most of the much better riders than him don't.

You can be doped in a race and you c an be at a lower level than your best clean performance.
One thing is doping and one thing is ultradoping like in the past.
And even in the past as Hamilton writted in his book there ere some people wining clean, but as he said, not a gran Tour.
I think Evans was clean in 2007 and he was the best rider of the season... but he couldnt won a gran Tour
But his main results came later, with less doping around, he won Tour de France and world championship.

Belda nedeed all the farmacy to be at the level of Quintana and Landa in Madrid. Wih just the subtances he was positive, he would have been at 20 minutes of the cean level of Quintana and Landa. Landa with EPO as it worked in the past wouldl win this Tour by 16 minutes. He is today very strong and he has even his possibilities, but difficut, but with epo and the rest no, it would be better than Pantani. And today he is several minutes under Pantani

Re:

Taxus4a said:
He should be banned for cycing for life and give away all the money he earned in cycling the last 2 years.
Of course today the few cheaters (I mean world Tour, not the rest) play with an samall dosis, but in a clean cycling that small dosis could be important.
Portugal is not Sud America, but it is close, lot to change in cycling.
Nice to see today controls works. not a big surprised to be Cardoso, and I hope to see a 100 % clean Tour.

Oh I'm sure it was just a bad apple in a perfectly healthy tree, in a totally-not-rotten orchard.

They busted Cardoso before the Tour, it shows UCI's commitment to a clean Tour.

Cleanest Tour ever.

100 percents.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
LaFlorecita said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Valv.Piti said:
Not a difference maker. Felline and Mollema potentially are. Will you do me a favour and stop acting like Mollema is illoyal before its actually proven he is? He may just ride his heart out. Its tiring so hear that over and over again.

Cardoso is an excellent domestique. He would have been around the 20th strongest climber in the race, as he always is, he would put in the same level of performance every day, and as a career domestique with zero personal ambitions he's supremely loyal. Because he never, ever, rides for his own chances he is often underrated. He's not a "difference maker" in the sense that he's suddenly going to smash the race up and reduce the leader's group to six riders or something, but he's very, very useful.

Agreed on the Mollema part, by the way.
Exactly. Cardoso is a perfect domestique. But of course, it's no surprise to see Valv.Piti spin this to make it seem this won't harm Contador's chances at all. :rolleyes:
As I said, he will be hanging on for dear life until he gets dropped and will therefore be very similar Zubeldia. Maybe a slight downgrade, but nothing more really. Pantano can smash it up a climb, Felline can as well on his good days (really hard accelerations early, like in Andalucia) and Mollema whose ceiling is much higher, therefore potentially much more useful.

By the way, Im not trying to spin anything. I have just not seen anything that would suggest to me Cardoso actually would be of great use compared to a Zubeldia. I could also make roll-eyes at you and say its typical LF to try to spin everyone not 110% loyal to Contador should be left out the team (thats what you basically have been saying about Mollema, I guess you are still have bad memories about Kreuziger and Majka?).

Maybe one should look at the results (because I have about zero recollection of him doing anything notable whether riding for himself or a team leader)

http://cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rider_palm.asp?riderid=4298&year=0&all=1&current=0

I think it's 16 top-20 stage stage results in 7 GTs.

seems like a better version of De Greef.

Re:

sniper said:
I find it interesting that everybody uncritically assumes he tested positive for EPO.
Just because uncle Brian and the UCI say so?
Seems we didnt learn much from Floyd's case.
Might as well believe Cookson and UCI, too, then, when they say the sport is largely clean, motors are not a problem, etc.

Sad fact of the matter is, in current 'antidoping' climate, we don't really know what he tested positive for.

He most likely did test positive for EPO but it's a good bet multiple riders test positive but Cardoso is the pre tour lamb to the slaughter

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

StryderHells said:
sniper said:
I find it interesting that everybody uncritically assumes he tested positive for EPO.
Just because uncle Brian and the UCI say so?
Seems we didnt learn much from Floyd's case.
Might as well believe Cookson and UCI, too, then, when they say the sport is largely clean, motors are not a problem, etc.

