• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best/favorite TV series ever

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Gnome said:
for comedy...the alan partridge show...and the fast show...the fast show was incredible...

AHA!

Yep, I love a good Alan Attack.

My personal favourite comedy series were probably The Day Today and Brasseye. Chris Morris and friends mining a rich vein of dark satire.

Tonight's headlines: headteacher suspended for using big-faced child as satellite dish, 'very nice' says Clarke after urinating on London from a helicopter, and what next for man raised by puffins? Those are the headlines. God, I wish they weren't.

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Language barrier

daveinzambia said:
only ever seem to find Brits who like the Boosh.

That because of the language barrier, most of us americans only know english, and the self bashing gay humour.

Peewee's Playhouse
Dr, Who!

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I still keep meaning to get around to The Shield....at the moment I'm particularly enjoying the last season (7) of The Closer. There's something about Kyra Sedgwick....:p

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
frenchfry said:
Maybe not "best ever", but we are really enjoying Fait pas ci, fait pas ça.

http://programmes.france2.fr/fais-pas-ci-fais-pas-ca/

Get Smart
Cheers
Buffalo Bill
Batman (the original tv show)

Nicely done! I had almost forgotten 'Buffalo Bill'. Dabney Coleman was TV's greatest anti-hero, I think. Also, do you suppose poor Christian VDV had his own personal Maxwell Smart moment after yesterday's TT- "Missed it by that much"? :p

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Most of my favourite shows over the years have been comedies

Yes minister still makes me laugh and has lost none of it's edge after 30yrs.

Blackadder is still just as funny- incredible cast and yet at the time relatively unknown.

Honourable mentions to the various Harry Enfield sketch shows, fast show, not the nine o clock news, green wing and I do like a bit of Boosh.

At the moment I'm really enjoying The Big Bang theory

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i liked lost :eek:

Sadly i still haven't finished it.

--

favorite comedies
Office -- surely the funniest show on tv.
how i met your mother
scrubs

--

also I am currently watching game of thrones. i like it.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
slim charles said:
I strongly recommend you not to watch last season. Or at least, don't watch last episode. I mean, there were ups and downs before that too, but it was an awesome show in general. But that last episode :mad:

Anyhoo, it's 30th anniversary of Only Fools And Horses today!
One of the best comedies ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56fFtKSJCsc

oh man. ive seen up to episode 3 or 4 in the last season, some of it already made me :|

I'll watch it hopefully soon, thinking of doing a rewatch. do love season 1 and 2.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
It brings sadness to my heart to see so few people were introduced to The Shield.

To those of you who have not seen it, it was a 7 year series (2002 - 2008) which focused around a police anti gang task force which uses its status to become the most powerful gang in the city (eg push drugs, kill and torture enemies, does heists, money laundering, kill fellow cops etc)

As enemies from all sides try to bring them down, they use both their street and police personalities, and ruthlessness to try to survive and hold onto power.

how they operate

Oh and it had an awesome theme tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7C7sRIgTDU&playnext=1&list=PL5E2B15121425E097

A truly epic show.

I stopped watching it after season 4 or 5. The last season I saw was pretty poor.

My personal favorites:

1. Rome. Simply loved it.
2. Breaking Bad. Awesome show. Great filming and beautiful images, as well as a superb plot. Not enjoying the current season as much though.
3. Arrested Development. Funny in a great way. Like nothing I've ever seen.
4. Carnivale. Very special show. Pity it got cancelled.
5. Spooks. Absolute classic.

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
i liked lost :eek:

Sadly i still haven't finished it.

--

favorite comedies
Office -- surely the funniest show on tv.
how i met your mother
scrubs

--

also I am currently watching game of thrones. i like it.
I loved 'Game of Thrones'. I usually recommend a favorite new show to my twin sister but, obviously, I'm going to have to keep this one to myself. :eek:

I encourage you to stick with the final season of 'Lost'. The way they explain and connect these 'alternate' lives is quite ingenious, I thought. As for the last episode, I'm agnostic, but even I found it very moving.

I'm a fan of British crime dramas and their unique interpretation of science fiction so a partial list of those types:

MI-5
Torchwood
Dr. Who (The David Tennant interpretation)
Luther
Prime Suspect

Other TV shows that I've enjoyed:

Fringe
X-Files
Justified
Battlestar Galactica (the modern version)
Archer
The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Best shows on TV at the moment in Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire (when it returns). Mad Men has been good, but later seasons the quality has deteriorated (same with Dexter). Curb is also good. It's just a shame that we don't get any of these shown regularly of Australian free-to-air TV

Of all time:
Drama - The Wire
Comedy - Arrested Development

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Dramas: don't watch them

Reality:
Man v Food
Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern

Comedy:
The Office (U.S.)
My Name Is Earl
The Simpsons
Kids in the Hall

Classics: Twilight Zone, M*A*S*H*, Miami Vice.

Current/recent: Numb3rs.

Comments on others' picks: I agree that Carnivale should have gotten more of a chance. What a unique show. I couldn't make it through much of the Shield or The Wire, but everyone tells me that The Wire didn't start great, so you have to stick to it. I liked the fact it was shot in Baltimore, with a lot of non-actors. Very cool.

I've been fortunate to have seen every new network TV pilot coming out this year, and am looking forward most to: PanAm, Unforgettable, Person of Interest, Revenge, and maybe A Gifted Man (great pilot, but don't know if they can keep it up).

A

Anonymous

I could definitely watch TV with several people here.

1. The Wire
2. Breaking Bad
3. Sopranos
4. Band of Brothers
5. MASH
6. Dexter
7. Seinfeld
8. The Office
9. Bevis and Butthead
10. Magnum P.I.

TRENDING THREADS