• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong Not the Focus?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
VeloCity said:
Simeoni had the guts to own up to what he did, was the first to directly implicate Ferrari, and wasn't shy about talking publicly about how ingrained doping was in the peloton. I won't be holding my breath in anticipation of Armstrong doing the same.

In my opinion Lance will not go out like that. It will be more similar to fellow Texan Rodger Clemens. :(

As for Simeoni well he came off to me like a punk who was bitter when ped's did not give him the same effects as others at the time. Maybe not. But the good part is that he appeared to own up to the stuff. Unlike many of his fellow comrades.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:
By the way, anyone have any info on Armstrong's meeting with the Feds on Tuesday?

I sure hope he was NOT naming names.
That woud be terrible in my opinion:(

All of a sudden the Lance haters would ADMIRE Lance for being a "WhistleBlower".

Snitch more like it.....
That would suck so much.
Unless he snitches on Alberto. I guess that would be OK sigh.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
VeloCity said:
Regardless of his motivation for dropping the bomb, again, he's not exactly bowing down to the powers that be, whether that's Armstrong or Bruyneel or the UCI, is he? Which was kinda the point. I wish there were more like Landis who would come forward, whatever their personal motivation may be.

+1

With so much pointless debate about FL's motivations, it sort of obfuscates the point the FL was trying to make.

WHY he did it doesn't really matter. I see it as a top-tier rider coming clean with a lot of the niceties no one has dared to air (in regards to the Americans and a certain DS, anyway).

He got hooped by 'his guys', seems to have realized the moral implications of his choices, shopped for a bit of a 'deal' to stay in the game, got dropped, came to terms with the series of lies that were potentially driving him insane, and found that the hypocricy would not end.

Why'd he do it? Doesn't really matter. The fact that he DID do it is what matters.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
miloman said:
[/B]

So you don't care what a person's motivation is, just so long as they incriminate the people you dislike? I think most people who have been following this agree that if Floyd would have been given a ride with Radioshaft, none of this would have ever happend. I will be impressed if, and when, something really happens in this case and Floyd receives a settlement from his wb case and he pays everyone back and gives the rest to charity. Like him or not, Armstrong's charity has done more good in the world than Floyd's revelations ever will. Armstong is probably a jerk, and a doper, but what is Floyd?. . four words quickly come to mind: opportunistic, calculating, insincere, hypocritical.

Sorry, having a hard time following your logic.

Because Floyd is a jerk and Armstrong has convinced people to pay for the fuel for his jet then we should not question Lance?

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
miloman said:
[/B]

So you don't care what a person's motivation is, just so long as they incriminate the people you dislike? I think most people who have been following this agree that if Floyd would have been given a ride with Radioshaft, none of this would have ever happend. I will be impressed if, and when, something really happens in this case and Floyd receives a settlement from his wb case and he pays everyone back and gives the rest to charity. Like him or not, Armstrong's charity has done more good in the world than Floyd's revelations ever will. Armstong is probably a jerk, and a doper, but what is Floyd?. . four words quickly come to mind: opportunistic, calculating, insincere, hypocritical.

You do realize that the more people come forward, whatever reason they might have, the more secrets about doping come out in the open, the better it can be combated and those that partake in it can be punished and therefore perhaps doping could be lessened.
So I agree completely with velocity

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
Ah, the appologists' favourite angle.

Unfortunately this is a forum about doping in cycling and how they both effect the other.

This is not a forum about the great money-sucking NGOs (or faux charities) of the world, and all the lovely things they have done for... whoever... I can see it doesn't really matter.

Charity work? Now, THAT's funny...

But c'mon - there are probably twins, hookers, coke sniffers, mom lookalikes, etc that work or volunteer for Livestrong. Seems to me that the charity IS a Clinic Worthy discussion topic....

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:
You do realize that the more people come forward, whatever reason they might have, the more secrets about doping come out in the open, the better it can be combated and those that partake in it can be punished and therefore perhaps doping could be lessened.
So I agree completely with velocity

I'm not sure that there is much more I need to know. It's pretty obvious that doping was and perhaps still is rampant in cycling. Do we really need someone else to come out and tell us what we already know? Do we need another ex-wrestler to come out and tell us pro wrestling is fixed? Floyd's revelations haven't really opened the flood gates with admissions. I don't know, maybe no one else has found way to make money from it like Floyd has.

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
miloman said:
I'm not sure that there is much more I need to know. It's pretty obvious that doping was and perhaps still is rampant in cycling. Do we really need someone else to come out and tell us what we already know? Do we need another ex-wrestler to come out and tell us pro wrestling is fixed? Floyd's revelations haven't really opened the flood gates with admissions. I don't know, maybe no one else has found way to make money from it like Floyd has.

Uhm, the authorities need it. The more riders come out, the better it is

(why do I keep getting myself dragged into it:confused:)

Also the bolded part has nothing to do with your original argument and Velocity's original argument

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
miloman said:

How much has Floyd made so far from his admission? To the nearest $10million will be fine.

Your logic seems flawed as people (like you) say LA's cancer 'charity' does great work - without acknowledging that Armstrong has set up a for profit site with the same btrand name from which he will make millions.
So thanks to Landis we get to see that LA is not only a doper but a fraud.

