• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Angel Madrazo: A Legend in the Making

Yes it's time for his own appreciation thread.

11141%7C00000710e%7Cd214_orh100000w575_msr12-madrazo-poggio.jpg

Among his numerous trophies, El Gorrión de Cazoña already has a KOM in 2010 GP Montreal!!!

Check out his website: http://www.angelmadrazo.com/web/

Keep posting more photos and stories!!! :)

@AngelMadrazo
Hoy mala suerte con caída y rotura de bici de Valverde.Ahora de camino a Suiza para correr tour de Romandia.

Bad luck today, Valverde fell and broke his bike. Now on my way to Switzerland to ride Tour of Romandie.

paseo.jpg

Parrulo said:
let's not forget hrotha was a fan of madrazo before it was cool.:p

Hrotha is Original Gangsta Madrazo Mafia Representin'. I've been talking him up for at least a couple of years, and I'm pretty sure issoisso was there before me too iirc. I think our user MADRAZO might have been there before isso as well. In fact, isso was so far ahead of the game he was warning us of the perils of overhyping him... in 2009.

"think our user MADRAZO might have been there before isso as well. In fact, isso was so far ahead of the game he was warning us of the perils of overhyping him... in 2009. "

I have indeed been a fan of Madrazo since his amateur days. A great talent indeed and a great agressive ridingstyle. He surely has huge potential in the hilly classics, but I also still has hope for him in stageraces where he used to do well as an amateur.

Some years ago I would have thought he would have had more results now than he has, but he has been very visible and is improving and the big results will definetly come in the future.

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Hrotha is Original Gangsta Madrazo Mafia Representin'. I've been talking him up for at least a couple of years, and I'm pretty sure issoisso was there before me too iirc. I think our user MADRAZO might have been there before isso as well. In fact, isso was so far ahead of the game he was warning us of the perils of overhyping him... in 2009.

You've been registered since Feb 2010 though, any confessions to make who you really are? :D :D

In all seriousness and without the silliness, he looks like a great guy :).

Libertine Seguros said:
So isso is actually a proto-hater! :D

To be completely honest, I only became a fan of Madrazo in summer 2010 (around Pologne and Montreal), and he only became one of my favourite riders around Tirreno 2011. That's because before June 2010 I hadn't been following cycling as closely as I used to for a couple of years, so I didn't know much about him - just that he was this young, talented fellow that Caisse was developing veeeery slowly.

So I'm afraid I can't be an officer of the Madrazo Mafia, but I can be an NCO :p

TRENDING THREADS