• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best forum memes

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Best and funniest forum meme

• Total voters
Really, I don't even know most memes, partly because I've not been on this forum long enough and partly because I've forgotten them. Generally I feel like the jokes were very different back when this forum was more of a Contador fanclub. The forum very different in general. I think the discussions were a lot more heated, for the better and for the worse.

To come back to memes, I remember in the 2018 there was a Yates fan who threw a tantrum after the Etna stage because Yates let Chaves win the stage and for a week or so he couldn't stop complaining about the precious time (4 seconds to be precise) Yates lost that way. Of course people were starting to make jokes about it and it only got better when Yates cracked on the Finestre and was suddenly half an hour behind. The joke wasn't around for very long but Yates' 4 seconds was one I found pretty funny.
Yeah I don't think this forum has had that many big memes actually, and it's been more like posters preferences/biases do get joked about a lot without it necessarily turning into a meme. I also think a lot of old stuff died with some long time posters getting banned or being less active.

Anyway I used to love Hitch stage previews. Only good thing about the 2012 Giro

Reactions: gregrowlerson
Anyway, looks like everyone and their grandmother is taking part in this great thread!

Talking about grandmothers: "Descending like [X-Rider]'s grandmother" or "[X-rider] descends like a grandmother". Though, I dunno if that counts as forums memes, since it was technically Wiggins who started it by describing his own descending skills as such.

"There's no chance race x won't get cancelled" has been a rather annoying meme going on this year. Although, it probably wasn't a meme.

"Rider y will win this bike race".

Also, would anyone be a dear and explain what the Vino stuff actually means?
Legend says that when the first poll on CN was made, the final option was already Vino

Ninja Zubeldia was one of the best memes. Is Gigs watching has become a classic.
Never cared for the bag, the Vino option on the other hand is a classic.
I hate to say it, but I kinda miss Ryo and some of his antics...
Bag was fun for a while, but it's not the kind of thing that stays fun.

Did Ryo ever name the 30 Colombians that were better than Nibali when Nibs was crushing the 2013 Giro?

Tbh I'd associate myself much more with complaining about GT routes than The Button.

Libertine Seguros has had a few, though I wouldn't call hating Sagan a meme really, but the Sepp Kuss thing is hilarious. Also Fedaia (FEDAIAAAA!!!!!), mentioning the best women rider in every rider of the year discussion. And shoutout to that one time I said there must be at least 150 climbs harder than Alpe d'Huez and LS went and made an entire list of 150 climbs

I do like the Black Album thing @Netserk. I'm not sure if it ever was a meme, but I did like @LaFlorecita's old sig referencing Hitch calling Contador the Greatest of the Nine. I think it started during the 2011 Tour or something.

CN was way different when I was still lurking. Stage threads were insane, previews could be huge. I think the first time I was lurking might actually have been the 2011 Tour de Suisse when Leipheimer beat Cunego in that final ITT, which is probably the smallest race to ever cause such rage on the forum. There also used to be some rivalry between The Dutch Mafia and some other posters, I think Aussieyclefan but most of this was before I posted here.

But what does it signify? Vinokourov winning or someone winning in a Vino-like way? Whatever that may be.
I think it was just about Vinokourovs sheer aggression. I think Jens_Attacks used to hype him a lot but he no longer posts here sadly.

Didn't it have something to do with Vino pulling the surprise Champs victory?
Maybe, but that was like 4 years before the forum started. Might be more due to surprise LBL win?

Reactions: Sandisfan
Talking about grandmothers: "Descending like [X-Rider]'s grandmother" or "[X-rider] descends like a grandmother". Though, I dunno if that counts as forums memes, since it was technically Wiggins who started it by describing his own descending skills as such.

Unfortunately I think Andreas Klöden might have started this one himself with his fall from grace off the columbierre in the 2009 Tour....

Yeah I don't think this forum has had that many big memes actually, and it's been more like posters preferences/biases do get joked about a lot without it necessarily turning into a meme. I also think a lot of old stuff died with some long time posters getting banned or being less active.

Anyway I used to love Hitch stage previews. Only good thing about the 2012 Giro

Anyone remember El Pistolero? He wasn't backwards in coming forwards.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS