Andrew McQuaid accusses LeMond

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
Unless I am missing something, Andrew is tweeting from a jurisdiction that has significantly harsher defamation laws that would allow a suit over unfounded rumors even if you made them against a public figure.
 
Oct 12, 2012
99
0
0
Andrew has a point... by clinic standerds LeMond is just as suspicious as the rest of them...

Tour 1989
1 Greg LeMond (USA) ADR-Agrigel-Bottechia 87h 38' 35"
2 Laurent Fignon (FRA) Super U +0' 08" doping
3 Pedro Delgado (ESP) Reynolds-Banesto +3' 34" doping
4 Gert-Jan Theunisse (NED) PDM +7' 30" doping

5 Marino Lejarreta (ESP) Paternina-Marco-Equizabal +9' 39"
6 Charly Mottet (FRA) RMO-Mavic-Liberia +10' 06" doping
7 Steven Rooks (NED) PDM +11' 10" Doping

8 Raúl Alcalá (MEX) PDM +14' 21"
9 Sean Kelly (IRE) PDM +18' 25" Doping
10 Robert Millar (GBR) Z +18' 46" Doping


so he would be 9,39 faster than lejarreta and 18,25 min faster than alcala, the only 2 others in the top 10 not linked to dopeing...
 
Jun 20, 2009
81
0
0
RichWalk said:
Well this father & son combo of cretins are doing their level best to attract as much bad PR on themselves as possible. Are they jealous of all the attention Lance is getting.............:D
Lets be clear about something . Lemond is a fraud and a liar. I dont think greg wants to punch Mcquaid in the face but he does want the job...Its clear in gregs mind there is no one but him that can save cycling. Greg the great clean crusader.
problem is we do have to question motives here and FACTS...Heres a guy who as a neo pro with no grand tour experience who was third in his first tour. A Neo pro THIRD? never happened before or since except with raimundas...who was found to be positive. Merckx was 45th in his first. Indurain 58th armstrong 55th Hinault 40th...but squeaky clean Greg riding for Old school Guimard places third but hes clean? tahts a Good one !!!...Guimard had a "program" guided himault fingnon and lemond...I suppose the ever so clean greg never noticed anything or did anything while there. Funny he has never spoken of Guimard, Fignons Positives or Hinaults steroid road rage. ..mmm hmmm. From my years racing I was always able to tell the dopers. The ones whose performances stood out above and beyond the average top pros . Gregs first year performance with no experience whatsoever in the tour landing third is not exemplary its obviously unbeleivable but he did have a good doctor and old school guimard whoi always got results just like bruyneel.... Lotsa boy scouts on here who want to believe otherwise but greg has always been an unethical individual. Remember when he chased down Jaques Boyer in the worlds becuase he didnt want him to win? He said it was because "He thought Boyer had said some things about him in french during an interview but he didnt know what they were." When i read that I realized he was fundamentally paranoid and still is. When we look at the long list of dopers that have been caught by uci and wada for lemond to say they are not doing their job is a joke. they also instituted the biological passport which creates baseline parameters to judge riders performances. Lemond is whining about the UCI what about his buddy travis at USADA? If we want to talk about incompetence lets put that horse in the right stable...where in the hell was Tygart the hundreds of times that LA competed in the usa?
Not to mention levi hincpaie and the dozens of others of whom NONE usada caught.. Why werent they doing their job? I am truly upset that they let a cheat like armstrong and all the others get away with that and they did let him. LA wasnt in control of doping tests in the usa , USADA was so why arent they being held accountable? They totally screwed up. What we have seen is a tacit admission that they couldnt catch him because they werent smart enough...translation...incompetent...
Meanwhile where is greg? Where are his complaints about their incompetence? He doesnt want THAT job ;-)
What about WADA? they are the ones that actually administer the tests . They took hair samples from armstrong...It is impossible to cheat on hair samples...if there was epo in his hair samples why didnt they report it?
why sint greg whining about wada? he doesnt want that job... The uci is a governing body not a testing body. Lemond knows this so why is he crowing so loudly? He wants the job but methinks he protesteth too much. His other teamate Fignon was a known doper. Lemond set a record speed for a time trial beating fignon who admitted he was doping after! Yet Greg somehow miracoulously won by nealry towe seconds a kilometer!!!unbleivable! yep it is...
Hinault was famous for his steroid induced road rage but greg who beat them both was a boy scout? are you idiots??? Raimundas was the ONLY OTHER RIDER who placed third coming from nowhere and the uci was critical of him and he was caught(once again they did the job they have done all along)the world is populated with true believers but sorry guys your idol is made of brass...not gold...There is nothing Lemond can or would do that would make thing s any better. He just wants the limelight again..truth is WADA and USADA are far more incompetent than the uci if they administer hundreds of tests but cant catch a cheat. This isnt hyperbole,..its a simple fact...Lemond is a liar. His performances "out" him clearly...
 
