• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong Accuses LeMond of Doping!

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
This is hilarious! Please read the story where Greg tells everyone that Lance is in big trouble. Lance's reply is that Greg doped when he won the '89 Tour (with the aero bars by 8 seconds over Fignon)!!!

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/07/news/greg-lemond-says-proble-could-end-lance-armstrong_129823

When Lance was a neo-pro he used to say the stupidest things. Now he is returning to his old ways. Can't he figure out that if he says that the only way that Greg could win was by doping (and this was before EPO, remember!) then it stands to reason that the only way that Lance could win was also by doping. What a dope...

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Every time he opens his yapper about the 'Landis Affair', it's like he throws another log on to a fire that is burning him.

Smart bicycle racer. Not too smart about knowing when to zip it.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
No love lost between the two I see :D

But while Lemond is well loved in France, Armstrong is despised, and this is the only thing needed to finish him off over there, proof won't even be required I am sure.

Wow, just staggering. I guess Armstrong believes there's a different level of proof for himself and the rest of the world. Mountains of evidence against Armstrong and he claims "never tested positive". More accurately "never sanctioned for a positive".

All he has against Lemond is his own lie. Disgusting.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I saw that live on France 2, and Armstrong was sitting close to Laurent Fignon at that point, and looked at him while saying about LeMond "he, too, needs to tell the truth".
Searching for a new friend? After all, Fignon could maybe like LeMond's win in 1989 to be discredited... Nice try...

It might be that he genuinely believed they were iron shots but the team doctor gave him testosterone.
LeMond has stated more than once that it was such a first for him to get an injection during a race and he was so reluctant that he and his soigneur Otto Jacome asked to check the label really carefully...

Coca-Cola said:
Are we seriously saying Lemond didn't dope? Seriously?
I don't think we're saying exactly that. This is about a known doper who uses "never tested positive" as his defense accusing an ex-rider against whom no evidence whatsoever exists, as far as I know. LA is throwing mud and hoping some of it sticks. It's a little sad to see him reduced to that honestly.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Captain Phil said:

controlling what media? give examples otherwise you are trolling

the only people paid to post on here are LA fanboys and they have been paid with a promised a place in planetarmstrong in the afterlife.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Big flaw in Armstrong's argument - Lemond never tested positive :lol: Is Armstrong implying that the 'never tested positive' defence is a pile of steaming cr*p?

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
bianchigirl said:
Big flaw in Armstrong's argument - Lemond never tested positive :lol: Is Armstrong implying that the 'never tested positive' defence is a pile of steaming cr*p?
Huge flow even, when he's at the same time calling "nonsense" LeMond's claim that LA offered $300k to someone to tell LeMond took EPO.

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't think anyone is saying doping wasn't rampant, it always has been in the Tour, but -

some riders have more than likely been coerced into it, have used because it was the only way, because the coach demanded it, because they were sickened of not being able to catch up, and yes, some of them must have been clean (I'd imagine all the ones who had bad days regularly, like Jalabert, say) ....... this report so far makes Lance look like a ringleader, a willing bully who imposed his law on others.
It's not the doping part of it that will stick like slurry to him forever.
This is bad for him, very bad.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Captain Phil said:

those bastions of honest reporting. Please do go on. As i recall those 'lying rags', i think not, are not being sued by the Uniballer's lawyers. I wonder why????

Anyway please keep listing those examples of untruths and please do indicate which ones Mr Armstrong is suing for defamation.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Who cares if Armstrong doped? Eddy Merckx tested positive 3 times and yet everyone still considers him a hero.

Who was second in most Tours Armstrong won? Jan Ullrich. Did he dope? Yeah, no doubt about it. So even if Armstrong doped in all his Tours(I know for sure he doped in 1999) he still won against other dopers.

Honestly, LeMond is jealous because Armstrong has 7 Tour victories while he only has 3. That's the only reason why LeMond is doing this. Why does he believe everything Floyd Landis says by the way? That guy is one big fat pathetic lie. He even let his Team Manager call LeMond and he pretended he was his uncle who sexually abused him(Only Floyd knew LeMond's secret)

Why are they all of a sudden good friends?

I'm not a Lance Armstrong fan by the way, Armstrong is an arrogant and egocentric ***. And it's soo funny to see him fail and crash in this year's Tour.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts