• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Arnaud De Lie’s Hips Don’t Lie Discussion Thread

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Head sports director Kurt Van de Wouwer talks to Sporza
https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...lthy-conditions-the-results-will-follow-again
"Lyme disease was one thing, but there was also the fall in Le Samyn and his DNF at Paris-Nice," Van de Wouwer explains. "Because of that accumulation, Arnaud needed a real reset. Now he can calmly build up and the intention is that he can return to competition at the end of April or the beginning of May."

Mentally it has not been an easy period for De Lie, who also seemed to be suffering from pressure. "He has contributed to this a bit by winning so much in recent years, which means that expectations are extremely high. I think that if he can cycle again in normal and healthy conditions, the results will follow again. The class is there, we have no doubt about that."

DS Nikolas Maes shared with Het Laatste Nieuws.
https://www.hln.be/wielrennen/na-de...ers-wint-of-niet-telt-voor-ons-niet~a173e838/

English translation at https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling...-arnaud-de-lie-tour-de-france-still-uncertain
De Lie returns to racing at the Famenne Ardenne Classic this Sunday. ... “There is no pressure and no stress. To put it bluntly: whether he wins a race this year or not doesn't matter to us. What matters to us is that he gets going again. We also leave the answer to the question of whether he will ride the Tour open. He is in the pre-selection and we will keep it that way.
I don't get him doing the Tour this year apart from getting experience. What we know about the Tour 2025 so far, it could be more fitting for him.

This time with both legs!
GMQpOIfWoAAz4SP

Cycling up to date!

“I am very happy with this victory,” opened an emotional De Lie in his post-race interview. “I have gone through a difficult period. I don't really have words for it right now. I want to thank everyone who has continued to follow me. This is certainly a liberation after I could not win this season.”
Speaking pre-race, De Lie was unsure if he could reach a level high enough to compete for victory and even during the race, the Belgian was struggling. “I didn't feel good in the opening phase. But it was tough for everyone. The strong wind made it difficult," he explains. "I know the course well, which was to my advantage. I also got better during the race and my teammates gave me a lot of confidence. As a team we rode a very strong race. I am happy that I was able to finish it effectively.”

“It was a very difficult sprint with the headwind. The plan was that I would sprint and Maxim van Gils would be in my wheel. He could then come out if I was carpaccio, if I was broken," De Lie concludes. "However, I saw that Axel Zingle started the sprint very early and so I followed him. Then I went over it at the right time. Luckily I was able to keep it until the finish. This is very good for confidence. That confidence was somewhat lost when I was having a hard time. I feel like that's back a bit now. This is a great first step.”