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:
Uhm, the authorities need it. The more riders come out, the better it is
(why do I keep getting myself dragged into it:confused:)

Also the bolded part has nothing to do with your original argument and Velocity's original argument

Need it for what? What does a cyclist from xyz team in 1999 have to do with anything regarding this case? Yes, we got it, cycling is dirty. And this is going to clean it up how? I would be willing to bet that only a few, if any will, see any sort of penalty from this enquiry. And please educate me as to what power the US Gov’t. has to clean up cycling? The same power they used to clean up Baseball?

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
miloman said:
Need it for what? What does a cyclist from xyz team in 1999 have to do with anything regarding this case? Yes, we got it, cycling is dirty. And this is going to clean it up how? I would be willing to bet that only a few, if any will, see any sort of penalty from this enquiry. And please educate me as to what power the US Gov’t. has to clean up cycling? The same power they used to clean up Baseball?

You do realise that people on the bio pass have stated that his discussion about the methods is usefull for them.

Also the simple fact that you won't see any penalty from this, is due to a problem with UScycling, which did not do its job properly.

Anyway, I'm out now, I knwo that when miloman came into a thread, that thread will be righteously trolled

@ miloman, perhaps livestrong.com?

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Barrus said:
You do realise that people on the bio pass have stated that his discussion about the methods is usefull for them.

Also the simple fact that you won't see any penalty from this, is due to a problem with UScycling, which did not do its job properly.

Anyway, I'm out now, I knwo that when miloman came into a thread, that thread will be righteously trolled

@ miloman, perhaps livestrong.com?

That's funny! Half the people think I'm a "Fanboy" and the other half have me pegged as a "Lance-hater" I guess I must be doing something right!

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
miloman said:

USADA isn't interested in "cleaning up" anything. They're interested in illegal activity regarding drugs, money, wire fraud. If cycling and baseball change the way they do things that is an added benefit.
The last bolded statement is Troll kibble. There has been much relevant information for anyone to digest on the issue.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
miloman said:
[/B]

That's funny! Half the people think I'm a "Fanboy" and the other half have me pegged as a "Lance-hater" I guess I must be doing something right!

The Fanboy Team would appreciate it if you would consider coming over to our Team Full Time.:)

There is a great benefit package.
No cumbersome long term anti-doping contract to sign.
Logging onto the Clinic while at work is NOT viewed as slacking off or Cheating
And Flicker is in charge of refreshments & cookies at the Team Meetings.
He is banned now but will return soon.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
VeloCity said:
Regardless of his motivation for dropping the bomb, again, he's not exactly bowing down to the powers that be, whether that's Armstrong or Bruyneel or the UCI, is he? Which was kinda the point. I wish there were more like Landis who would come forward, whatever their personal motivation may be.

Landis isn't bowing down because (in his mind) he doesn't need to. And he doesn't. Lance's ego prevented him from keeping an enemy "closer".

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
I'm sorry, but what else do I need? The guy wants to go spank Eva L's naughty tushie in Hollywood, he just hops on the jet, makes sure he stops by a kids hospital room on the way to the Mondrian, gets his rock off and he sends a nice tweet about how great if felt to make that kid's day. LiveStrong is his rich-guy taxshelter. Rich? Get yourself a charitable foundation and "fight cancer" all day long. You can even fight cancer while banging every wife in town.

Like a G6
Far+East+Movement+-+Like+A+G6+%28ft.+The+Cataracs+and+DEV%29+Lyrics.jpg

So, I'll take that to mean you have no proof and you are offering your biased opinion. Proof would be nice, especially if you are going to say such disparaging things.

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
BotanyBay said:
It would not be the first time an elite athlete tried to equate himself with Jesus. He just can't see how ridiculous he looks.

If you've ever experienced a family member with an alcohol problem, you'd know that the worst thing you can do for them is to help enable them or spare them from suffering the consequences of their addiction. Without suffering those consequences, the behavior never stops. They think they're "managing" it.

Please stop your deification by equating their demise with a crucifiction. Can we please leave religion out of this?

These guys have not been exposed due to particularly vicious hounds. These guys have been exposed because fraud and addiction eventually become so big that they're eventually unmanageable. No one ever gets away with it forever.

I have a new found respect for you Mr. BotanyBay. Not only are you struggling with the incredible challenges of doing so while competing as a masters fattie. Keep up the good fight mate! :eek:

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Estonia77 said:
I have a new found respect for you Mr. BotanyBay. Not only are you struggling with the incredible challenges of doing so while competing as a masters fattie. Keep up the good fight mate! :eek:
Seems kind of strange. Anyway, if you live long enough and keep riding, you too will be a masters fatty some day. Mate. :eek:

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Maxiton said:
Seems kind of strange. Anyway, if you live long enough and keep riding, you too will be a masters fatty some day. Mate. :eek:

It sounds like I may have hit a soft spot with you Maxiton? As far as the Masters division goes. I am already there. Perhaps I am an exception to the rule, but I am far from being a fattie possessing a body fat percentage of merely 6%. I can send you some pics if you like, as I sense that is the true reason for your response. :eek:

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Estonia77 said:
It sounds like I may have hit a soft spot with you Maxiton? As far as the Masters division goes. I am already there. Perhaps I am an exception to the rule, but I am far from being a fattie possessing a body fat percentage of merely 6%. I can send you some pics if you like, as I sense that is the true reason for your response. :eek:

Very perceptive. You have hit a soft spot. I abhor a crass bully. And I sense that describes you, based on your response to Botany Bay. I can almost always let grownups fight their own fights but obviously that only applies where two or more grownups are involved.

I appreciate your generous offer to send me pictures of yourself but I'm afraid I'll have to decline. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just isn't my thing.

TRENDING THREADS