• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Big Lance @ Kona 2011

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
Anybody who knows anything about triathlon could not help but know who Dave Scott is.
Oh that's right all you know is Lance Armstrong.

I wouldn't be so hard on him.

Roadhouse is just trying to get everyone riled up by playing the clueless Armstrong fan, who can't spell, thinks Lance is the only athlete in the world and all the other riders are too lazy to train as hard as he does.

A

Anonymous

Race Radio said:

Roadhouse is just trying to get everyone riled up by playing the clueless Armstrong fan, who can't spell, thinks Lance is the only athlete in the world and all the other riders are too lazy to train as hard as he does.

Yea, that is a yak there if I ever saw one.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Race Radio said:

He's playing the same game on the Slowtwitch Forum.

Roadhouse

BANNED
Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
He's playing the same game on the Slowtwitch Forum.

you weren't supposed to tell anyone. i wanted them to keep thinking that i just have not a clue as to what a triathlete is. remember, i don't know of craig alexander or normann stadler or natascha or chrissie or dave scott or chris mcormack or anyone other than lance. actually, i was just hoping to find someone else who thinks big lance is actually gonna win but the more i fin out about you cyclists, the more i constantly wanna burn my bike.

and btw, Anything is Possible so it's not about triathlons to me. and if you think i'm playing games, well, you're wrong.

Roadhouse said:
I don't know anything of Dave Scott but i can say that if any of them had put in one tenth the effort into training compared to Big Lance, yes. why not? was he trying to?

I know Dave, have worked on his bike since the early 90s and yes, he trains with as much intensity and 'heart' as LA did or does.

You are on a computer, do some research so you don't look so much like a LA fanmaniac.

Google is your friend.

A

Anonymous

OK October 9, 2009, just before Kona, Chris Carmichael said that LA will definitely race there in 2011, and wouldn't be satisfied with just trying to win his age group.

Two months passed, and around 12/10/09 LA confirmed that he's definitely going to race two more years and do everything in his power to win an 8th Tour de France.

Another month passed, and on 1/10/10, LA was asked if this will really be his last Tour Down Under. He talked about the 2010 Tour de France:

But if Armstrong can win the Tour de France again, he wants to return to the Down Under race.

"If I'm lucky enough to get another one, then I could see racing another season, which would mean going again in 2011 with all the same stuff,'' he said.

If he can't know, or commit to, whether or not he'll even be a pro cyclist in 2011, I don't see how Carmichael or anyone else can say for certain that he'll be at Kona in 2011.

And now he might ride the World Championships in October (if he gets selected for the team) if the course looks tough enough:confused:.

theswordsman said:
OK October 9, 2009, just before Kona, Chris Carmichael said that LA will definitely race there in 2011, and wouldn't be satisfied with just trying to win his age group.

Two months passed, and around 12/10/09 LA confirmed that he's definitely going to race two more years and do everything in his power to win an 8th Tour de France.

Another month passed, and on 1/10/10, LA was asked if this will really be his last Tour Down Under. He talked about the 2010 Tour de France:

If he can't know, or commit to, whether or not he'll even be a pro cyclist in 2011, I don't see how Carmichael or anyone else can say for certain that he'll be at Kona in 2011.

And now he might ride the World Championships in October (if he gets selected for the team) if the course looks tough enough:confused:.
Carmichael might know things that LA is in denial about...

Anyone know how the avg cycling speed of the fastest Kona riders compares to average speed of the fastest pro long TT riders?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
180 km @ 40kph = 4:30.
180 km @ 48kph = 3:45.

So if someone manages to average about 48 kph (30 mph), they could gain 40-45 minutes in the 180 km cycling portion...

true, but there is a huge difference in energy systems for a one hour effort and an 8 hour effort. Or if we look at someone going for the bike record after a swim 5 hour effort. Floyd held about 360 Watts for his mammoth breakaway, which everyone believes was incredible, 48 kph would require at least 100 watts more. Some of the top iron men have an lactate threshold above the 400W mark very similar to Lance, but they weigh more, much more. They generaly sit 80-100 watts under this threshold.

http://www.purplepatchfitness.com/purplepatch_fitness/Resources_and_News_files/UberBikers.pdf

