• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Arctic Race of Norway 2022 (August 11-14)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't think that was fair enough at all. They had the jersey, if Zingle had helped Lafay instead of doing I don't know what, they would have kept it.

I think Lafay lost the GC by probably 15 seconds or more. I doubt that Zingle would have been that much faster on the last lap waiting after the last climb,

If he could have dropped everyone else on the last climb in place of Conci, he would have won.

So it's hardly super bad tactics.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think Lafay lost the GC by probably 15 seconds or more. I doubt that Zingle would have been that much faster on the last lap waiting after the last climb,

If he could have dropped everyone else on the last climb in place of Conci, he would have won.

So it's hardly super bad tactics.

But why was he in the front to begin with? If he had been there to keep the pace high in the peloton, Lafay wouldn't have had to cat and mouse fifteen seconds away and could have been fresh enough to go bonkers on the final hill.

Reactions: Samamba
I added a bit to my yes :)

20 seconds behind in the stage Houle so indeed Leknessund should win by a few seconds with the 10 boni in the end and some earlier.

But why was he in the front to begin with? If he had been there to keep the pace high in the peloton, Lafay wouldn't have had to cat and mouse fifteen seconds away and could have been fresh enough to go bonkers on the final hill.

This. Zingle shouldve just paced in the beginning when the ALpecin/Houle group went. Lafay couldve made the jump then now they were not riding behind.

Today's stage was a continuation post TDF of strange results and baffling tactics - First, you don't allow a rider on 36 seconds into a break - Second, why didn't ISN helped Cofidis to pace the front of the peleton - After all they are desperate for UCI points and they had three riders who were in the GC shakeup.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed this finale. Really nicely designed circuit to finish and a winner who was as appropriate for the Arctic Race as its possible to get.

Great crowds too..

I actually think the final circuit should have been shorter which would allow for shorter rest periods before each climbing part - Then the climbing part would have been more decisive.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Good to see the sun come out for the final stage (and the crowds enjoying it)

nJquydDj_o.jpg

C3xWlxm2_o.jpg

pK334smu_o.jpg

i3hp8TXN_o.jpg

8ZYUemnD_o.jpg

42VBMdyU_o.jpg

fONPOvAj_o.jpg

KzKLvUD7_o.jpg

G5qdBxek_o.jpg

TRENDING THREADS