• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Arctic Race of Norway 2022 (August 11-14)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The last stage in Trondheim is nice. The climbs are in the same part of the city where I lived for over 8 years until last September, and passes only a few hundred meters from where I worked. And have included a couple of short but very steep hills.

First Brubakken, only about 150 m, but 15+ % climb with the steepest ramp over 20 %.
Then Blussvollbakken, 400m of 11-12 % but it gradually gets steeper. And it's a 90 degree turn just before entering the hill.

Clipboard.png

Reactions: Sandisfan
Flying to Stockholm and Helsinki next week from Australia. Is this miserable weather normal even i summer for this part of the world haha

It is completely normal to have that kind of summer weather around at least the northern Baltic Sea area. :p However, that doesn't mean it is a prevalent weather every summer . Although at least shorter periods of that type of weather do occur in every summer. I live about 200k south of Helsinki and here it only takes the wind to turn into "right" direction - usually northwest - for daily max temperatures to plummet below 20C. Specially in early summer when the Arctic hasn't yet warmed up and the air flowing from there is freezing cold. In July and early August the cooling effect of the Arctic is not that dramatic, but when circumstances play out in a suitable way, a prolonged period of around 15 C summer weather with cold winds, cloudy skies and drizzling cold rain is entirely possible even in July.

This summer has been much better than that though. And currently forecasts show 30C heat here early next week, but I haven't checked if that reaches the northern shore of the gulf too.

TRENDING THREADS