• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Bahrain

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't think they are looking for some grey area stuff. That might be all they find, but obviously the search began some years ago and is a wider operation after Aderlass, looking into the direction of Erzen and Slovenian-Italian cycling.

2nd part of the Vayer-Festinaboy hoax saga https://incyclingveritas.wordpress.com/

I just finished reading that blog. Seems kind of ridiculous to me. The TLDR is: anon guy creates fake account claiming to be part of Fancy Bears. They present some bogus claims to Thierry who seems to bite on some of the fake stories. The anon person publishes all of their emails with Thierry in an attempt to make Thierry look bad, but honestly it didn't really have that effect with me. Multiple time Thierry turns down money and even challenges some of the doping claims the anon was making. The only thing that looks bad for Thierry is when the anon convinced him that he had the UAE manager's phone bugged, and asked him to tweet about a fake doping product in an attempt to get UAE to talk.

Then the anon person goes on to completely speculate that Thierry is mad about being duped and again speculates that he believes that Thierry thinks Bahrain is behind the anon account that duped Thierry; therefore, the whole crusade against Bahrain is due to Thierry getting revenge for the fake emails.

Like I said....the whole thing is ridiculous.

I just finished reading that blog. Seems kind of ridiculous to me. The TLDR is: anon guy creates fake account claiming to be part of Fancy Bears. They present some bogus claims to Thierry who seems to bite on some of the fake stories. The anon person publishes all of their emails with Thierry in an attempt to make Thierry look bad, but honestly it didn't really have that effect with me. Multiple time Thierry turns down money and even challenges some of the doping claims the anon was making. The only thing that looks bad for Thierry is when the anon convinced him that he had the UAE manager's phone bugged, and asked him to tweet about a fake doping product in an attempt to get UAE to talk.

Then the anon person goes on to completely speculate that Thierry is mad about being duped and again speculates that he believes that Thierry thinks Bahrain is behind the anon account that duped Thierry; therefore, the whole crusade against Bahrain is due to Thierry getting revenge for the fake emails.

Thank you for the English summary.

I would like to add to this what the guy himself says about his motivations. Translated with deepl.com.

"My aim was to discredit two investigators that I knew to be mediocre or even ill-intentioned, and at the same time to give credit to professional cyclists who are too often easily singled out."

(mon but était de décrédibiliser deux enquêteurs que je savais médiocres voire mal intentionnés, et de redonner par la même du crédit aux cyclistes professionnels trop souvent facilement montrés du doigt)

It should also be noted that the author himself points out that Vildary refused the money, saying "this is to his credit" (C’est à porter à son crédit)

Last edited:
The first two parts are really covering what happened, Vayer already published the emails and both Vayer & Vildary know they were duped/hoaxed. It depends what part 3 is really, but I think it's interesting the relationship Valdery has gathering information and relaying it Vayer who builds it into his twitter games of nonsense.

Mr. Zipper Mohoric already superdisappointing in the first week with quite some stages that suited him. And now Caruso more like top 20 material than podium. What a difference.

agree 100%.

apparently back to their earlier career abilities. Caruso even used to do better when riding for a leader. Now that he is a leader, where’s that giro 2021 form?

Bahrain has been completely non-existent.

I wonder why.

rhetorical. Rhetorical.

Caruso lost almost 30 minutes today.

He was 2nd overall in the Giro last year and won the Queen stage.

Bardet was 7th in the same Giro and is now competing for the podium in this Tour.

Meanwhile, no sign of Mohoric.
Indeed crazy. That does not reasonate well at Bahrain and the riders (especially Caruso and Mohoric) at all. Such a difference in performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilmaestro99

TRENDING THREADS