• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

anyone happy the chicken is back?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Animal said:
Seems like Rabo are one of those "don't ask, don't tell" teams WRT their riders' "preparation".

Accept the good results, but if they get caught they are dropped like a hot potato.

Er, which PT team isn't like that?
I say, welcome them all back. Chicken, Vino, Heras, Ricco... It'll make for more interesting racing.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I think it's interesting that most of us feel that though we disapprove of Michael's behavior (doping or avoiding testing or lying to his team), we believe he has a right to another chance: It's curious that people want bad behavior to be punished, but we are willing to forgive rather readily.
As far as the Tour goes, he will add to the show (he was winning when fired!) and provide great competition for the contenders. Besides, I have an affinity for the ex-mountainbikers who moved over to the road scene. Who else besides Ras, Cadel, Mierhagge, Miguel Martinez...?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Zoncolan said:
Er, which PT team isn't like that?
I say, welcome them all back. Chicken, Vino, Heras, Ricco... It'll make for more interesting racing.

I want a clean boring sport than a dirty exciting sport. WE must have these riding at their purest form and not a form which has drugs in them causing them to perform inhumanely. If we have everyone who is clean riding then we will have excitng racing as everyonne is at a level playing field. People like Chicken, Vino, Heras and Ricco don't have a place in cycling.

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
TrudyTas said:
]Definitely agree on the creepiness[/B].

Can't imagine his ego allowing him to ride as a domestique - that would be like AC or LA lining up for domestique duties ...

Yeah.....he is one sketchy lookin' dude ! Scary !

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Hammerhed said:
As far as the Tour goes, he will add to the show (he was winning when fired!) and provide great competition for the contenders. Besides, I have an affinity for the ex-mountainbikers who moved over to the road scene. Who else besides Ras, Cadel, Mierhagge, Miguel Martinez...?
The new Dane Fuglsang (or how in earth he spells it) was a mountain biker too, wasn't he?

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
bjaelkesex said:
Yeah. He even trained with Michael Rasmussen at some point.
Ah yes, thanks for reminding. I was remembering that there was some controversy around him, but I thought it was a doctor-tie or something like this.
I think that after joining Saxo he quit riding with him and that they both lived in neighboring places (lake Garda in Italy, what a place!:eek:), so two Danes living near abroad it's not such a bad crime after all...:D

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Hammerhed said:
I think it's interesting that most of us feel that though we disapprove of Michael's behavior (doping or avoiding testing or lying to his team), we believe he has a right to another chance: It's curious that people want bad behavior to be punished, but we are willing to forgive rather readily.

Ryder Hjesdal, Cadel Evans, Floyd Landis, Michael Rasmussen, Tom Danielson. If the French want a Tour win, they need just transfer Julian Absalon over to the road scene from mountain biking.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm VERY happy that Michael is coming back, not only because I'm a Dane, but CERTAINLY also because, it will be adding to the excitement of the race(s). :)

(My first post EVER! :))

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
SarahDane said:
I'm VERY happy that Michael is coming back, not only because I'm a Dane, but CERTAINLY also because, it will be adding to the excitement of the race(s). :)

(My first post EVER! :))

Welcome!!!

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Personally I've never really liked Rasmussen I find him kind of dour and the whole business about lying about his whereabouts-the look on his face was always the one similar to Stefan Schumacher-you could see this kind of terror and denial in his eyes...it never sat easy with me. However he has served his time and can come back so he should be treated fairly now I guess.

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Rassmussen: "In a case brought by the UCI in February, a three-member panel organized under the authority of the Monaco Cycling Federation, ruled that Rasmussen had intentionally misled doping authorities regarding his location in the lead-up to last year’s Tour."

He was suspended and thrown from the Tour for lying.

(Basso) admitted in May that he was a client of Eufemiano Fuentes, the doctor at the center of the Operación Puerto investigation. Basso maintained that he hadn't actually doped, but only banked blood he intended to use at the 2006 Tour.

So, effectively lying for Basso, but with bags of his own blood in a refrigerator.

Stain on both, impossible to trust either, but MR actually comes off looking less offensive. If Basso is out there, so should be the Chicken.

And my daughters love cheering for Chicken (if only because of his name). They'll be so excited. :)

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
TrapperJohn said:
Sure, let's get Landis, Ricco, and Heras to join in - the Roche Tour de Pharmacy. It's EPO+insulin versus HGH and testosterone. Think about it - for an extra charge, you can be injected with the same high performance 'blue' CERA that propelled Ricco to his stage wins. Testosterone? Floyd Landis says you're 'nuts' not to use his personal brand.

Basso, Vino, Ullrich, and Valverde can duke it out in the Tour de Transfusion, with surgical tubing arches over the finish line, and pretty girls dressed up as nurses presenting the surgical smocks, er jerseys, on the podium. Heck, let's drop the phony 'who flatulated' look every time someone gets busted, and embrace the miracle of biotech. Instead of a two year suspension, you get a two year contract with the company whose drugs you were using. The pharma companies have all sorts of money to toss around, cycling may as well cash in openly.

Back to the subject at hand - Chicken was never found guilty of doping, he was convicted of stupidity and immaturity. I'd rather see him back than the dopers that were actually caught.

When was Ullrich found guilty of doping (besides his out of competition speed incident)?

TRENDING THREADS