Australian Crime Commission investigation finds widespread doping

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 12, 2009
3,639
0
0
42x16ss said:
What do you expect? 9 is Packer owned.
Publishing and Broadcasting Limited aka PBL sold their controlling share in channel 9 long ago. Was it 2009?

It's Fairfax media you need to look at and the contracts with the tv networks. You are right though, if the people at channel 9 and a number of radio broadcasters talked...yeah, lots of $h1t would hit the fan.

Not all football players are bad, but most are yeah...unsavoury types.
 
darwin553 said:
In what way? (for both)
Overall their political commentary is very pro-coalition, look at the panel they had covering the poll results for example. Then there's people like Karl Stefanovic. Still, they were slightly better than 7 were this time around.

Re: Essendon- just listen to the utter cr@p that Sam Newman is spouting. At one stage he was saying that the AFL ahould be thanking Essendon for taking their penalty so lightly and that ASADA are a dysfunctional bunch of hacks trying to impose on Australian sport and create a scenario so that they can stay relevant. Just type "Sam Newman ASADA" into Youtube. It's hilarious until you realise he's deadly serious :eek:
 
Jul 28, 2009
898
0
0
42x16ss said:
Re: Essendon- just listen to the utter cr@p that Sam Newman is spouting. At one stage he was saying that the AFL ahould be thanking Essendon for taking their penalty so lightly and that ASADA are a dysfunctional bunch of hacks trying to impose on Australian sport and create a scenario so that they can stay relevant.
Newman is in for an unpleasant time.
 
Jun 25, 2013
1,442
0
0
42x16ss said:
Overall their political commentary is very pro-coalition, look at the panel they had covering the poll results for example. Then there's people like Karl Stefanovic. Still, they were slightly better than 7 were this time around.
No 7 was pro-coalition. If anything 9 was pro-labor. Don't just base it on how you viewed it on election night but interpret it from the whole context of the election campaign with the coverage that 9 gave it on the nightly news.

42x16ss said:
Re: Essendon- just listen to the utter cr@p that Sam Newman is spouting. At one stage he was saying that the AFL ahould be thanking Essendon for taking their penalty so lightly and that ASADA are a dysfunctional bunch of hacks trying to impose on Australian sport and create a scenario so that they can stay relevant.
So Newman purports to be the spokesperson for 9 on Essendon, does he? ;)

Oh well I guess we can expect an even easier ride for the roosters with Phil Gould there too :rolleyes:
 
darwin553 said:
No 7 was pro-coalition. If anything 9 was pro-labor. Don't just base it on how you viewed it on election night but interpret it from the whole context of the election campaign with the coverage that 9 gave it on the nightly news.



So Newman purports to be the spokesperson for 9 on Essendon, does he? ;)

Oh well I guess we can expect an even easier ride for the roosters with Phil Gould there too :rolleyes:
You would think that there would be some "suggestions" from the directorial staff of 9 regarding how to approach this no? You're right, he isn't the 9 spokesman but the fact he's been allowed to come out with this utter drivel for weeks on end suggests that he isn't crossing any boundaries doesn't it, especially considering the station's history of cutting off those who displease them (Mick Molloy, Doug Mulray are two examples).

9 were slightly pro coalition overall, but nowhere near as bad as in the past and absolutely nothing on the new lows reached by 7. Tony Abbott and Kerry Stokes must have something going on under the table...
 
Jun 25, 2013
1,442
0
0
42x16ss said:
You would think that there would be some "suggestions" from the directorial staff of 9 regarding how to approach this no? You're right, he isn't the 9 spokesman but the fact he's been allowed to come out with this utter drivel for weeks on end suggests that he isn't crossing any boundaries doesn't it, especially considering the station's history of cutting off those who displease them (Mick Molloy, Doug Mulray are two examples).
He's entitled to his opinion and management should only dictate it to the point that it infringes defamatory laws.

42x16ss said:
9 were slightly pro coalition overall, but nowhere near as bad as in the past and absolutely nothing on the new lows reached by 7. Tony Abbott and Kerry Stokes must have something going on under the table...
Well obviously you weren't watching the election close enough...either way, whether 7 or 9 were biased towards the coalition, the argument can be made that it was leveled out by ABC's obvious bias towards Labor.
 
rata de sentina said:
Newman is in for an unpleasant time.
Hopefully. Even his co-hosts are surprised by his rants. Anyhow, back on track. Ch 9 won't get stuck into the Roosters because they hold the NRL free to air broadcast rights. This is a cash cow they can't lose. News limited papers will probably tow the line as well, IIRC Murdoch still has interest in the Roosters, I may be wrong though.
 
Jun 25, 2013
1,442
0
0
42x16ss said:
IIRC Murdoch still has interest in the Roosters, I may be wrong though.
Where did you get this idea from? Packer and [Lachlan] Murdoch are friends and Packer is a Roosters fan - is that the connection you are trying for?

News limited have an interest (majority I think) in both the Broncos and the Storm IMO.
 
Aug 12, 2009
3,639
0
0
darwin553 said:
News limited have an interest (majority I think) in both the Broncos and the Storm IMO.
That they do.

