• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Australian Nationals

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tragic said:
Overall the media coverage of this race is shocking, SBS tracker only updating every 1/2 hour. Appreciate any updates from anyone who is there.

Presumably the Nine Network and Fox offered the organisers more than SBS did. Even then, Nine put it on one of their second string channels. Fox of course you have to pay at rates that border on extortion. If you cant watch either (and being outside of OZ, that includes me), its tough luck.

To their credit, SBS may have had a live stream (Geo-restricted though) if they had the rights, but they don't.

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yingge said:
Presumably the Nine Network and Fox offered the organisers more than SBS did. Even then, Nine put it on one of their second string channels. Fox of course you have to pay at rates that border on extortion. If you cant watch either (and being outside of OZ, that includes me), its tough luck.

To their credit, SBS may have had a live stream (Geo-restricted though) if they had the rights, but they don't.

Also, if you're in South Australia, the TDU preview is on 9 at the same time as the highlights on GEM.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yingge said:

Yep, and I think it is a bit silly that people on social media are complaining about Nine's coverage when they have shown much more of the championships so far than SBS and are showing the same amount of live coverage of the Men's RR as SBS did.

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Yep, and I think it is a bit silly that people on social media are complaining about Nine's coverage when they have shown much more of the championships so far than SBS and are showing the same amount of live coverage of the Men's RR as SBS did.

OK, so it's the first year in several that I haven't been there, so guess I'm spoiled.

When Live Coverage starts on TV, one of you who can see it will have to post regular updates for us all (please!!!).

Who knows, if you do well, CN might even offer you a (n unpaid) job in their outdated Blimp at other events.

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Split of 20 going away with Porte and Evans in the group. NOt many OGE riders present

Don't know where you're sitting, on TV it looks like Will Clarke dangling out in front of a peloton of about 40.

TRENDING THREADS