• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

anyone happy the chicken is back?

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
Michael Rasmussen made Monday his comeback to cycling when he took part in the Danish race Designa Grand Prix. Rasmussen finished second around 1 minute behind the winner Aleksejs Saramotins.

The man that single handedly destroyed a Tour still hopes to participate in the Vuelta España later this year, but so far he still hasn't found a new team for the season.

Who would want him on board? (other than RR)

RigelKent said:
How 'bout Kenny?

Kenny did not make it.

412_dead_kenny.gif

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I hope he comes back. He was not doing anything the other were not doing. I also hope FLandis, Basso, and Vino are at the big races. This Evans/Sastre crop of riders ain't cuttin' it.

You what? These riders coming back do NOTHING but make the sport look like a complete joke. He was not doing anything the other were not doing??? Err yes he was and he always has.......There are riders finishing top 10 on GC at the grand tours clean, and riders like the chicken, Landis et al can ride away like they do because the cheat. Fact

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
The Dr said:
You what? These riders coming back do NOTHING but make the sport look like a complete joke. He was not doing anything the other were not doing??? Err yes he was and he always has.......There are riders finishing top 10 on GC at the grand tours clean, and riders like the chicken, Landis et al can ride away like they do because the cheat. Fact

There is no solid "fact" that Rassmussen cheated, he never even tested positive. Most of your post seems to come out of just disliking the guy. He always doped? How would you know something like that? And cycling is doing a much better job handling its doping problem than sports in America like baseball and football.

I'm excited to have him back. I'd be surprised if he didn't have a team by the Vuelta, he's always going to be a good climber. He should provide lots of excitement.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I would like to see him back because I believe in second chances. If he stuffs up again, then that will be the end of his career and we can move on to the next drama. But Contador, Andy Schleck and Rasmussen animating the mountains - that would make more interesting racing than we saw this year.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I really don't care that he is back, but it is what it is and he has a right to be back. Since he was never a proven doper and never had a positive test, he "deserves" to come back more than most.

I bet this time around he doesn't go ANYWHERE without making sure EVERYONE knows where he is going and where he will be!

(btw - FLandis never doped, he got screwed)

the truth. said:
The man that single handedly destroyed a Tour still hopes to participate in the Vuelta España later this year, but so far he still hasn't found a new team for the season.

It seems to be more accurate to say that the people from the team who forced him to quit where the ones who ruined a tour.

The Dr said:

You have no real way of knowing who is cheating and who isn't. :rolleyes:

The witch hunt is causing cycling to look bad.

TRENDING THREADS