• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong Retires, Again

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
SC1990 said:
Ah, the clinic, the place men who never got to bully anyone at school come to use their faceless anonymity to vent years of built up cynicism by insulting people on the Internet and acting like children in-between over analysing every single comment/action by riders to make it fit their pretermined version if events...only good thing about Lance's retirement is that this might stop, but I'm sure the hatred will just be transferred to someone else.

It already has, see JV, Levi, Dave Z.. Robert Milar, Wiggins, Boonen etc a full cauldron of cycling forum hatred directed that way......

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
To quote Puck from the Real World San Fran, "GOOD RIDDANCE"

I hope I never have to hear this man's voice or name or anything again ever. I guess I'll have to stop watching the Tour on VS to even stand a chance of that.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Arnout said:
And now the question is: does this forum have any future after Armstrong?

It might actually make things more objective.

Gone will be the "Yes he did".......uuuuerrrr..."no he didn't"....."Uhh I know he did because
I post here more than you"..."no way he is a hero" blabber people post here that somehow makes them feel one with the peolton.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
flicker said:
I don't know why but I see more "Lance" accesories and posters in bike shops than any other posters, accsesories. Coincidence?

what on earth does that mean? It is called marketing...like hall and oates or michael jakson in record shops...so they use a cheater to sell stuff? are you kidding me man? hey, Bernie Madoff was promoted as THE finance guy for lots of years in lots of portfolios and pamphlets...listen, you have to try harder as a Lance head...it is really getting ridiculous...now it is down to his image is in lots of bike shops? this must be part of the new "well if he cheated he did crew viewpoint...pathetic...you guys used to at least argue that he didnt and your belief was founded up on that...weird fandom junkiehood stuff...

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The Gnome said:
what on earth does that mean? It is called marketing...like hall and oates or michael jakson in record shops...so they use a cheater to sell stuff? are you kidding me man? hey, Bernie Madoff was promoted as THE finance guy for lots of years in lots of portfolios and pamphlets...listen, you have to try harder as a Lance head...it is really getting ridiculous...now it is down to his image is in lots of bike shops? this must be part of the new "well if he cheated he did crew viewpoint...pathetic...you guys used to at least argue that he didnt and your belief was founded up on that...weird fandom junkiehood stuff...
why dont you try reading the posts that his statements were in response to...there was a whole conversation that it was in response to.

May 22, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
So if it stopped we'd be bad because we only picked on your little hero, and if we keep after the other dopers then we are just "transferring the hate". It almost seems like you are gonna hate us no matter what we do. Do you just love doping? Or do you just not get any other chances in your life to feel superior to anyone? How lucky for you that you did get to be a bully at school, I never really tried it myself so I guess I don't know what I'm missing. As for the faceless anonymity, is 1990 really your last name?

I never mentioned having any particular 'little hero', congratulations on proving what a bunch of conspiratorial children you are, what with the massive amount of assumptions you've just made, besides missing the point. How pathetic of you.

Digger said:
With Lance gone, is this the end of the clueless fanbase he had? On RBR a guy said that he was tested '5,000' times, and never tested positive, which is mightily impressive apparently. 5,000 times. :rolleyes:

This is why I cannot stand Armstrong homers. It is not that they are naive and clueless. It is not even because they are laughably gullible. It's because they are stupid, really stupid, bone fraking stupid, just no critical thinking skills whatsoever. How can someone not think to themself, "5000 times? Hold it. Their are only 365 days in a year. If he was tested every single day for ten years then it still would not total 5000 times. There is something wrong here."

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
This is why I cannot stand Armstrong homers. It is not that they are naive and clueless. It is not even because they are laughably gullible. It's because they are stupid, really stupid, bone fraking stupid, just no critical thinking skills whatsoever. How can someone not think to themself, "5000 times? Hold it. Their are only 365 days in a year. If he was tested every single day for ten years then it still would not total 5000 times. There is something wrong here."

With only one 'nad he tries twice as hard?

SC1990 said:
I never mentioned having any particular 'little hero', congratulations on proving what a bunch of conspiratorial children you are, what with the massive amount of assumptions you've just made, besides missing the point. How pathetic of you.

Maybe he was thinking about one of your other 55 salad tossing posts where you whinge about the forum attacking your idol.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Guys - I refer you to Barrus' earlier post to ask that you all show a bit of respect for each other in this thread.

Just because you like/dislike Armstrong, is no excuse to start beating up on other posters for their beliefs. Play the topic, not the man.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Mmmm, beeer.

beeer.jpg

On the motorway in Wellington, New Zealand this morning.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Don't fret fanboys. Melbourne might be giving their GP the flick in a year or two, so there'll be millions to splash out on lance and comeback 3.0.

We can pay him a cool 1 million each lap he does in the crit plus a private jet flown by John Travolta so he can leave his at home.

I cant wait.

TRENDING THREADS