• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Anyone else here hunt?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't hunt. "Hunting" implies there's an element of chance involved.

I go killing.

358317592_868aa124e5_z.jpg

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I hunt Buck(whitetail deer), black bear and turkey mainly. I usually just hunt deer in PA, since I have to hunt on public land up here. When I go back to West Virginia, I can hunt on my own 600 acres or so and have a better chance at seeing a bear when it is in season.

Some of my best times hunting involved watching a beaver build a dam, and watching does lead her fawns through the woods carefully. I had a doe come up on me and my father once. She stood about 5 feet from us, we were leaning up against a tree sitting down. She could smell us but not see us, as we were not moving. She made all sort of up and down moves with her head trying to figure out what we were. She snorted and popped her tail and sprinted down the hill side.

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
pedaling squares said:
Interesting. How many of those species were introduced to Ozland?

All of them! There are no native hoofed animals in Australia, basically that is part of the problem. The ecology has evolved without hoofed animals and they now do plenty of damage to what is in reality a fragile landscape.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Hunting is a big part of my families lives. We hunt white tail deer, hog, bear, and some wing shooting. We get into the woods all year long...suffer with the ticks and chiggers in the summer to pattern the deer and then when fall comes we enjoy the hunting. We also raise dogs for hunting bear and hog. Working with the dogs is very enjoyable to me and I spend a lot of time doing it. I also really like bear meat...best steaks I have ever had. We have spent a lot of good quality family time in the woods together!!

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
I can confirm the laughing for hours, finishing with a dark depression. Back to normal the next day.

New Jersey with family and waiting for first set to start, and could not stop yawning - so in car, eyes shut as the inside of my eyelids started to dance.

glad it did not start by puking. what a show.

think this fungus was hunted somewhere by the East River.

hunting - partridge,woodcock

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Would only condone it if I was staving and had to eat it .... Realise all the issues of slaughter houses and big supermarket chains etc etc etc ...

however for me cant see the thrill in hunting other than for survival... then its OK...

The " where do you get your meat from? " argument is a whole other can of worms...

A

Anonymous

this is interesting... my favorite gun

30ni3bc.jpg

not my FIRST gun but my favorite. The first was too big for me, 20 gague shotgun / 22 rifle over under. So my father and I stopped in a small rural town and exchanged it for this one, a 410 folding shotgun, 37 inches extended, 22 folded up, bored for 3" shells. You just had to be fast to hit anything. Can't believe I've had it for almost 50 years (wtf!)

2zzkqz5.jpg

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
can't find any links but I read about copper and silver fiber clothing(socks,underwear) that arrest bacteria. It makes it so we humans don't smell so much, allowing not to be so easily detected by everything in the woods.