• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 24, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Personally I would have liked Alberto to say "**** Andy Pandy it's not my fault he can't shift gears"

Whats the quote, if he who draws his sword first drops it he's bolloxed:D

I'm with the lady, if Andy can't change gears it's his own fault he should stop whining about it!

Excuse the ignorance but what happened there?

I can't remember anything significant either, though there must be some conspiracy theory going on in Airstreams mind

May 24, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:
No, I'm serious. Width of Andy's capacities is limited to going uphill as long as its not super steep and punchy

Fixed that for you...:D

...and descents, especially technical descents and mildly moist descents, as for wet ones...he'll get there eventually but whine for an hour afterwards. The Schlecky's were not gifted with bike handling skills were they???

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Interesting interview with the Legend (German)

Andy Schleck: There will be no party ("Eine Party wird's nicht geben")

You have now officially won the Tour de France and will be honoured by the organizer. Are you looking forward to it or is it something you don't want to be celebrated for?

No, of course not celebrated. Naturally I understand the Tour the France, that they want to do this, and I will do it. But for me it's not a day to ... I don't even know when it is. There won't be a party.

Still - won is won.

I have the title but you win the Tour on the road. Everyone who rides a bike will understand that I want to win it on the road and ride over the Champs Elysées in yellow.

(...)

How is your time trialing going?

I think it's getting better and better.

What have you done to work on it?

We did many tests, I'm doing more hours on the time trial bike, we changed the position a little bit too... But I'm doing also some training methods that maybe weren't very known in cycling before but which I don't necessarily want to reveal ... it has a little bit to do with mental training. We have already done a lot.

Contador will not be a rival at this year's Tour, so who are the contenders? Cadel Evans will be there again, but who else?

Oh I think this year there are many favourites. There is Wiggins, there is Cadel Evans, Kreuziger, Nibali, Gesink ...

http://sr-mediathek.sr-online.de/beitrag_Video.php?id=11432&autoplay=1&startvid=8

Christian said:
Andy Schleck: There will be no party ("Eine Party wird's nicht geben")

You have now officially won the Tour de France and will be honoured by the organizer. Are you looking forward to it or is it something you don't want to be celebrated for?

No, of course not celebrated. Naturally I understand the Tour the France, that they want to do this, and I will do it. But for me it's not a day to ... I don't even know when it is. There won't be a party.

Then don't accept you dumbass!!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I was also intrigued by his including of Kreuziger, Nibali and Gesink in the favourites. Dutchies will be happy anyways, they have long been complaining that the Schlecks ignore Gesink!

Fetisoff said:
Oh, we could have some fun with this one over at the "Clinic"

Nice one ;) Although unfortunately clinic related matters are all too well-known in cycling ....

just like i said from the beginning,andy is a dicc maybe most of the time but on the 2010 contador case,he always kept it cool and classy.you win it on the road,he knows it,that's all that matters

still curious about sunday,now without a gilbert robot around(or maybe he will be back again?),the schleck can kill the race on roche aux faucons

I don't understand why Andy will go to that ceremony. I mean, it's obvious the tour de france organisers only do it because they want to celebrate him as the winner of the tour because Andy is much better as tour champion because the media loves him because he's controversial and not just polite like Alberto.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
and the acceleration in shorter climbs, witch is actually exactly what Vasco, Tirreno and so on is all about

2nd in Fleche, beat Samu in a narrowly specialized exercise, a 100 meter uphill punch, on Morzine-Avoriaz, where he allegedly must have been weaker. These simple facts are self-explanatory. His potential in this field is global.

gooner said:
That was the stage where Contador attacked on the Colombier and dropped Kloden and then went on to gift the stage to Frank at the end. By him attacking and bringing the Schleck brothers with them Kloden lost out on significant time to them.

To be honest Contador deserved criticism for the way he did that to Kloden.

In your case Siriuscat, I would say it is selective memory on your part.

:eek:

Oh great. Now I remember. That was when Alberto asked JB if he could attack, and JB replied he should ask Klöden, Alberto asked Klöden, Klöden gave him the go-ahead, Alberto attacked, saw that Klöden couldn't stay with Frandy, Alberto waited, and waited, but he didn't come back. JB and LA were mad at Alberto, LA attacked him on twitter as usual, and Alberto felt horrible. :(

I remember reading that Lance said somewhere that Alberto almost cried when he asked if they could forgive him.

D':