• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Best forum memes

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Best and funniest forum meme

• Total voters
He's not posting on the forum on a regular basis, but as a meme Durianrider actually transcends this forum.
I mean, there are actual memes about him. A wannabe cult leader who'll explain to you how disc brakes on roadbikes are causing Covid.
I just googled him and the description says he's a guy who uses youtube to find women to sexually assault.

Who is this guy?

Last edited:
Durianrider is a megalomaniac with an ego the size of Manhattan. He purports to be some kind of healthy-living guru by preaching the vegan gospel. That's all well and good, but he has managed to dupe a lot of people struggling with weight issues to quote carb the fcuk up and ingest massive amounts of sugar before and after getting on the bike.
Based on what I've seen, he berates fat people and says all you need to do to get well is jump on the bike, without noting that things can be a bit more complicated than that for a variety of reasons.
I won't get into the other aspects of his life, but suffice to say I think he a dangerous individual. A kook, if you will. Oh, wait, a quack. Both terms apply.

I just googled him and the description says he's a guy who uses youtube to find women to sexually assault.

Who is this guy?

He has a website along with his YouTube feed and has even been on our junk media in both a positive and negative light.

They started turning on him when videos of him confronting drivers when out on the bike started appearing (nothing Australia likes less than an entitled bike rider).

There's a response to his echo chamber forum called 30 Bananas a Day... Sucks where people share horror stories about his dietary "advice" and personality.

• Wow
Reactions: yaco and Sandisfan
Got a little curious, and checked some images. Let me just say; he looks like a guy who'd have some fundamentally differences of opinion with "good old" CMP...
I would have paid good money (or bad money at least, not sure if I'd want to spend my hard-earned) to see a Durianrider / CheckMyPecs face-off in the Form & Fitness board. It could have made Frank Day in the crank thread look like child's play.

I forgot if it was brought up but the Dutch Mafia hyping every Dutch rider in 2010-2013 was a good one too.
Who can forget the appreciation and deprecation threads or how Contador's thread was started.
Not a forum meme but it started in like 2013 with my mom calling Cavendish, Catfish on accident and it always stuck when we talk to each other about him.

• Haha
Reactions: Samu Cuenca
Dec 8, 2020
Visit site
I know the thread about posters trying to use a picture of contador's head as proof of something in the clinic wasnt a meme..but funny as hell. It was around 2011, i think...the clinic was cracking back then.

He has a website along with his YouTube feed and has even been on our junk media in both a positive and negative light.

They started turning on him when videos of him confronting drivers when out on the bike started appearing (nothing Australia likes less than an entitled bike rider).

There's a response to his echo chamber forum called 30 Bananas a Day... Sucks where people share horror stories about his dietary "advice" and personality.
How much banana bread would you have to eat to get to the 30 banana mark?

I'm gonna ressurect this thread; shoot me*!

Been thinking about a few new ones recently:

1: The Dot!
2: BlueRoad's kidnappings.
3: I feel like it's been mentioned, but LS' "love" for Sepp Kuss.
4: And I guess my, errr... slightly... wonky... math abilities.

*Please don't actually shoot me.
It's good that you added that last bit I definitely had my nerf gun ready to go

TRENDING THREADS