• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Antoine Vayer

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Wrong. That's just the part some people chose to lose their minds over because they've been conditioned into a dogmatic, aggressive response against wrong-think (like sniffer dogs). People could easily focus on the fact Rousse & Alaphilippe are not saints & not trustworthy, but they allow current-year politics to dictate their thinking when rich celebrities & sports people (Rousse, for example) manipulate it & use it as a shield.

That's their problem, not mine.

So... because you label Rousse & Alaphilippe as "suspect" and "not trustworthy", Marion Rousse should have shut her mouth on the subject of this cartoon ? What a very twisted way of turning things upside down...

If you don't get the issue with that cartoon there's very little we can do to help you.

If you think people should shut their mouth when they're treated that way... ditto.

If I follow your way of reasoning (in short : conspiracy theories), I would suggest that Vayer asked for and posted that cartoon on purpose so that it would trigger Rousse to react and have him fired, so that he can pass for a witch hunt victim... :p

See how that works ?

Worth the read.

Reactions: Naico and macbindle
Worth the read.

Yep. Vayer is a piece of work.

And he operates with the luxury of knowing that he can never be proved wrong.

I read the French version.
The author writes in bad faith on a number of the topics he touches. He makes it clear that he is just as qualified to talk about Portoleau's calculations (which he attributes to Vayer) as you are to teach us about the physics of black holes and the justification for Penrose's Nobel prize.

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
The author writes in bad faith on a number of the topics he touches. He makes it clear that he is just as qualified to talk about Portoleau's calculations (which he attributes to Vayer) as you are to teach us about the physics of black holes and the justification for Penrose's Nobel prize.

I'm the author of that article.
It's confirmed Vayer uses the sentence from the Festina affair to claim he was innocent, but continues to spread accusations against Virenque and Dufaux who are not coming from the trial.
It's confirmed Vayer had at this moment and still now good relations with Laurent Brochard who cheated in 1997
It's confirmed Vayer trolls cyclists. He admitted it on Marion Sicot's case.
It's confirmed Vayer makes lame photoshops.
It's confirmed Vayer spreads accusations based on the nationality of the riders. Wait, isn't it called xenophobia?
It's confirmed Péraud was a suspect rider.
It's confirmed Thibaut Pinot is suspect specially after his stage camps with Preidler.
It's confirmed Vayer became friend with Floyd Landis, despite he claimed in a chronicle the winner of the Tour 06 will be a cheater, a liar and a thief. I admit he may be right about that.
It's confirmed Vayer is not welcome in Professional teams anymore and at least one of his customers was meeting him and Bernard Sainz secretly.
It's confirmed Armstrong wasn't fighting for the Yellow Jersey in 2005 at Marie Blanque as Pogacar did.
It's confirmed Vayer uses Portoleau's calculations based on his own ideas and doesn't want them to be tested scientifically. Why are Vayer and Portoleau only publishing their "results" in their own pages and not in real scientific magazines?
It's confirmed Vayer has personal troubles with Lefevere and Van Mol, but not with their past riders Vasseur and Pineau who became managers themselves.
It's confirmed Vayer has sexist behaviors.
It's confirmed Vayer is hypocrit about Marion Sicot.
It's confirmed the video of Alaphilippe sucks.
Etc.

In the next article there will be more things to add to that very long list.

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
Espé claims he's against "endogamy"
But what about when one of his friends is hired by an agency after having been suspended and is then cleared by that same agency before to leave it after getting money? The same friend who claimed to felt dizzy before to drive 4 hours without consulting a doctor. The same friend who claimed he used only corticoids in training based on his book.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2020
Visit site

About Portoleau, scientists are working in scientific magazines where their publications are tested by other people. That's how science works and how we know some guy as Raoult isn't good.
If Portoleau and Vayer still don't want to get published after 20 years, it may mean their works are still not accurate, are they?

lol, i would love to know which WT manager that was.
Yup, me too. I'm thinking of one in particular but I have nothing to back that up besides an existing "talking" relationship on twitter with Vayer and him/his riders not particularly liking Evenepoels' team..So I'm just going to leave it at that :)
And yes it was Vayer himself who said a WT manager sent it to him and pointing out that it looked "sus".

This could be Vayer talking out of his a** but it's not like he's said something similar before with tons of other video's he's posted.

Last edited:
I dunno... the more I read about the guy, the less effort being anti-Vayer seems to take to me. I mean... we are talking about a guy who thought it would be appropriate to go after an injured guy for - shockhorror *clutches pearls! * - having something in his pocket!

for fun, check his twitter timeline day in day out. it´s a continuous stream, a rosary, of accusations, hints, bad jokes. endless. and many of the twitter anti-doping gang agree.
he stepped up his game a lot in 2020, never a moment of respite, it goes on and on.

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
for fun, check his twitter timeline day in day out. it´s a continuous stream, a rosary, of accusations, hints, bad jokes. endless. and many of the twitter anti-doping gang agree.
he stepped up his game a lot in 2020, never a moment of respite, it goes on and on.

That's why I need to make some breaks regularly. He's more active than all his buddies together. About Evenepoel it came originally from a spectator and he focused a lot on it before to claim he has nothing against Remco. He just asked Espé to make a cartoon of Remco crying because of the accusations.
Have you seen the story of Alaphilippe's video on the Tour?

That's why I need to make some breaks regularly. He's more active than all his buddies together. About Evenepoel it came originally from a spectator and he focused a lot on it before to claim he has nothing against Remco. He just asked Espé to make a cartoon of Remco crying because of the accusations.
Have you seen the story of Alaphilippe's video on the Tour?

l´histoire de l´acceleration apres le lacet? yes I saw it. stupid stuff. today I was arguing with him and another French chap about Hindley. sometims I really wonder wtf people want from the athletes they watch. the big guns where all cooked, under par. if Gaudu went to the Giro he´d have podiumed

Dec 28, 2020
Visit site
They would have rather watched their favorite Frenchies winning but these ones focused too much on the Tour with the majority of the best riders.

Yeah Gaudu has a great potential in Great Tours. If he had been a foreigner, he would have been suspected for sure.

Reactions: pastronef
This guy has to be clueless or feigning to be, in combination with having zero ethics. A hate monger and populist bigot. History has taught us not to trust people like him.

Stuyven, junior worldchampion 2009, junior Paris-Roubaix winner 2010, runner-up Paris Roubaix as a first year U23, most would agree he was more of an underachiever in his pro career if anything, with only few wins and mostly "near-wins". Few monument winners less suspicious than Stuyven.

Winning San Remo at the age of 28, in an edition with lots of tailwind, making it impossible for the punchers to drop superclimber Ewan, Ineos drilling the ascent, where the only reason Stuyven was able to win was him placing a perfectly timed attack with a chase that didn't materialize due to Ewan's presence. Vayer goes on to completely ignore SKA's counterattack and Stuyven benefiting from it. Furthermore making it seem as big riders could never win this race. And if they did, it would have to be with watts of riders 15kg lighter than them, apparently. Seriously, what... the... fck. Riders with Stuyven's profile have won this race since it was raced. Claiming he won by "outpowering" van Aert and van der Poel.

This guy is a disgusting human being.

View: https://twitter.com/festinaboy/status/1373560055455440903

Last edited:
Reactions: pastronef

TRENDING THREADS