• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Andy Schleck Discussion thread.

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
great to see how badly andy got booed today at the cauberg and how all the schleck fans went mad over it :eek: they are just as andy and frank. pathetic

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
How can you criticise Alberto? I just don't get it.

Love him, okay, perfectly understandable of course.
Hate him, okay, you can think he is a doper.

But criticise.... I just can't see it.

1 chaingate
2 colombier
3 haughty attitude to the Legend at the top of Tourmalet. The strongest climber got the stage! Let Contador slap on cheeks his puppies!

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
great to see how badly andy got booed today at the cauberg and how all the schleck fans went mad over it :eek: they are just as andy and frank. pathetic

I prefer to Frank to Andy, he races more often, doesn't whinge as often.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Sirius Cat said:
Simple as this, when Andy starts putting some wins and strong results behind him regularly then I'll respect his achievements
You are cunning. Yesterday if he flitted like a bird and won on Cauberg, you would have come in this thread and started whining about Hogmix and all that stuff.

markene2 said:
I know this is a thread about Andy, but i thought i would share a interview with Frank, you must use translate. Frank said "I was one of the strongest today" and he blames his result on the bad position Eysenbosweg.

Always the excuses

Source http://feltet.dk/nyheder/schleck_jeg_var_en_af_de_staerkeste_i_dag/

Lame excuse. He could have attacked later on if he was as strong as he claims. Freire did and almost succeeded.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
markene2 said:
I know this is a thread about Andy, but i thought i would share a interview with Frank, you must use translate. Frank said "I was one of the strongest today" and he blames his result on the bad position Eysenbosweg.

Always the excuses

Source http://feltet.dk/nyheder/schleck_jeg_var_en_af_de_staerkeste_i_dag/

He actually doesn't blame his result on the bad position on Eysenbosweg. He just notice that.
He blames cramps as the reason for not having any punch on Cauberg

http://www.radioshacknissantrek.com/news/making-progress

So Frank says he was the strongest but because of cramps he couldn't take part of the on Cauberg

Since when are cramps something you only get if you are unlucky.. :rolleyes: Just don't get why they just can't say; I wasn't good enough on the day.

always somthing or someone..

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
It's getting really hard to support RSNT, especially with Cancellara out of contention for the moment. I did not expect the brothers to win AGR, but at least try one attack at some point! Why wait so they can get outsprinted by punchier riders at the end? I guess the answer is simple - they were not strong enough.

Sad really, they could have at least gotten a rider in that long break.

I keep wishing for Andy to get that victory that will prove all his detractors wrong, but it looks like it won't come too soon...

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Cancellator said:
It's getting really hard to support RSNT, especially with Cancellara out of contention for the moment. I did not expect the brothers to win AGR, but at least try one attack at some point! Why wait so they can get outsprinted by punchier riders at the end? I guess the answer is simple - they were not strong enough.

Sad really, they could have at least gotten a rider in that long break.

I keep wishing for Andy to get that victory that will prove all his detractors wrong, but it looks like it won't come too soon...

So we are right about him:D

Cancellator said:
No, i think you're wrong, but he hasn't shown sufficient evidence recently to prove without a doubt that you're wrong.
Ah, but you see, no one here really thinks he's not capable of winning big races. We just think he has the wrongest attitude someone of his class could have, and that wouldn't change if he won LBL and the Tour this season, unless he also changed his attitude. And if that happened, that would prove us right.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
hrotha said:
Ah, but you see, no one here really thinks he's not capable of winning big races. We just think he has the wrongest attitude someone of his class could have, and that wouldn't change if he won LBL and the Tour this season, unless he also changed his attitude. And if that happened, that would prove us right.

Sorry, I don't quite get in what a new supposed attitude should imply :confused:

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
karlboss said:
Operacion puerto. Name came up hence clearly guilty, once a doper always a doper, hence should not have been in the race or Evans was beaten by a doper. The 2010 tour test has done nothing to make these Evans fans like Contador any more.

Evans rode for Mapei.

Frank Schleck was also involved with doctor Fuentes. Why don't you say anything about that? For the record, they didn't have solid proof on Contador.

airstream said:
Sorry, I don't quite get in what a new supposed attitude should imply :confused:

Take his profession seriously as in using his awesome natural talent to 'race to win', stop insulting races/fans by going out partying/drinking, stop whining about parcours, stop making lame excuses.

In other words turn into a champion (which I think he is physically but not mentally capable of) instead of a awesomely talented wastral. (one who expends resources foolishly and self-indulgently)

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
hrotha said:
Sorry but you must be quite thick. It's talked about constantly.

well, not really, I understand in outline what you always talk about. I just don't get why the attitude that gives the result for 4 years should be changed.