Think the Storm were the only team to rout the salary cap? Like I said, if people really got down and dug deep, the truth would shock them.
 
May 2, 2010
1,692
0
0
darwin553 said:
It stinks. It really does but probably more so coming from a rabbitohs supporter as I am. I don't want the Roosters winning the premiership with this tarnish hanging over their heads.

It was the same with the sharks - to have benefited from a huge referee mistake was one thing but what was made worse was the fact that they slid under the radar into the top 8 even with the ASADA investigation on-going into the club's former supplement programs.

That quote from Caravan that pacific islanders naturally have increases in their HGH speaks of somebody who has absolutely no idea what they are talking about and perhaps even indicates a guilty mind that there is something for them to cover up.
I'm not a Souths fan but can't stand the thought of the Roosters winning the GF now. Heck, I'd rather Manly wins at this point.

I may even boycott the GF final this year if the Roosters play. Whilst I think the other teams are likely to be on programs, I can't stand the cover up that has gone on here.
 
Jun 25, 2013
1,442
0
0
thrawn said:
I may even boycott the GF final this year if the Roosters play. Whilst I think the other teams are likely to be on programs, I can't stand the cover up that has gone on here.
Good on you :cool:
 
darwin553 said:
Where did you get this idea from? Packer and [Lachlan] Murdoch are friends and Packer is a Roosters fan - is that the connection you are trying for?

News limited have an interest (majority I think) in both the Broncos and the Storm IMO.
Looks like I may have got it wrong - I know that the Storm are a News Limited team and they are one of many shareholders of the Broncos, for some reason I thought Murdoch and Packer had some involvement with Easts at an admin level. Nothing major, but still able to pull strings.
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
rata de sentina said:
Newman is a man who has clearly availed himself of the full spectrum of what medical science, alchemy etc has to offer to try and turn back the clock. I am sure he is on a full program of "supplementation" at one of these anti-ageing establishments linked to this farce and therefore in cahoots with some of these snake oil salesmen.
thnx for the answers RdS
The connection between Dank and Newman has already been made, join the dots.....
well well well. what is Dank's Bondi clinic called?

quality contributions rata <thumbup>
 
thrawn said:
I'm not a Souths fan but can't stand the thought of the Roosters winning the GF now. Heck, I'd rather Manly wins at this point.

I may even boycott the GF final this year if the Roosters play. Whilst I think the other teams are likely to be on programs, I can't stand the cover up that has gone on here.
Don't worry, Newcastle's giant killing run will continue :cool:

1997 replay, here we come. Bring back Spud and the Chief - the last of the REAL prop forwards! :p
 
Jun 25, 2013
1,442
0
0
42x16ss said:
Don't worry, Newcastle's giant killing run will continue :cool:

1997 replay, here we come. Bring back Spud and the Chief - the last of the REAL prop forwards! :p
Says someone from Perth...shouldn't your attention be directed at the MCG this week? ;)
 
Jun 25, 2013
1,442
0
0
42x16ss said:
I've only been living over here for about 11 months :p

I'm a Newcastle Knights, NSW Waratahs and Sydney Swans (by default) fan.
That's ok then :cool:











Apart from the Swans :p
 
May 2, 2010
1,692
0
0
42x16ss said:
I've only been living over here for about 11 months :p

I'm a Newcastle Knights, NSW Waratahs and Sydney Swans (by default) fan.
You must be the first person I've ever heard admit to being a Waratahs fan :)
 
Aug 12, 2009
3,639
0
0
thrawn said:
I'm not a Souths fan but can't stand the thought of the Roosters winning the GF now. Heck, I'd rather Manly wins at this point.

I may even boycott the GF final this year if the Roosters play. Whilst I think the other teams are likely to be on programs, I can't stand the cover up that has gone on here.
Bet you had a fun night tonight?

Cover up? First full game of league I have watched all year was tonight because I had nothing better to do.

Was wall to wall laughs. Both teams are on the gear and well, it's obvious. Mitchell Pearce is a completely different player from years ago when I watched occasionally. Sonny Bill? Full natty man. As for the Newie boys? Yeah I'm sure they are running on pineapple juice and cream puffs only at training. It doesn't take the Ducks Nuts for one to notice the obvious. Buderus is 35, left because he was TOO OLD years back and now is back and looking better than ever (no pun intended with his injury).

You want to get ahead, use a program. Sheesh. The build on most of these guys gives it away. If you're not on something, you're going to get rolled every week.

But of course, only the Roosters are cheating. You enjoy next weekend won't you. ;)
 
haha couldnt help but have a giggle at this sentence:
Coaches are forever seeking an edge and Dank promised to bring knowledge of GPS technology, altitude training :eek: and, importantly, aids to recovery, allowing injured players to resume training quickly...
then I immediately thought of acoggan and krebs cycle with this gem:
The sports science community is relatively small in Australia and is riven with jealousy and suspicion...
Anyhoo its not over till the fat lady sings....or in this case Stephen Dank

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cronulla-sharks-anger-at-latest-asada-blood-tests-on-players-20131009-2v8q3.html
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS