• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Big Lance @ Kona 2011

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Roadhouse said:
Funny how the only real Ironman I have yet to take notice of and have any respect for is Rudy Garcia-Tolson.

Rudy is amazing. I remember him passing me in the run at Bonnelli Park.
not to be contrary but I believe this year was his first Ironman and he DNF. But that certainly does not detract from his many accomplishments.

Roadhouse

BANNED
Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
Rudy is amazing. I remember him passing me in the run at Bonnelli Park.
not to be contrary but I believe this year was his first Ironman and he DNF. But that certainly does not detract from his many accomplishments.

Hello friend, nice to meet you. In IMAZ ( i think) he didn't make it in time for the bike cut off last year but he completed Kona this year with a few minutes to spare. All hail that kind of Ironman. And i know this because i was glued to the tv even after watching Big Jordan Rapp dominate. And then Jordan was cool enough to talk to all of us about that day and say exactly what i had a feeling he would say, that Rudy is an inspiration to us all. That was cool too.

I guess it kinda just gets me right there, you know, the sweet spot. To, to many others seem to just take it (life) for granted. Anywho, glad to know that you're out there bro.

Mar 16, 2009
Some may not know Rudy. At age five, after 15 operations, he told his parents he wanted to move on; he would rather be a double amputee than continue to put up with what his life had become. He had both legs removed above the knee.
Rudy_Garcia-Tolson.jpg

Roadhouse

BANNED
Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Anything IS Possible.

he's also a gold medal special olympics swimmer and he made the Kona swim, no legs mind you in 2.4 miles of open water, in one hour flat.

Mar 16, 2009
OK I'm a Rudy fanboy I guess. But it is amazing how he rides being a double above the knee amputee.
2076753040_full.jpg

There is a shift in the Force. I agree with Roadhouse about something.
Maybe it is time to believe in unicorns:eek:

L29205 said:
I will not respond to the content per your request. I removed you from my ignore list as a common courtesy since I responded to one of the your quotes that came up from another poster. If you were still on my ignore list quoting yourself will still not show up. Done with you all together per your request.

Funny how those who worship douche sports stars tend to be douches themselves.:D

Roadhouse

BANNED
Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Funny how those who worship douche sports stars tend to be douches themselves.:D

edited by mod

and a few serious discrepancies on my Kona on the brain part, it was IMAZ that Rudy (and Big Rapp) recently finished, not Kona...eh.

Susan Westemeyer said:
People do not convince the mods to let them back. People change their IP Address so that they can get back in.

Susan

You have at least started blocking IPs now? that's a start I guess. My point, and I'm sorry if my memory is faulty, was that his account was banned and now he is using it again. IPs has nothing to do with that.

(sorry for the off-topic by the way, I'll leave it at this)

Roadhouse

BANNED
Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Roadhouse said:
edited by mod

and a few serious discrepancies on my Kona on the brain part, it was IMAZ that Rudy (and Big Rapp) recently finished, not Kona...eh.

sorry bout that Mod, after all of the crap people talk to me i figured that wouldn't be anything to worry about. it was meant funny though so that is that and to the rest, no mod banned me, ever.

this site is fun. lot's of stupid people. :D

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:

Hugh, I agree in general. But I don't let these people bug me. I know that it is a little late since Roadhouse is banned now. I care less about respect from people I meet on a internet forum. People who command respect will show themselves always. I hope to never be caught in the trap of hero worship, everyone has faults. While I am critical of LA, I don't hate him and while I dislike his choices I am in the camp of he did what he had to do to get the paycheck.

I am already in trouble with Susan so I will stop, I think she thought I was Roadhouse or any of the incarnations of BPC.

Remember this is the internet, who gives a F()ck if someone from another country hates you. It is all water off of a ducks back. :D

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
"I will be in Kona (the Ironman start and finish town) 15 months after the final Tour (de France) ... if it's 2010, then it will be Kona 2011," Armstrong told AAP.

"If it's 2011, it will be Kona 2012.

"I don't know I could be top three, top five or top 10, but anyway, I want to come and finish."

Armstrong will compete in Hawaii soon

It will be interesting. I still believe that he is overrating his abilities but unlike his fans he at least is saying he wants to "come and finish".

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
L29205 said:
While I am critical of LA, I don't hate him and while I dislike his choices I am in the camp of he did what he had to do to get the paycheck.

Damn, money is really the root of all evil.

I guess he had to go after Bassons, Simeoni and others?

A

Anonymous

krebs303 said:
"I will be in Kona (the Ironman start and finish town) 15 months after the final Tour (de France) ... if it's 2010, then it will be Kona 2011," Armstrong told AAP.

"If it's 2011, it will be Kona 2012.

"I don't know I could be top three, top five or top 10, but anyway, I want to come and finish."

Armstrong will compete in Hawaii soon

I just can't take any announcements seriously any more. He was definitely going to race in Volta Ciclista a Catalunya, and the world marked it on their calendar's as his first head to head against Contador. Then he was definitely going to race this classic, and that one. Yesterday he said he's definitely doing the Tour Of California, but nothing else was settled beyond the Tour Of Murcia. If it's mid-January, and as a leader of a new team he doesn't know what he'll race in March, it's tough to believe he has the rest of his athletic career mapped out. But have fun with it.

Meanwhile, Eric Harr is training to beat nine hours at Kona this year while hoping to raise a million dollars for C.A.R.E. He's devoted every day to it for some time. That's enough celebrity for Kona for me this year. Cheers
Edit: Eric is on his way to help in Haiti. His passport was expired, but the State Department got him a new one in two hours.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
L29205 said:
out of context but a valid point still. Money driving the sport.

Ok, I didn't realize the thread was so heated so I'll step back. But, I'm not sure if you wanted to say that Armstrong did what he had to do.

What I'm saying is that I have a heck of a lot of respect for someone like Bassons who tries to do the right thing, even though it may ruin him, than someone like LA who will do anything for the almighty dollar.

TRENDING THREADS