Antoine Vayer

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tbh this Stuyven guy won a big cycling race. That in itself warrants scepticism.

But he's barking at the wrong tree within that population lol.

It is hilarious to see the comparisons to other "populists" though.

Tbh this Stuyven guy won a big cycling race. That in itself warrants scepticism.

But he's barking at the wrong tree within that population lol.

It is hilarious to see the comparisons to other "populists" though.
WTF

Are you for real? Or are you trying to be funny? Stuyven was the biggest classic talent coming out of Belgian youth since Boonen. Predictions were that he would become a multiple Roubaix winner. His entire career he's been "not quite there yet" but last year (pre-covid!) He takes another big classic win. He wins San Remo on tactical merrits, but he's suspicious?

Maybe you only know of one populist but i assure you, history is littered with them. All presenting themselves as fighting the good fight while crying for attention, but the motives don't often match.

Last edited:
Vayer is a pseudoscientist who usually works with normalized weight for his calculations, but then he posts the total watts instead of w/kg and acts like everyone weight the same. Not to mention his antics and clickbait oriented posts.

Talking about how it's concerning that you still have the same kind of people from the "dark ages" working as team doctors and DS in many teams in totally valid. It's also valid to ask why the climbing speeds have overall gone up since the start of the current pandemic and if the lack of OOC testing has anything to do with it.
But Vayer is just a total moron with zero class who seems to be unable to have a normal discussion.

Vayer is a pseudoscientist who usually works with normalized weight for his calculations, but then he posts the total watts instead of w/kg and acts like everyone weight the same. Not to mention his antics and clickbait oriented posts.
I am pretty sure Vayer "normalizes" the w/kg to a given weight because he can't maintain that both Indurain and Pantani were super-"notnormal", but Indurain produced 455 and Pantani 446 watts if Pantani was some 20 kilos lighter.

I agree with Johan Bruyneel, who pointed out a few weeks ago that the guy seems to get some satisfaction from the misfortune of others.

WTF

Are you for real? Or are you trying to be funny? Stuyven was the biggest classic talent coming out of Belgian youth since Boonen. Predictions were that he would become a multiple Roubaix winner. His entire career he's been "not quite there yet" but last year (pre-covid!) He takes another big classic win. He wins San Remo on tactical merrits, but he's suspicious?

Maybe you only know of one populist but i assure you, history is littered with them. All presenting themselves as fighting the good fight while crying for attention, but the motives don't often match.
What I say is there's no cyclist I'd stick my hand into the fire for, and I also clearly said that within that population Stuyven isn't near the most suspicious rider.

To address the other questions, I was mostly waiting for Godwins law to strike again. And you're reacting the exact way that populists want you to react. Vayer is a *** idiot. Ignore him.

What I say is there's no cyclist I'd stick my hand into the fire for, and I also clearly said that within that population Stuyven isn't near the most suspicious rider.

To address the other questions, I was mostly waiting for Godwins law to strike again. And you're reacting the exact way that populists want you to react. Vayer is a *** idiot. Ignore him.
Then i must have misunderstood your post. You basically said that "this Stuyven guy" (as if he's some nobody) winning a big race is suspicious. Now it seems like what you meant was "anybody winning any race, is suspicious". Which in turn could be extrapolated to "everyone is suspicious".

I'm not claiming Stuyven is guaranteed clean, but with his age, history, profile and especially the way in which he wins, this is about as far from suspicious as you will see a monument winner.

Yes, Vayer is an idiot, but the problem is that his lies and manipulations are taken as gospel by a very large crowd.

Reactions: pastronef

ASK THE COMMUNITY