May 3, 2010
2,662
0
0
skimazk said:
Andrew has a point... by clinic standerds LeMond is just as suspicious as the rest of them...

Tour 1989
1 Greg LeMond (USA) ADR-Agrigel-Bottechia 87h 38' 35"
2 Laurent Fignon (FRA) Super U +0' 08" doping
3 Pedro Delgado (ESP) Reynolds-Banesto +3' 34" doping
4 Gert-Jan Theunisse (NED) PDM +7' 30" doping

5 Marino Lejarreta (ESP) Paternina-Marco-Equizabal +9' 39"
6 Charly Mottet (FRA) RMO-Mavic-Liberia +10' 06" doping
7 Steven Rooks (NED) PDM +11' 10" Doping

8 Raúl Alcalá (MEX) PDM +14' 21"
9 Sean Kelly (IRE) PDM +18' 25" Doping
10 Robert Millar (GBR) Z +18' 46" Doping


so he would be 9,39 faster than lejarreta and 18,25 min faster than alcala, the only 2 others in the top 10 not linked to dopeing...
Hi Andrew!
 
skimazk said:
Andrew has a point... by clinic standerds LeMond is just as suspicious as the rest of them...

Tour 1989
1 Greg LeMond (USA) ADR-Agrigel-Bottechia 87h 38' 35"
2 Laurent Fignon (FRA) Super U +0' 08" doping
3 Pedro Delgado (ESP) Reynolds-Banesto +3' 34" doping
4 Gert-Jan Theunisse (NED) PDM +7' 30" doping

5 Marino Lejarreta (ESP) Paternina-Marco-Equizabal +9' 39"
6 Charly Mottet (FRA) RMO-Mavic-Liberia +10' 06" doping
7 Steven Rooks (NED) PDM +11' 10" Doping

8 Raúl Alcalá (MEX) PDM +14' 21"
9 Sean Kelly (IRE) PDM +18' 25" Doping
10 Robert Millar (GBR) Z +18' 46" Doping


so he would be 9,39 faster than lejarreta and 18,25 min faster than alcala, the only 2 others in the top 10 not linked to dopeing...
Link for Mottet?
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
skimazk said:
Andrew has a point... by clinic standerds LeMond is just as suspicious as the rest of them...

Tour 1989
1 Greg LeMond (USA) ADR-Agrigel-Bottechia 87h 38' 35"
2 Laurent Fignon (FRA) Super U +0' 08" doping
3 Pedro Delgado (ESP) Reynolds-Banesto +3' 34" doping
4 Gert-Jan Theunisse (NED) PDM +7' 30" doping

5 Marino Lejarreta (ESP) Paternina-Marco-Equizabal +9' 39"
6 Charly Mottet (FRA) RMO-Mavic-Liberia +10' 06" doping
7 Steven Rooks (NED) PDM +11' 10" Doping

8 Raúl Alcalá (MEX) PDM +14' 21"
9 Sean Kelly (IRE) PDM +18' 25" Doping
10 Robert Millar (GBR) Z +18' 46" Doping


so he would be 9,39 faster than lejarreta and 18,25 min faster than alcala, the only 2 others in the top 10 not linked to dopeing...
Andrew has no proof, and if his a** was in Ireland when he tweeted that, he could very well have just opened himself up to receiving the same treatment his idiotic father likes to use.

I sincerely hope that Lemond sues, and sues quickly. Old Andrew tried too late to take that down. But the intertubes never forgets.

On another note, it appears that the old adage "an apple doesn't fall far from the tree" proves its validity once again.
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
skimazk said:
Andrew has a point... by clinic standerds LeMond is just as suspicious as the rest of them...

Tour 1989
1 Greg LeMond (USA) ADR-Agrigel-Bottechia 87h 38' 35"
2 Laurent Fignon (FRA) Super U +0' 08" doping
3 Pedro Delgado (ESP) Reynolds-Banesto +3' 34" doping
4 Gert-Jan Theunisse (NED) PDM +7' 30" doping

5 Marino Lejarreta (ESP) Paternina-Marco-Equizabal +9' 39"
6 Charly Mottet (FRA) RMO-Mavic-Liberia +10' 06" doping
7 Steven Rooks (NED) PDM +11' 10" Doping

8 Raúl Alcalá (MEX) PDM +14' 21"
9 Sean Kelly (IRE) PDM +18' 25" Doping
10 Robert Millar (GBR) Z +18' 46" Doping


so he would be 9,39 faster than lejarreta and 18,25 min faster than alcala, the only 2 others in the top 10 not linked to dopeing...