Roadhouse

BANNED
Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
karlboss said:
true, but there is a huge difference in energy systems for a one hour effort and an 8 hour effort. Or if we look at someone going for the bike record after a swim 5 hour effort. Floyd held about 360 Watts for his mammoth breakaway, which everyone believes was incredible, 48 kph would require at least 100 watts more. Some of the top iron men have an lactate threshold above the 400W mark very similar to Lance, but they weigh more, much more. They generaly sit 80-100 watts under this threshold.

http://www.purplepatchfitness.com/purplepatch_fitness/Resources_and_News_files/UberBikers.pdf

which means that he has more power to push less wieght for a longer sustained time? who'da thought?

it's over before it even began. Big Lance is gonna tear Kona an entirely new island.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Roadhouse said:
which means that he has more power to push less wieght for a longer sustained time? who'da thought?

it's over before it even began. Big Lance is gonna tear Kona an entirely new island.

yep, power to weight super important in a flat windy course. I'd say this data suggests he won't be too far ahead on the bike and will be smoked in the other legs

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
karlboss said:
yep, power to weight super important in a flat windy course. I'd say this data suggests he won't be too far ahead on the bike and will be smoked in the other legs

Well, I guess I will respond, I have Roadhouse on my ignore list but people keep quoting him.

Most people don't understand the nutrition aspect of the Ironman races. After an hour swim you are almost already drained of available sugars in your body. You get into a rhythm on the bike and try to make up your deficit while draining what you have left. You get off the bike dehydrated and be ready to go for the run. Next you are hit by the heat you can not understand it the lava suck @ss thermal heat sink.

I will post my finisher medals to show that I know what I am talking about and not posting opinions. I have been there and I have done that.

Roadhouse

BANNED
Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
L29205 said:
Well, I guess I will respond, I have Roadhouse on my ignore list but people keep quoting him.

Most people don't understand the nutrition aspect of the Ironman races. After an hour swim you are almost already drained of available sugars in your body. You get into a rhythm on the bike and try to make up your deficit while draining what you have left. You get off the bike dehydrated and be ready to go for the run. Next you are hit by the heat you can not understand it the lava suck @ss thermal heat sink.

I will post my finisher medals to show that I know what I am talking about and not posting opinions. I have been there and I have done that.

then don't respond to me cause i can tell you that i hadn't much appreciation for the people who came at me with 16 and up 'finishers' medals. you're nothing to Big Lance, nothing to me so if it's some sort of ****ing contest you are trying to win, well, apparently the wind is blowing in your own face.

it's not about finishing, it's about what you take from all it took to get you there and what you come away with, the pride, the determination, the conquest of being better than saying "Roadhouse is on my ignore list yadda yadda yadda crap foot in mouth" ? you're still weak. You're name Chip by chance?

again, no need to respond cause i just don't have respect for you. it's different than being on an ignore list, by far from what i can tell.

have a nice life.

Roadhouse

BANNED
Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Roadhouse said:
then don't respond to me cause i can tell you that i hadn't much appreciation for the people who came at me with 16 and up 'finishers' medals. you're nothing to Big Lance, nothing to me so if it's some sort of ****ing contest you are trying to win, well, apparently the wind is blowing in your own face.

it's not about finishing, it's about what you take from all it took to get you there and what you come away with, the pride, the determination, the conquest of being better than saying "Roadhouse is on my ignore list yadda yadda yadda crap foot in mouth" ? you're still weak. You're name Chip by chance?

again, no need to respond cause i just don't have respect for you. it's different than being on an ignore list, by far from what i can tell.

have a nice life.

i'm taking the liberty to quote myself for you but please, if you're such the big guy, show it. refrain from speaking of me at all.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Roadhouse said:
i'm taking the liberty to quote myself for you but please, if you're such the big guy, show it. refrain from speaking of me at all.

I will not respond to the content per your request. I removed you from my ignore list as a common courtesy since I responded to one of the your quotes that came up from another poster. If you were still on my ignore list quoting yourself will still not show up. Done with you all together per your request.

Roadhouse

BANNED
Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
"I'm not gonna respond to you either but ony after I say I'm not gonna respond to you so I guess I responded to you but wait, not any longer...and it's all your fault!! Moooommmyy!!"

BRILLIANT!!

anywho, i mighta gotten carried away with all of this but i honestly no longer have much love for Anything is Possible. well, not in the current state of affairs anywho. Now come Kona 2011, I hope that changes.