Sad fact of the matter is, in current 'antidoping' climate, we don't really know what he tested positive for.

He most likely did test positive for EPO but it's a good bet multiple riders test positive but Cardoso is the pre tour lamb to the slaughter
agree this is likely.

the other scenario i was thinking of is UCI bust him with a motor, and then cut a deal with him and the team to pretend it's about EPO. Good PR for Cookson. Cardoso gets two instead of six years. Motor omerta continues. Win-win.

But whatever the scenario, it's PR-driven and, as some have suggested, quite possibly an attempt to influence the outcome of the TdF.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

portugal11 said:
Taxus4a said:
He should be banned for cycing for life and give away all the money he earned in cycling the last 2 years.
Of course today the few cheaters (I mean world Tour, not the rest) play with an samall dosis, but in a clean cycling that small dosis could be important.
Nice to see today controls works. not a big surprised to be Cardoso, and I hope to see a 100 % clean Tour.

Do you really beleive the anti doping system works? :confused: :confused:

No, this guy is pulling our legs.

Re:

Taxus4a said:

Your star shines even brighter in this thread! And I though the heights that you reached in road cycling thread are inaccessible! Chapeau! :lol:

Benotti69 said:
portugal11 said:
Taxus4a said:

I think Taxus actually believes what he is saying.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Escarabajo said:
Benotti69 said:
portugal11 said:
Taxus4a said:

I think Taxus actually believes what he is saying.

When he posts in near perfect English or when he puts it through Google translate :lol:

Re:

ebandit said:
...how many of the riders riding the tour commented along the lines of.............

'glad cardoso has been kicked out............now we can get on with a clean race...'

Mark L
Even if I was clean I would not say anything. I don't want problems, confrontations or to put burden on my coaches and teammates. Once a rider enters the cycling fraternity they should know what they are up to.

LaFlorecita said:
ebandit said:
...how many of the riders riding the tour commented along the lines of.............

'glad cardoso has been kicked out............now we can get on with a clean race...'

Mark L
Hopefully none. I don't like hypocrites.
It had to be Cardoso's teammate De Kort.. Key quote:

"I really believe that 99 per cent of the bunch is clean now. I know Tom Dumoulin really well and if he can win the Giro then cycling has cleaned up. Obviously there are still some guys hanging around that don’t know, can't change or whatever. Hopefully they'll get worked out of the sport, but if [Cardoso]'s really taken EPO then I hope I'll never see him again."

:eek:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/de-kort-taking-epo-is-ridiculous-its-just-so-stupid/

18-Valve. (pithy) said:
LaFlorecita said:
ebandit said:

Mark L

"I really believe that 99 per cent of the bunch is clean now. I know Tom Dumoulin really well and if he can win the Giro then cycling has cleaned up. Obviously there are still some guys hanging around that don’t know, can't change or whatever. Hopefully they'll get worked out of the sport, but if [Cardoso]'s really taken EPO then I hope I'll never see him again."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/de-kort-taking-epo-is-ridiculous-its-just-so-stupid/
:eek: !
So what is his opinion on Berto then I wonder

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Well, commenting on a matter doesn't really make you a hypocrite if you in fact are clean yourself.
Maybe, although it's rather unlikely. However, this:
ebandit said:
Would be hypocritical no matter if you're clean or not.
Anyone with a brain knows we won't have a clean race even if they catch 10 Cardoso's before the start.

LaFlorecita said:
18-Valve. (pithy) said:
LaFlorecita said:
ebandit said:

Mark L

:eek: !
So what is his opinion on Berto then I wonder

V5fIhiB.jpg

Contador good doper, Cardoso bad doper.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Strange Loop said:
Benotti69 said:
De Kort wins a$$hole of the year award.

He's just following the playbook: Shame the ones who get caught, but don't speak negatively of those still active.

Yep plenty of @ssh0les in the sport ready to ready from the playbook. Kittel has it memorised :D

TRENDING THREADS