Pre EPO era. LeMond was a freak on a bike.

That is why the micro dopers try to dope to LeMonds level and claim they are clean. Not many ever got to LeMonds level naturally, ever.
 
May 3, 2010
2,662
0
0
skimazk said:
lol typical responce :D

and no i'm not andrew, and no i don't care what or who you think i am ;D
Judging by the functional illiteracy you must be Paul. You obviously do care otherwise you wouldn't respond denying being Andrew.

Since you are now applying 'beat convicted dopers' as evidence for doping, can I ask why you didn't apply this test to your boy Lance at any point between 2002 and 2012?
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
Why don't the McQuaid apologists take their new found interest in Gregs Tour of 1989 to one of the other threads to discuss it. (I am sure you have been there before) :rolleyes:

As Greg has never tested positive lets leave this thread open to Andrews potentially libelous remarks.
 
Oct 12, 2012
99
0
0
Mrs John Murphy said:
Since you are now applying 'beat convicted dopers' as evidence for doping, can I ask why you didn't apply this test to your boy Lance at any point between 2002 and 2012?
I've never thought Lance was clean, nor have i stated this anywhere on the boards. I have argued against the way USADA is handling his case with breaches of the WADA code amongst other things. I'm not a fanboy, but i don't agree with the way things are being handled by all the parties involved.

Cycling has never been clean, and it will never be clean. Riders will keep finding ways to evade dopeingchecks and those of us enjoying to watch the races will allways have doubts about the results of the riders and the way they achieve them. Riders will keep denying, and in the end the fans watching will be confirmed in their suspicions by the next puerto/fuentes/freiburg/padua case

the world of cycling is just like politics...
 
Oct 12, 2012
99
0
0
Dr. Maserati said:
As Greg has never tested positive lets leave this thread open to Andrews potentially libelous remarks.
Lol since when is that the standard for clinic cynisism :D guess he has something in common with lance afterall :D
 
skimazk said:
Lol since when is that the standard for clinic cynisism :D guess he has something in common with lance afterall :D
Pretty sure he worded it like that as a joke. Point is, there are threads about any allegations surrounding LeMond. Feel free to post in one of them.
 
Oct 12, 2012
99
0
0
the reason i posted about lemond in the first place is that mr. McQuaids remarks were labelled as possible libel. Looking at the results of Greg LeMond and the competitors around him there might be some ground for the remarks made my Mr McQuaid which directly relates to the possible libel being discussed in this thread .
 
Jul 8, 2009
501
0
0
To all the other new members who joined in Oct 2012... I apologise.

I apologise because there are skidmarxs.. roadfreaks & mountainmen who make me dubious as to their bona fides...

That....

And those 3 are deadset delusional.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
skimazk said:
Lol since when is that the standard for clinic cynisism :D guess he has something in common with lance afterall :D
Its a statement of fact that LeMond has never tested positive - thats the legal side of it, and Andrew should know his legal.

And if you do no something about LeMond and doping I would try and get in quick as I don't think Armstrongs offer of $300,000 to suggest LeMond doped will be around for long.
 

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
13,250
1
0
skimazk said:
the reason i posted about lemond in the first place is that mr. McQuaids remarks were labelled as possible libel. Looking at the results of Greg LeMond and the competitors around him there might be some ground for the remarks made my Mr McQuaid which directly relates to the possible libel being discussed in this thread .
Some ground??
No - thats old ground, its been covered a lot here - if you have something new then add it to the many threads that have attempted to discover Gregs doping.
And don't forget to claim your prize.
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
skimazk said:
the reason i posted about lemond in the first place is that mr. McQuaids remarks were labelled as possible libel. Looking at the results of Greg LeMond and the competitors around him there might be some ground for the remarks made my Mr McQuaid which directly relates to the possible libel being discussed in this thread .
Yea, that's the reason you posted in the thread...:rolleyes:

As for there being proof for Little Pat's comments, I assure you that what you posted will fall far short of the necessary proof. But your posts were never really about that.

The smell of Triathlon is strong with this one...
 
Nov 20, 2010
786
0
0
You can beleive anything you like about Lemond, but it would be good to make a few things clear.
Lemond was an amazing, natural talent. His VO2max is documented at 93. Compare that with LA's 82 (which he fudged up to around 84 over time on his web site). For Lemond to do what he did in his first Tour was extraordinary, but not unprecidented. Recall how Merckx faired in his first TdF. Lemond was also riding on arguably the strongest teams in cycling at the time with a team leader of great class.

