• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Armstrong's Future

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
The man has more to lose than anyone else in world sport. He's feted by politicians and celebrities the world over.

If and when he's exposed, the fall will be massive and unprecedented.

He's a multi-millionaire and will never be poor, but the man hungers for more than that. How will he handle going from hero to zero?

Will he even make it through alive?

I realise I'm jumping the gun, but I can't help thinking it's a distinct possibility he could harm himself.

The truth has to be found, but what might happen to him?

A

Anonymous

self-denial.jpg

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:

er, I don't get it. I'm no fan of Lance and want whatever's coming to him, but I'm wondering how he'll react.

Is that a quote from Much Ado About Nothing?

That would be ironic, given the problems in the would of infinitely greater import than did he/didn't he.

A

Anonymous

CycloErgoSum said:
er, I don't get it. I'm no fan of Lance and want whatever's coming to him, but I'm wondering how he'll react.

Is that a quote from Much Ado About Nothing?

That would be ironic, given the problems in the would of infinitely greater import than did he/didn't he.

it is indeed...

CycloErgoSum said:
The man has more to lose than anyone else in world sport. He's feted by politicians and celebrities the world over.

If and when he's exposed, the fall will be massive and unprecedented.

He's a multi-millionaire and will never be poor, but the man hungers for more than that. How will he handle going from hero to zero?

Will he even make it through alive?

I realise I'm jumping the gun, but I can't help thinking it's a distinct possibility he could harm himself.

The truth has to be found, but what might happen to him?

you dramaqueen :D
i think you re goin too far,just because landis sent some emails doesnt mean armstrong is goin to harm himself,hes been battling haters (i call them haters because though they would love to see him fall there is still no evidence of him doping,just assumptions and doubts) since 1999

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
saganftw said:
i think you re goin too far,just because landis sent some emails doesnt mean armstrong is goin to harm himself,hes been battling haters (i call them haters because though they would love to see him fall there is still no evidence of him doping,just assumptions and doubts) since 1999

Wishful thinking.

Rip:30 said:
Wishful thinking.

yeah i wish there were some evidence,like really some serious evidence,like ban from authorities...untill then hes clean isnt he? not only him,every rider is clean untill proven guilty and banned

in all this debate i still fail to see something that would convince me he and other former teammates are dopers

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Armstrong has pondered a life in politics but man, if he thinks he has dirt-digging adversaries now, he would be in for a huge surprise if he chose that route. His future is hard to predict. He looked a bit lost in his retirement: "I'm a celebrity cling-on, no I'm a runner, no I'm a philanthropist, no I'm a douche." It was a bit confusing. I assumed a life in cycling was in his future, running development teams (ok, being the face behind the teams) and living the high life. This shot from Floyd could change that. Didn't somebody once tell him - the first cut is the deepest?

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
saganftw said:
yeah i wish there were some evidence,like really some serious evidence,like ban from authorities...untill then hes clean isnt he? not only him,every rider is clean untill proven guilty and banned

in all this debate i still fail to see something that would convince me he and other former teammates are dopers

False Reality Alert. Try doing JUST A LITTLE bit of research before drawing conclusions.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Remember - Comeback 2. Oh Oh wasn't about us........

““I didn’t go out of my way to make friends with the French media, in fact, I was combative. I was unavailable, arrogant, and I was that way to a lot of them.
Anybody who wrote a negative article: Done. Never speak to them again.
I won’t do that this time. I mean, these daily or weekly [phone conferences]? Everyone’s invited. From the bitterest of rivals I’ve ever had in the pressroom: Get on call. If you’ve got a question, ask it.… They’ll realize that I’m not messing around.
The constituency that I represent, is now cancer survivors"
Quote from his comback article in Vanity Fair.

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
lance has always been hated by even when he first came to europe because he was brash and outspoken and not quiet and reserved like most of the italians and the french etc
....but it was because he was never respected by the europeans when he first turned pro he used that as motivation or fuel as some will say to win some of the biggest races in the world...and in time he got the respect he wanted.
But if **** hits the fan hell be fine,its these things that will make him stronger than he already is.
well actually age isnt on his side anymore and hes won what there is to win in the sport ,so if he does get put out there and is guilty he probly just retire for good! hehe and take up golf or somthing or maybee bowls .... or try his hand at bodybuilding:D mr universe 2012 lance pharmstrong!:cool:

A

Anonymous

luigiV said:
and hes won what there is to win in the sport ,so if he does get put out there and is guilty he probly just retire for good! hehe and take up golf or somthing or maybee bowls .... or try his hand at bodybuilding:D mr universe 2012 lance pharmstrong!:cool:

No he hasnt.. hes won 7 tours, not much else of note

saganftw said:

You may want to check a dictionary or legal manual for the definition of "evidence". There's a mountain of evidence, and a good bit of proof. That he's not been sanctioned officially by a governing body is another thing entirely.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
""““I didn’t go out of my way to make friends with the French media, in fact, I was combative. I was unavailable, arrogant, and I was that way to a lot of them.
Anybody who wrote a negative article: Done. Never speak to them again.
I won’t do that this time. I mean, these daily or weekly [phone conferences]? Everyone’s invited. From the bitterest of rivals I’ve ever had in the pressroom: Get on call. If you’ve got a question, ask it.… They’ll realize that I’m not messing around.
The constituency that I represent, is now cancer survivors" ""

Lance had contempt for road cycling from the beginning.. When he was 17 and racing crits in Fort Worth he talked trash about triathletes being real racers not tourists..His Speedo wearing, lifecycling fanbois from President's First Lady Health Spa took this further saying Dave Scott could easily win the tour de france etc..I don't know if he ever did a triathlon after age 15 but to this day he reminds people of where he came from.

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
General Classification
(1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005)
22 Individual Stages
World Cycling Champion (1993)
US National Cycling Champion (1993)
Clásica de San Sebastián (1995)
La Flèche Wallonne (1996)
Tour de Suisse (2001)
Critérium du Dauphiné Libéré (2002, 2003)

What else is there to win besides giro and the vuelta hes won some of the best races there is to win in the sport...

luigiV said:
General Classification
22 Individual Stages
Tour de Suisse (2001)

What else is there to win besides giro and the vuelta hes won some of the best races there is to win in the sport...

Respect. Hasn't won that.

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
No he hasnt.. hes won 7 tours, not much else of note

General Classification
22 Individual Stages
Tour de Suisse (2001)

Take out the TDF and what do you have:

Tour de Suisse (2001)

Palmares on a par with Laurent Brochard over a 12 year career.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
luigiV said:
General Classification
22 Individual Stages
Tour de Suisse (2001)

Amstel, LBL, Ronde, Lombardy, Roubaix, Paris-Tours, Wevelgem, Sanremo TT WC etc. Seriously, on what planet does a WC, 2 of the smaller classics and 2 1-week races and the Tour constitute everything their is to win in cycling? Monuments anyone?

TRENDING THREADS