• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck and dope

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Shelled off the back next to Gilbert today at Suisse 10km from the summit. I think we can surmise that after Frank was popped, Andy stopped taking the sauce and is now just a Continental level rider.

TourOfTexas said:
Shelled off the back next to Gilbert today at Suisse 10km from the summit. I think we can surmise that after Frank was popped, Andy stopped taking the sauce and is now just a Continental level rider.

We are so far down line line from the crashes last year, a new situation will be needed to keep a somewhat credible cover.

I'm going with snail fever (Schistosomiasis).

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Sanitiser said:
So far no solid evidence.

It isn't fair to suggest that now, with extreme scrutiny placed on Andy's narrow shoulders as well as the team burden; he can't get results. That's not fair but it is pretty suspicious.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
If we are looking for evidence we wont have to wait long I imagine. He wont be able to help himself in the tour.

We will get the mumbo jumbo of all the year has just been training and I feel my form coming back blah blah...then miracle of miracles andy turns into a mountain goat in France.

Maybe, or maybe he will ride it clean and suck.:D

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
noddy69 said:
If we are looking for evidence we wont have to wait long I imagine. He wont be able to help himself in the tour.

We will get the mumbo jumbo of all the year has just been training and I feel my form coming back blah blah...then miracle of miracles andy turns into a mountain goat in France.

Maybe, or maybe he will ride it clean and suck.:D

I hope this happens, I miss the old Andy lol

TourOfTexas said:
. I think we can surmise that after Frank was popped, Andy stopped taking the sauce and is now just a Continental level rider.

I agree with that statement and yes same brush. It is quite obvious that his struggling form has been due to a lack of PED's or trying to adopt to a new regiment of microdosing ? I believe he and his doctor are testing a new regiment and are ensuring they are accurate with glow times, etc. etc. so that he doesn't turn a positive. But overall, it clearly visible to all that when you stop using the "hot sauce", you get Andy Schleck 2013 results. :D When you're on the hot sauce you get "Santambroggio results."

Just to say, is this bruised vein (on the left arm) normal ?
Blood sample for the ABP or blood banking ?
IMG_6400.jpg

Gregga said:

Or, team testing? Or personal testing? Too many maybes.

If there's a sudden transformation later on this year, we'll know something is up. The guy has banked too many performances so unlike his TdF that's got to be near-normal.

Gregga said:

Not normal.

Not for a trained phlebotomist. So rule out ABP.

The other notable detail is his race number. That is a lot of drag from poor placement. Simple to fix.

Two ways to compensate for that in the peloton.

1. Natural gifts
2. Other

I'll go with Other.

Dave.

Really funny there's such an interest on Andy in the clinic. Has he been blood tested ? Or is he blood banking ? Is he doping ?
Who cares. The guy is nowhere at the moment. He looks skinny and rode Oman, Paris-Nice, Crit Inter and now Pays-Basque and did not improve a bit.
Even last year, his recovery year, he was better at Tour de Calif, Tour de Suisse or Tour de France.
If he's doping he doesn't have a sustainable business model and he would retire at the end of the season.

TRENDING THREADS