Andreas Kloden's Final Bid For Another Coveted Top 10 Tour Finish, 'Official' Thread

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So what's Klödi been up to ? Do we know if he stayed friends with Ulle after 2006 ?
I remember in that leaked home video of Ullrich a couple of years ago (the one where he talked about wanting to be world champion of smoking and doing 1000 sit-ups a day) he also said that he calls everybody (like his house staff) his "Klödis" since they're his helpers. If I were Klöden I'd be pretty annoyed by that.

These days Klöden seems to be a brand ambassador for Storck bikes and founded a rider management agency together with Danilo Hondo.

Last edited:
So what's Klödi been up to ? Do we know if he stayed friends with Ulle after 2006 ?
I know when Klöden was still racing towards the end of his career that he and Ullrich would ride and camp together. There former director thought of them always hanging out and drinking when Klöden retired. I think when Ullrich's drama started it said they were still friends. Plus I think they both live in Switzerland still.

I know when Klöden was still racing towards the end of his career that he and Ullrich would ride and camp together. There former director thought of them always hanging out and drinking when Klöden retired. I think when Ullrich's drama started it said they were still friends. Plus I think they both live in Switzerland still.
Klöden still lives in Switzerland as far as official sources hold up, Ullrich is living somewhere in the black forest area and supposedly riding a bike now and then again.

I remember seeing somewhere on social media a few years ago that Jan was hosting his own bike tours, which seemed to be going well. But that was before he hit his mid-life crisis (or maybe his second one). So I'm really not sure. Andreas has always preferred to stay out of the limelight, even during his career.

ASK THE COMMUNITY