• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Astana?

I've searched back, and I can't find an Astana thread for months.

So, chubby Lutsenko wins a tough Vuelta stage. There's hope for me, yet. Flight to Kasakhstan, anyone?

20176250_391194_670.jpg

You obviously know *** about Lutsenko, he has been a major talent for Hilly classics and long hard races for years, and has one of the biggest engines in the peloton.

Sure the team is dirty, but he is the least suspicious you could have picked.

Re:

markene2 said:
You obviously know **** about Lutsenko, he has been a major talent for Hilly classics and long hard races for years, and has one of the biggest engines in the peloton.

That's not saying much :D . But yes, he's super talented.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

markene2 said:
You obviously know **** about Lutsenko, he has been a major talent for Hilly classics and long hard races for years, and has one of the biggest engines in the peloton.

Major talent ? What major races over the years has he won ?

A stage in PN and the Tour de Suisse is about all I can find. Not exactly the same as walking up a wall in the Vuelta when he won that stage- the steepest climb in parts I've seen in pro cycling and he sauntered up it like a mountain goat.
Astana if they got their S**t together could run with Sky but seem to hunt stages

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

noddy69 said:
markene2 said:

A stage in PN and the Tour de Suisse is about all I can find. Not exactly the same as walking up a wall in the Vuelta when he won that stage- the steepest climb in parts I've seen in pro cycling and he sauntered up it like a mountain goat.
Astana if they got their S**t together could run with Sky but seem to hunt stages

On UCI 'dark but not black' list :lol:

Kazakistan not going to generate much dollar for UCI either!

noddy69 said:
markene2 said:

Try looking at his espoir records then. He won the U23 Worlds at Valkenburg, an MTF at Les Saisies in l'Avenir, an uphill finish stage of the Giro della Valle d'Aosta - ahead of Aru, Meintjes and Teuns.

That was while 19, he turned pro at 20. If he'd continued racing espoir races for another two years, or been allowed by the rules at that point to go back and do l'Avenir like Soler, Sebastian Henao and Bernal, maybe it'd be different.

Libertine Seguros said:
noddy69 said:
markene2 said:

Try looking at his espoir records then. He won the U23 Worlds at Valkenburg, an MTF at Les Saisies in l'Avenir, an uphill finish stage of the Giro della Valle d'Aosta - ahead of Aru, Meintjes and Teuns.

That was while 19, he turned pro at 20. If he'd continued racing espoir races for another two years, or been allowed by the rules at that point to go back and do l'Avenir like Soler, Sebastian Henao and Bernal, maybe it'd be different.

You make it sound like he beat Aru, Meintjes et al head to head which obviously wasn't the case. The only rider of the 3 you mentioned who was in the break with him was Teuns.

And let's gloss over the 30+ minutes that he lost over the previous 2 stages. Real sign of talent for long hard races right there.

I find it disturbing that you call this man chubby. You clearly have a warped perception of the human form if you think arms are supposed to get any skinnier than that. Tejay, Froome, Zakarin etc. are the freaks who should be shamed. Who looks more like the pre-epo cycling greats (Lemond, Hinault, Merckx) --- Lutsenko or Poels?

roundabout said:
Libertine Seguros said:
noddy69 said:
markene2 said:

You make it sound like he beat Aru, Meintjes et al head to head which obviously wasn't the case. The only rider of the 3 you mentioned who was in the break with him was Teuns.

And let's gloss over the 30+ minutes that he lost over the previous 2 stages. Real sign of talent for long hard races right there.

No possibility he lost the time in order to go in the break?

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Rollthedice said:
Valv.Piti said:
I don't care if they juice the **** up if we see a Astana-Froome showdown like in 2015 with Alberto. Preferably with Sky being as week as Tinkoff!

No money for juice. It's amazing what pan y agua plus the usual Vino motivation can do.

pan agua y vino - the holy trinity.

TRENDING THREADS