• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

Page 183 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Christian said:
Completely agree, which raises the question - where did he find that amount of sun?! Seems to me it's been mostly raining over here... secret Tenerife training camp?! ;)
sunbedG_468x308.jpeg

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Angliru said:
Was just going to post a similar response! Let me add that tanning salons tend to draw a certain amount of attractive women and Andy is one for the ladies. Makes sense.:D

No need he already has the hottest GF :D

the 2013 tour de France winner has arrived on Corsica:

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Christian said:
Idk she has kind of a funny looking face Imo... but then again so does he :D

Haha her face seems fine it's just Andy's face that's thin lol :D
Anyways I follow her on twitter, she seems to be very nice. A lot better then Froome's GF lol..

Gugashwill

BANNED
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Andy looks just fine. Both physically and mentally.
I wonder what did he mean by saying "surprise of the Tour" earlier this week.
That should be a very high overall placing. Everything else won't be surprising.

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Glad to hear it seems he like he is back on track, not sure he will challenge for the overall this year, but think he will ride aggresively in the mountains and finsih in the top 10.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
mmmmm

I think that since Andy is looking for a good comeback and not with a full pressure of being one of the favorites, is going to be agressive on the mountains and will be interesting how much freedom will have from Sky, they know that Froome is better than him in the TTs obviously but if they are not too careful He could get enough time... since He is better than Porte, I think that Froome could be marking him leaving an opening for Contador to attack... I dont know... just some random thoughts...

I've never liked Andy but is quite sad that He is struggling with his career... wish him the best and to recover to be back with the favorites again...

P.D: Who would have thought that my first post after such a long time would be in Andy's thread haha :eek:

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Lol Andy has a gf. No more of his antics with the pretty girls :D. Could someone briefly explain why Froome's girlfriend is so bad? :confused:

Andy definitely looks skinny in those photos. I'd say he'd fit very nicely in the skeleton club alongside Rasmussen et al. Ignore Clinic related matters with Rasmussen please. If Andy is that light surely that's a good sign??

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
nah well talking BS and bashing Wiggins and stuff

Well some of that attitude rubbed off onto Froome imo. He pretty much kicked Wiggins from first equal in the Sky leadership, to fourth in a brutal coup. Now Wiggin's is a broken man :confused: and may not do another GT ever. Not a Wiggin's fan but you can't help but feel sorry for him. Hopefully Andy's gf is better :)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
nick101 said:
Well some of that attitude rubbed off onto Froome imo. He pretty much kicked Wiggins from first equal in the Sky leadership, to fourth in a brutal coup. Now Wiggin's is a broken man :confused: and may not do another GT ever. Not a Wiggin's fan but you can't help but feel sorry for him. Hopefully Andy's gf is better :)

Froome didn't do that, Froome just did his thing and won races for the most part. Wiggins fall from grace was all his own fault.

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Afrank said:
Froome didn't do that, Froome just did his thing and won races for the most part. Wiggins fall from grace was all his own fault.

How? we all know Froome didn't want Wiggin's in a similar leadership position at Sky as Wiggins could've threatened his leadership position. Yes Wiggins certainly was unlucky at the Giro, but he didn't deserve the result he got. Your attitude appears similar to the Italians, who were cheering when Wiggins crashed and booed him when he was racing. To demote a recent Tour winner completely out of any leadership is just stupidity. Sure Froome deserves a high leadership position at Sky and this years Tour leadership, but Wiggins didn't deserve to be treated that way.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
nick101 said:
How? we all know Froome didn't want Wiggin's in a similar leadership position at Sky as Wiggins could've threatened his leadership position. Yes Wiggins certainly was unlucky at the Giro, but he didn't deserve the result he got. Your attitude appears similar to the Italians, who were cheering when Wiggins crashed and booed him when he was racing. To demote a recent Tour winner completely out of any leadership is just stupidity. Sure Froome deserves a high leadership position at Sky and this years Tour leadership, but Wiggins didn't deserve to be treated that way.

The result Wiggins got was due to his own lack of motivation and commitment. Yes Froome most likely didn't want Wiggins in a position where he could threaten his leadership. But all Froome really did was reassert that he should be leader like he was promised. While Wiggins tried to make claims to take Froomes leadership away from him.

If Wiggins had stopped whining and complaining about last years Tour, had actually done the work he needed to do to get himself in shape, and approached the Giro with the same commitment he had the 2012 Tour, then he wouldn't find himself in the position he is in now.

And no, I didn't cheer Wiggins crashing (although I can't say I wouldn't boo him :p). I would have preferred to see Wiggins race the whole Giro, because it could have made Nibali attack more. And given us better racing.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
nick101 said:

Another reason why I love Italy! Thanks for the perspective, I learnt something today. Italians call BS out and don't cheer obvious short cut taking frauds! :p

Oh Andy Schleck thread! Yeah, he is the wild card. I hope he is back like he was in 2010. Man was he good that year!

Taxus4a said:
He is the only man in this Tour that for conditions and for situation, could invent something magic, something to remember, as he did in Galibier.

Anyway I expect some fireworks from Garmin as well.

I was a little borried after Lux Champs and what Andersen said, but he seems to be ok.

Not gonna happen, go buy a lottery instead.