Lemond did not test positive in an era where the drugs used were quaint compared to the 1990s epo/hgh+ period. There were tests for virtually anything Lemond might have taken, with the exception of blood boosting. No evidence by anyone ever involved with him has pointed to blood boosting or any form of cheating by him. Perhaps you have some facts to share that support your assertions?

There has been an acusation/threat made by LA that Lemond used epo and that LA would get people to testify to epo use by Lemond. Lemond called that bluff and nothing ever came of the attempted intimidation.

Lemond's performance in the Tours of the early 1990s and the 1993 Giro in particular are indicative of doping riders raising themselves to at least the natural ability level of Lemond with the added advantage that the dopers' hematocrits did not naturally drop off as the Tour/Giro moved through their three weeks.

That said, ona personal note, I rode one race with Lemond participating in 1983 just after his return from his first year as a pro with Renault. His class was amazing as a rider. Whilst I never had the opportunity to ride a race with LA, I saw him race on several occasions prior to the Barcelona Olympics and LA exhibited striking ability, but nowhere near Lemond's level.

Still, thank you for sharing your thoughts.


roadfreak44 said:
Lets be clear about something . Lemond is a fraud and a liar. I dont think greg wants to punch Mcquaid in the face but he does want the job...Its clear in gregs mind there is no one but him that can save cycling. Greg the great clean crusader.
problem is we do have to question motives here and FACTS...Heres a guy who as a neo pro with no grand tour experience who was third in his first tour. A Neo pro THIRD? never happened before or since except with raimundas...who was found to be positive. Merckx was 45th in his first. Indurain 58th armstrong 55th Hinault 40th...but squeaky clean Greg riding for Old school Guimard places third but hes clean? tahts a Good one !!!...Guimard had a "program" guided himault fingnon and lemond...I suppose the ever so clean greg never noticed anything or did anything while there. Funny he has never spoken of Guimard, Fignons Positives or Hinaults steroid road rage. ..mmm hmmm. From my years racing I was always able to tell the dopers. The ones whose performances stood out above and beyond the average top pros . Gregs first year performance with no experience whatsoever in the tour landing third is not exemplary its obviously unbeleivable but he did have a good doctor and old school guimard whoi always got results just like bruyneel.... Lotsa boy scouts on here who want to believe otherwise but greg has always been an unethical individual. Remember when he chased down Jaques Boyer in the worlds becuase he didnt want him to win? He said it was because "He thought Boyer had said some things about him in french during an interview but he didnt know what they were." When i read that I realized he was fundamentally paranoid and still is. When we look at the long list of dopers that have been caught by uci and wada for lemond to say they are not doing their job is a joke. they also instituted the biological passport which creates baseline parameters to judge riders performances. Lemond is whining about the UCI what about his buddy travis at USADA? If we want to talk about incompetence lets put that horse in the right stable...where in the hell was Tygart the hundreds of times that LA competed in the usa?
Not to mention levi hincpaie and the dozens of others of whom NONE usada caught.. Why werent they doing their job? I am truly upset that they let a cheat like armstrong and all the others get away with that and they did let him. LA wasnt in control of doping tests in the usa , USADA was so why arent they being held accountable? They totally screwed up. What we have seen is a tacit admission that they couldnt catch him because they werent smart enough...translation...incompetent...
Meanwhile where is greg? Where are his complaints about their incompetence? He doesnt want THAT job ;-)
What about WADA? they are the ones that actually administer the tests . They took hair samples from armstrong...It is impossible to cheat on hair samples...if there was epo in his hair samples why didnt they report it?
why sint greg whining about wada? he doesnt want that job... The uci is a governing body not a testing body. Lemond knows this so why is he crowing so loudly? He wants the job but methinks he protesteth too much. His other teamate Fignon was a known doper. Lemond set a record speed for a time trial beating fignon who admitted he was doping after! Yet Greg somehow miracoulously won by nealry towe seconds a kilometer!!!unbleivable! yep it is...
Hinault was famous for his steroid induced road rage but greg who beat them both was a boy scout? are you idiots??? Raimundas was the ONLY OTHER RIDER who placed third coming from nowhere and the uci was critical of him and he was caught(once again they did the job they have done all along)the world is populated with true believers but sorry guys your idol is made of brass...not gold...There is nothing Lemond can or would do that would make thing s any better. He just wants the limelight again..truth is WADA and USADA are far more incompetent than the uci if they administer hundreds of tests but cant catch a cheat. This isnt hyperbole,..its a simple fact...Lemond is a liar. His performances "out" him clearly...
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY