• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Article-With 3 tainted TDF victories Alberto Contador: Champion or Poseur?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
SilentAssassin said:
I'm just a reporter, reporting this event :cool: I can take my car to the car wash and have Contador's family wash it for me..lol

this is a racist comment and disgusting. For someone who supports LA who through no fault of his own hardly has a great family history, you are a small petty minded person.

Cycling has always been about riders from non wealthy backgrounds so your comment proves you to be an ignoramus that your posts verify.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
khardung la said:
It would be a xenophobic comment if you could really have enough brain to be something else than a silly troll. Anyway that is insulting and shows poor education and a complete lack of manners. That happens when a guy who is used to be merely a hooligan discovers cycling through the victories of an egocentric fellow citizen.

Your reference about the Spain-American war is also insulting, specially for those who died after being attacked by a foreign power without previous warning. Well, this reminds me of other recent wars and your belicist government, but this just a cycling forum.

Guys spreading hatred and racistic non-sense, should be banned. You should be banned, but anyway you will probably find another forum soon (bowling, NRA, who knows what...) now that your LA is out of cycling. Good luck.

I don't think we know for certain that BPC/Silent Assassin is from USA, do we?
Weren't there indications he might be from England (no offense to the English intended) ????

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
this is a racist comment and disgusting. For someone who supports LA who through no fault of his own hardly has a great family history, you are a small petty minded person.

Cycling has always been about riders from non wealthy backgrounds so your comment proves you to be an ignoramus that your posts verify.

There has been no racist comment. I guarantee this.

I do not support LA by any means. It is simply an article written from a non-bias standpoint, exploring Contador as a champion or poseur by outlining the problems with his three TDF victories. Since Contador has surpassed Greg Lemond, it is only fair to now use Armstrong as a baseline of comparison. And going by the facts, Contador has simply not demonstrated true champion form that Armstrong has thus far...but perhaps he will in years to come.

SilentAssassin said:
There has been no racist comment. I guarantee this.

I do not support LA by any means. It is simply an article written from a non-bias standpoint, exploring Contador as a champion or poseur by outlining the problems with his three TDF victories. Since Contador has surpassed Greg Lemond, it is only fair to now use Armstrong as a baseline of comparison. And going by the facts, Contador has simply not demonstrated true champion form that Armstrong has thus far...but perhaps he will in years to come.

Could you then explain what you meant by your post that "you could find Contador's family at your local car wash" (or something to that effect)?

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
You really nailed AC. He should give back all 5 of his grand titles until he has sufficiently earned them in the eyes of his detractors. You should email this to ASO and get the ball rolling on removing his name from the record books. :rolleyes:

:eek: That means we get 5 new grand tour winners.

2007 Tour the France - Cadel Evans

2009 Tour the France - Andy Schleck and if he goes LMO LA

2010 Tour the France - Andy Schleck

2008 Giro d'Italia - Riccardo Riccò

2008 Vuelta a Espana - Levi Leipheimer

Well that is pretty compromising ! - and what about all the prize money ?

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Contador Comeback 2.0

Is Alberto history? Figure a 1-year suspension, then a chance to write a book and win a TdF the right way. I wonder if he can be close to 100% of his former clean prime after 1 year without racing.