• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best/favorite TV series ever

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Finished watching Outcast Series One made by the same guy that made the The Walking Dead which I haven't seen yet. If like me you like to watch supernatural shows it's worth a watch. Interesting without being top quality, The episodes are a bit uneven in quality but I had to keep watching.

Watched Wolf Hall which was a good series about Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn. Too bad it wasn't longer. Did not approach the quality of the Hilary Mantel books mainly due to having to condense two quite long books but it was good viewing anyway with strong performances. Something I could watch again. Also great to look at with high quality production values.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Brullnux said:
The Young Pope has started interestingly... Lenny is written as a Frank Underwood type character, and June Law so far has been extremely good. But let's see how it progresses. So far a 7 out of 10.

It's been surprisingly good. I went in with low expectations watching it. Jude Law has been excellent.

Great news that Westword has been confirmed for Season 2.

Re: Re:

gooner said:
Brullnux said:
The Young Pope has started interestingly... Lenny is written as a Frank Underwood type character, and June Law so far has been extremely good. But let's see how it progresses. So far a 7 out of 10.

It's been surprisingly good. I went in with low expectations watching it. Jude Law has been excellent.

Great news that Westword has been confirmed for Season 2.

Tried watching Westworld but it didn't hook me although it's proved to be popular. Been watching the Exorcist series. First three eps have been pretty dodgy.

Re:

Red Rick said:
Finished Spartacus a few weeks ago. Definitely a lot better than I expected. It changes quite a lot over the seasons, and it's a shame you know a lot of the ending as it's based on history.
I only watched Spartacus: Gods of the Arena because I went to school with the lead actor. I thought it wasn't bad.

Spoiler Alert

Sherlock was back today, (I will write some spoilers so if you haven't watched it and are planning to then stop reading) and I just think it was a bit muddled. I am glad Mary got killed off, in fact I don't think she should have ever been introduced, as she played a large part imo in making the third series so much worse. I think today they have tried to make it nore clever, more aligned with Series 1+2 but they seemed to include plot twists not for the benefit of the story but just to say 'Ooh, look, plot twist!'.

The story arc itself was fine, case turns into a more important one which implicates unexpected people and similar to some of the better episodes, but it just seemed, to me, to be missing a trick. It was too convoluted and not clever enough; too involved and personal but not gripping. They tried too hard. This was disappointingly evident in the unnecessary slow motion and 'edgy' shots, like the tea dropping and Cumberbatch's face morphed with the bust of Thatcher (I understand the symbolism in that, but it is still utterly superfluous). The blue water reflecting on his face earlier in the show (when he was talking to Mycroft) was foreboding and made sense with the ending, so I'll let it slide.

In short, better than Series 3, but still a few notches below 1 and 2. Hopefully without Mary it should improve back to how it was.

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
I´m watching s02 of Gotham. I like very much, good interpretations, the penguin is sublime, other actors are good too, the young Bruce Wayne, Alfred, Selina, Gordon, Nygma, Fish..., I recommend it.

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
blutto said:
....speaking of corruption....

Secret State

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1960029/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_16

State of Play

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362192/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

The State Within

...all incredibly binge-worthy....in fact once you start very very difficult to not go the binge route, so stock lots of popcorn...

Cheers

Good stuff. The Brits. know how to make compelling drama. Secret State is particularly excellent, it about sums it up "the top is the middle". :geek:

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Starstruck said:
blutto said:
....speaking of corruption....

Secret State

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1960029/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_16

State of Play

The State Within

...all incredibly binge-worthy....in fact once you start very very difficult to not go the binge route, so stock lots of popcorn...

Cheers

Good stuff. The Brits. know how to make compelling drama. Secret State is particularly excellent, it about sums it up "the top is the middle". :geek:

...indeed....

Cheers

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Fortitude was back last week for season 2.

Very good opening episode. Denis Quaid a new addition for this season.

I watched a bit of Timeless recently. Got to the 2nd episode and finished with it. It didn't interest me at all.

RIP Roger Moore.

Tribute in this thread because I found him at his best as Lord Brett Sinclair in the Persuaders and to some extent as Simon Templar, The Saint. Farewell his Lordship!
the-persuaders.jpg

So, have any of y'all watched the first couple of episodes of Twin Peaks season 3? I must admit that I didn't expect it to start of so supernatural. The original were more quirky than supernatural in the first season. I guess it is a bit hard to watch for those who don't know the first seasons.

Anyway, I really liked it, but then again, I am the type who likes it a bit slow once in a while.

Re:

Netserk said:
So, have any of y'all watched the first couple of episodes of Twin Peaks season 3? I must admit that I didn't expect it to start of so supernatural. The original were more quirky than supernatural in the first season. I guess it is a bit hard to watch for those who don't know the first seasons.

Anyway, I really liked it, but then again, I am the type who likes it a bit slow once in a while.

I like David Lynch movies, many of them anyway but I found the original Twin Peaks hard going. I tried watching it again years later and felt the same.

TRENDING THREADS