• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best/favorite TV series ever

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Ok sure why not. Favorite TV series/shows:
Classic Star Trek (grew up on the reruns), classic Doctor Who (Peter Davison is my Doctor)
for more recent/current TV shows: The Gifted and Marvel's Agent's of SHIELD. A couple others I'm enjoying are Stone House Revival and Restored (DIY station shows where they are restoring old homes).

The Wire, Breaking Bad (although I prefer Better Call Saul), Twin Peaks (my personal number 1, but it's not everyone's taste. It's great to see together with someone else).

Other than the Big Three^^, I liked Justified very much for what it is. I think you'd like it as well. I prefer Elementary over Sherlock, even if the former has lessened in the last few seasons. The first season of True Detective was excellent, I stopped watching the second after a few episodes as it wasn't all that good.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
All time favourite series are probably House of Cards, Narcos, Elementary... and Friends.

Any suggestions? Im horrible at starting to watch series.

Don't know if you like Superhero shows/movies or not. If you do I'd definitely say Daredevil is worth watching. Both seasons 1 and 2.
You might enjoy the British series Sherlock. It's a modern take and Sherlock Holmes.

Since both you and Netserk have mentioned Elementary and I've thought about watching it. Sounds like I actually should. (Or we. We would include my husband.)

My wife went to lunch with her 'ladies group' at the beginning of June, and among all of the conversation there was a discussion about Sons of Anarchy. I was aware of the series, but had never seen it, nor did I realize that it ran so long (plus there is a new spin-off coming this fall). So based on that we started watching abuot an episode a week. It was just barely compelling enough to keep me going for a while, but then I kind of got hooked. Its been 100 degrees here so in the heat of the day we usually watch at least an episode each day. We just started season 3 and I'm losing interest. The biggest complaint I hear from other people is that the Sons are just so messed up, everything they do is chaos. Mostly I don't really have a problem with that per se because I think that when you are involved in crime a lot of stuff can go wrong, plus no one ever said that MC gangs are full of scholars and geniuses. What's losing me is that there are too many layers of chaos. Yes, all of the MC stuff is a mess as expected, but now EDIT: my 'but now' was a spoiler so I took it out... I'll give it a few more episodes, but unless there is a change, I can't see making it through season 3 let alone making it to season 7.

Don't give me any spoilers, but is it worth riding out for a while?

Re:

Red Rick said:
Just watched Breaking Bad for a 3rd time. Surprised me much less I enjoyed it on rewatch.

I binged watched it again a couple of years after first seeing it. I found it very much darker and depressing second time around. I suppose I was inured to the cinematic and comedic excellence second time round and more focussed on the core story of tragic descent.

Re: Re:

macbindle said:
Red Rick said:
Just watched Breaking Bad for a 3rd time. Surprised me much less I enjoyed it on rewatch.

I binged watched it again a couple of years after first seeing it. I found it very much darker and depressing second time around. I suppose I was inured to the cinematic and comedic excellence second time round and more focussed on the core story of tragic descent.
It's similar for me.

And on rewatches it just seems to me that Walter White isn't all that great of a character, and the same trait that comes up time and time again, that ginormous ego of his, unravels super early.

TRENDING THREADS